Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-20, 08:48 PM  
Twigs

By the way, for anyone interested, Lee Holden is doing another free 5-day Jumpstart Challenge, starting on the 13th. Each class is 20 minutes.

Hope this link works.

https://pages.holdengigong.com/5-day...allenge-opt-in

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 08:54 PM  
Twigs

Pam - I’m so glad you’ve found someone who can help with your PF. My fascia therapist told me that in most cases, it’s not the foot that’s the problem but from an imbalance elsewhere in th

Pat - I’ve been to the SW of Ireland and it’s really beautiful. It’s surprising that we have palms over here. Mostly, they are found in the SW of the country, in the county of Cornwall. It’s a pity we don’t get more of the tropical climate though! We complain about the rain a lot in the UK but I’m finding the climate here too dry for me. My eyes are starting to bother me. Who would have thought I would miss the rain!

Jackie - It’s great that your new classes are already full. Hope it all goes well.

Old 01-10-20, 08:56 PM  
Twigs

Cyana - Sorry you’re still feeling the effects of your migraine. Hope you feel better soon. When I was in Vegas, I went to Whole Foods to look for some Fiji Almond butter with ginger but no luck, unfortunately. It sounds so good, so I ended up ordering some from Amazon, as I already needed to buy some toothpastes and shipping was free.

Old 01-10-20, 10:17 PM  
Twigs

Sherry, sorry to hear about your refrigerator. Hope it’s not going to be costly. Nice workouts today. I must check out Yoga Su again. I really like her classes.

Old 01-10-20, 10:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics TV: Full Body Pain Relief
~MFML: Gratitude Practice & Meditation - This was very thoughtful!
~Legs up the wall

I’m staying gentle as my PT instructions. I’m a bit tender at some of the needling spots in my low back & left hip. Good news is....my PF feels a little better already!

Margot - My goodness, that was quite the tumble, glad you weren’t badly injured! Yes I’m grateful to have a good PT, he’s never steered me wrong. This is not the first time my lumbar spine &/or SI joints have been the culprits in a problem down further down the chain. I think I’m a perpetual work in progress, lol.

Cyana - So sorry the migraine continues to plague you, vertigo is awful! (((Hugs)))

Pat - So glad you’re enjoying Yogaglo! Yes my low back is frequently problematic, but I’m working through it! I never would have thought it was the root cause of my PF.

Sherry - Appliances sure aren’t built to last these days!

Jackie - I think I’ll be pulling out my Ellen’s or maybe doing a month of her streaming. I need uplifting and gentle....Ellen does both well!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 09:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~neighborhood walk
~Essentrics PCW 9 - standing segment
~Yoga Collective: Back Care - this was a series of lovely, gentle, reclined twists finishing with a seated hip opening forward bend
~Legs up the wall

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 06:48 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I took a rest day yesterday after having done cardio and yoga five days last week. That is my limit.

Cyana-I am so sorry about the migraine. I hope you are feeling much better.

Pam-luckily we have an excellent and honest repair guy. He told us he doesn't even usually work on our brand of refrigerator (LG) because they have so many problems. Next time we go to buy a major appliance, we are asking him for suggestions! He made an exception for us since he likes us He saved our dishwasher, washer and dryer from needing replacing for as long as possible. He gave us a break on the cost of the parts and didn't charge for labor, which was so nice of him. It was an awakening to how much we had crammed in our freezer when I had to move it all so he could replace the fan!

Our old fridge had lasted 20 years! That won't happen again.

Margot, I really enjoy Yoga Su. I wish she would put up more practices. I need to do her longer practices. Thanks for the information on Lee Holden.
I would love to see Ireland. My DH has NO desire to go there, even though he is the one who is Irish!
I am so glad you were not seriously hurt from your fall!

Jackie, congratulations on the full classes.

Eventful weekend...

Friday night we went to a concert at a local record store to see a husband and wife singer songwriter duo-Pete and Maura Kennedy.

Pat, I first heard them on the station WNEW. Did you listen to that station when you lived in NY? I heard them on Vin Scelsa's radio show "Idiot's Delight" in the mid 1990s, and we've followed them ever since.

Yesterday we went to see my niece, her daughter and my sister. My niece was due to have her second child any day now.

Well, this morning at 6am I got a facebook message that he was born at 4:42 am this morning! He was born FOUR minutes after they got to the hospital, which was twenty minutes from their house. Thank goodness they went at a time with no traffic, or he would have been born in the car! It is also fortunate my sister lives two minutes from my niece so they could drop off their daughter fast before going to the hospital. My niece's husband worked until midnight and only had an hour of sleep before she woke him up to leave.

I wish we could get to the hospital today, but sadly we are going to a wake. Our friend's father passed away last week and the wake is this afternoon. We are going with another friend, so we can't do a hospital detour. We may wait to see them until they go home anyway since they bounce you out so fast these days. A friend of my husband's sister is a maternity nurse there, so if we did stop we may end up seeing her...small world! My niece's husband has a big family, and they will likely all show up, so we don't want to overwhelm them with visitors.

I was going to go back to sleep when I woke up a little before six, but I'm too wired now. I should really go do some cardio.....

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 09:05 AM  
sherry7899

Sunday workout:

-Soul Sweat with Tori 69 minutes. This one was really enjoyable!

-Yoga Upload Yoga for Hips and thighs

-meditation

Have a great day!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 11:11 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Wow, Sherry! That's quite the birth story. Four minutes! You've had a busy weekend.

I taught a class yesterday. Today I'm going to do something restorative.

Joni O just posted on Facebook about a Pure Barre studio opening near the north end of the metro....I think I will drive and take a class when they open.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-20, 08:11 PM  
cyana

Today:
30-45 minutes health bounce on the rebounder
MFML - Meditation: Soft Pause - Nikita Akilapa
MFML - Tune In Tune Up: The Heart Center - Andrea Kwiatkowski
MFML - Feet: Stability & Balance - Zephyr Wildman

If I do the feet practice again I'll definitely use my cork blocks, as the give of the foam blocks made that one really tough/tougher!

I've signed up for the MFML Small Steps Challenge that begins tomorrow. It's 28 days of practices in the 20 minute range. I have to set my goals and intentions and we're supposed to commit to writing 3 things every day that we're grateful for. The focus for week 1 is Happiness. They also do a weekly live chat on FB, but I don't do FB. And she's sending out a weekly recipe - this week is a split pea soup, but I don't have tamarind paste or leeks. It sounded .

Margot - OMG, that was a scary story about your near-disaster! I'm so glad you aren't seriously injured!!! I hope you like the Fiji Ginger - I had a teaspoon for my dessert and my tongue is still warm.

Pam - I'm glad the needling seems to be helping. There's just something about the term needling that sounds painful (says she who thinks nothing of having a bazillion acupuncture needs dangling out of her body! ).

Jackie - That's great news on your full class. Hopefully the new Pure Barre will have some free classes or other promotions for their grand opening.

Sherry
- Woooo......that was a close call on the delivery!! I'm so jealous you have such a gem of an appliance repairman. It is painfully difficult to get anyone to do anything around here these days. Appliances are really scary as they're so darned expensive and have so many more ways to break than they used to.

Pat - I saw you had some quality time with Tias. So did you get in on some that unseasonably warm weather this week-end?

Hope everyone week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote