Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-19, 08:00 AM  
suzannaerin

Roku vs Chromecast

I have Roku but I can’t stream Walking Workouts Online on it. I’m considering buying the least expensive version of Chromecast just so I can use WWO. I don’t want to use a html cable with my phone or iPad because the Apple adapter that you have to use is crappy and expensive. Does anyone have and use both systems? Can anyone they’ll me about Chromecast? I love Roku so it’s a real bummer I can’t stream WWO on it.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 05:43 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Chromecast will cast it to your tv wirelessly. If I can stream via Roku, I'd rather do that. Chromecast will be my next choice.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 11:39 PM  
Fitstick

I switched to Roku after having a lot of problems with Chromecast. Chromecast was not as reliable and the videos would freeze or sometimes not play.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 05:46 AM  
Carol K

I have Chromecast for both TVs, but I use it on a laptop, not a phone or tablet. It's very reliable, but I've found that different websites work differently with Chromecast. I stream workouts from FitFusion and I was recently having problems with stuttering until I realized that the FitFusion web site has a second Chromecast icon that I have to click on. Now I am back to stutter-free workouts.
Old 10-30-19, 06:30 AM  
lizr

I have both and use both.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-19, 05:23 PM  
antbuko

I have both the Roku and Chromecast. Any program that I want to stream that does not have it's own Roku app, I cast with the Chromecast and it works perfectly. It's very useful to have both of them.
Old 10-30-19, 05:25 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I have both the Roku and Chromecast. Any program that I want to stream that does not have it's own Roku app, I cast with the Chromecast and it works perfectly. It's very useful to have both of them.
My TV has two ports so that I can keep them both connected. I think most TVs have at least two ports.
Old 10-31-19, 02:22 AM  
suzannaerin

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and got the basic version of Chromecast so I’m set. Appreciate the responses.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 09:01 PM  
horsemom2

I recently got a ROKU Express and was one of the lucky ones to get the VHX app on my tablet before it disappeared so I can mirror it on the ROKU from my tablet. I also can stream with HDMI cables.
However, I just prefer to use my laptop screen with a powered speaker most days.

(FIOS tv content does not stream well on my laptops even when not connected by hdmi cables to a TV but the ROKU streams much better)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 10:07 PM  
Carol K

I was never interested in watching TV or doing workouts with my laptop screen. I didn't begin streaming anything until I got a Chromecast stick on my sister's recommendation.

Tags
chromecast, roku