Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-20, 10:53 PM  
sherry7899

Jackie, we are going to visit my niece tomorrow. We can't wait to see the baby.

We got home from.the wake (which was an hour away) around seven. Just now it showed up on the news that there is a six alarm fire right in the area we drove through! No injuries are reported. I hope our friend was able to get back to his hotel. There are roads closed and the train line is shut down.

Cyana, we are very thankful for our repair guy. He is semi retired but kept the customers he likes I baked him some muffins to keep on his good side!
He hates that new appliances have so many features that can break easily.

Speaking of baking, I made homemade black and white cookies for our friend who's father passed. He worked in NYC and used to buy them there. The cookie recipe was easy, but the icing drove me crazy. I had to use way more milk than called for. It started as the consistency of play doh! My arm and shoulder were sore by the time I got it right. It called for mixing by hand and was a real pain.
I brought some to my pregnant niece who loved them. My husband joked I will have to make them near her due date if they have more kids since she went into labor twelve hours after eating them!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone, happy Moan Day. Yikes, I'm behind! It was a blah/melancholy few days, nothing worth writing about.

Jan. 9 - Floor PT; Sadhana Day 17 - Kia Miller Recharge and Glow.

Jan. 10 - Sadhana Day 18 - meditated with Insight Timer.

Jan. 11 - Beach walk; Sadhana Day 19 - chakra meditation.

Jan. 12 - GYM for PT and weights; Sadhana Day 20 - chakra meditation.

I saw my Reiki mentor for a session on Saturday and we had a nice chat. One of my goals is to get myself in a steady mind frame of healthy eating and less snacking. She recommended working on my solar plexus chakra (personal strength) and heart chakra (emotional cravings/eating).
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Margot - the U.S. desert feels so nice at first, but it can get way too dry. We lived in Phoenix almost two years and I couldn't stand it - felt like baking in a sandbox.

Pam, I hope you continue to have relief from the PF. I just love gratitude meditations - they ground you.

Sherry, I did listen to WNEW. IIRC WNEW was my first exposure to Howard Stern. Congratulations on your grandnephew!!! I hope Mom is doing well, thank goodness she got to the hospital in time. Too bad you had to attend a wake.

Jackie, taking a Pure Barre class sounds like fun!

Cyana we had crazy warm weather this weekend. I hate to sound like a complainer, but it was creepy. That didn't stop me from a nice beach walk though. Good luck with your small steps challenge - I hope your migraine/vertigo is on the mend.

everyone have a lovely day!
Old 01-13-20, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

duplicate!
Old 01-13-20, 10:55 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I figured you listened to WNEW. When I heard the Kennedys on there, we were living in our current town where it is hard to get NYC stations. I remember I had a boom box with a wire hanger attached to the antenna and boom box angled just so so I could get the station in

Thanks for your sympathy. Our friend who lost his father just lost his mom last summer, so it's really rough for him. This is our third friend who has lost both parents months apart.

We are excited to see my grand nephew tonight.

This morning I did:

Yoga with Adriene: Nurturing
Soul Sweat World Heat with Sara Jane-Grounding. I only made it through 20 minutes. My back is cranky today. I hope it doesn't get worse. I was fine yesterday- I did a 70 minute class yesterday! Oh, well...

Have a good day!
Sherry

Old 01-13-20, 12:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

It’s a moan day here, lol, as we got snow last night. It’s not a common occurrence for us & people don’t know how to drive in it! We had a 4 hour power failure yesterday, the third one this week, crazy winds howling & trees down.

I have an appt in town later so might recruit DH to drive & pick up my grocery order while I’m in there. I’ve started occasionally ordering my groceries online and then someone brings them out to my car. It’s a win-win as I’m not fond of grocery shopping and I figure it creates employment, lol. My DS1 uses the service regularly.

Yesterday’s meagre offerings:
~neighborhood walk in the wind before the snow came. It was quite invigorating to walk by the shore & see the waves pounding the rocks.
~gentle forward bends, hip openers, & legs up the wall on my own

Cyana - I’ve had both IMS & acupuncture, similar but different. It felt very weird having acupuncture needles hanging out of me for a length of time, lol. I think IMS can be more painful, although the needles don’t stay in sometimes they really zing the trigger points. I saw that MFML challenge, might check it out as I need to stay gentle for now.

Sherry - Sorry about your friend’s dad, that’s hard losing both parents so close together. On a happier note, how exciting to have a new life in your family, congrats to all! We had LG appliances in our patio home before we moved into the house, can’t say I was impressed with them.

Jackie - You’ll have to give us a review when you get to the PB studio!

Pat - I’ve been working on cleaner eating and less snacking, too many treats over the holidays! Interesting connection to those chakras.

Back later to post my workouts....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 09:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back with today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 9 - standing
~MFML: Stepping Stones to Practice 1 - this was lovely, gentle, & back to basics
~headstand & legs up the wall

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 08:08 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, I hope the snow melts quickly.

Pat, I forgot Howard Stern was on that station.

We saw my grand nephew last night. He is so cute and so small! My niece gave him to me to hold and feed him right away. I was nervous since our son is 20 and it's been a LONG time since I've fed a baby. They should be going home today. We did get to see our friend's sister who is a maternity nurse there, which was nice. We told her we were visiting my niece , who was the flower girl at our wedding. Our friend's sister was at our wedding, so she said "oh, god, we're all so old!"

My back was really cranky last night, so I'm taking a rest day today. I will do some stretching and meditation, though.

Have a good day!
Sherry

Old 01-14-20, 10:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sadhana Day 21 - Giselle Mari, Goodnight Moon (Glo).

What a day yesterday. I won an air fryer in a raffle at work (good thing). When I went to pick it up though, it is an air fryer / rotisserie / convection contraption. In the box it weighs 25 pounds and was big and ungainly. I struggled quite a way down steps, across a street and down a hill, and through a parking garage with it. OMG. I had to keep putting it down and picking it back up. No exaggeration I carried it at least a mile. Whew! And I can walk today! Proud of me!!

The evening featured my annual eye exam at which I learned that I need to have cataract surgery. That's not too upsetting because it can give me 20/20 vision and help me be able to drive at night. But I was hoping to go at least one year without surgery of any kind. Rolleyes!
\O=O/

Sherry isn't funny how tiny infants are when you're not used to having one around? A little scary even. I just love their smell.

Wow Pam, in all the years we've been checking in I don't remember reading about your having weather like that.

Happy day to one and all.
Old 01-14-20, 08:46 PM  
cyana

Yesterday:
MFML - Sun Salutations For Your Day - Kristin Campbell

Today:
MFML - Sun Salutations For Your Day - Kristin Campbell (Got interrupted before I completed this one yesterday, so I promised myself I'd do the whole thing today. I like Kristin, but this one is a bit wristy for my taste).
MFML - 10 Minutes of Morning Magic - Lucy McCarthy (A lovely stretchy short practice)
YT - Paula B - Day 14 - Weght Loss for Woman over 50 - 20 second intervals and I figure I can do just about anything for 20 seconds.
YT - yoginimelbourne - Yoga for the Neck, Shoulders and Upper Back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTJHUDB5ak This felt really good and I highly recommend it - especially for my fellow desk dwellers. A pleasant, soft-spoken instructor - Paula Lay.

Pat - DH has had cataract surgery in both eyes. The first one they let go too long and it was technically difficult, so they had to put a stitch or two in as the incision had to be larger. He had to patch his eye at night for a while, but was back at work on the second day after surgery and used a computer all day. They did the second eye much earlier and it was a breeze, he was back at work no later than the second day. He had some post-op activity restrictions like not bending over or lifting anything heavy for a fairly short time - nothing onerous. He would do it again in a heartbeat. Good golly that was a quite a functional fitness work-out to lug your prize to the car! You'll have to let us know how you like it and whether you think it's worth it to get an air fryer. All these people at the farmer's market tell me about all sorts of veggie chips they make and they sound awfully yummy - and healthy.

Sherry - I'm glad to hear the wee one is doing well. LOL - doesn't something the lines of "we're all getting old" come up more and more often these days??? Not sure what it is about those black and white cookies and their magical spell, but everyone I know who is a native of NYC loves those.

Pam - I've had a couple of acupuncture needles hit a trigger point and yowza - it's very electric! I haven't tried ordering groceries on-line.

Must run - my mouse died and I had to steal the one off my work computer. I think the cosmos is telling me I need to get away from electrical things for the evening.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote