Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-19, 05:59 AM  
Lannette

Thanks Sue,

I’m honestly pretty irritated about this whole thing. My DVD is lost in the USPS. They assure me it will arrive but no indication when.

Anybody want to bet that the DVDs sold on Amazon are properly chaptered or at least cheaper? I tried to do the right thing by supporting them but I’m never preordering again.

Oh well, I guess at worst I’ll learn how to Chapter a DVD. It sounds like this one is of poor enough quality that it won’t be an issue to rip it to do so.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 04:05 PM  
bevatron

I fast forwarded thru this & made notes of the poses. There are chapter points, but they don't make sense to me, they'll take you to the middle of an exercise. I tried to keep track of times, but it kept resetting to zero. I haven't done this yet, but it looks like a nice mix. It's very disappointing that they couldn't have set this dvd up just a little better, maybe because it is from streaming? I don't understand the lack of a menu and reliable chaptering. I didn't listen to much, but the music sounded good. Take with grain of salt, I may have mixed stuff up when writing down:

Tune In – Slow Chant, no music
Sit, mudra hands, inhale/exhale chant
Stomach Grinds
Hold shins, flex spine
Inhale/Exhale squeeze tight
CHAPTER
Sit, twist, hands on shoulders
Row Boat
Extend over one leg, BoF
Down Dog to Lunge Pose, LDB
Frog Pose, BoF
CHAPTER
Sit, feet together, lean forward, LDB
Sit Legs wide, hold toes, BoF
On Hands & Knees, knee in to chest & out to leg lift
Partial Bridge, BoF
Stretch Pose
Plow Pose
CHAPTER
Bow Pose, BoF
Rest
Bow Pose again, BoF
Lie on Back, raise legs and arms up to meet
Sit, hold hands together, raise arms up & down
Kneel, raise arms & sweep down to sides
Kneel, mudra & breathing
CHAPTER
Relaxation
Meditation – kneel, mudra, BoF thru curled tongue
CHAPTER
Seated free form dance
Closing
Short standing free form dance
bevatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 04:24 PM  
laurajhawk

I feel certain that the lack of chaptering and matrix is because they first intended this release to be streaming-only, and did not invest in the DVD production work they've done in the past. I've noticed in the past (mostly with DVDs that were created from old VHS tapes!) that sometimes chapter points are dropped in every 5 minutes - it's probably a default of some DVD-creation software.

I did this new practice yesterday and liked it a lot. I probably wouldn't break this one up in any case, so I don't mind too much about no chapters/matrix, but I'm sad to think maybe they won't make their great "mix & match style" DVDs anymore.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 05:34 PM  
Lannette

Thanks for the Chapter-breaks bevatron. I can see how I could work with those chapters. Laura, you’re probably right. I hope I love it. There’s honestly nothing out there like Raviana. I was thinking that earlier this evening when we did our practice.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 10-04-19, 06:12 PM  
Lannette

My DVD is still in California 8 days after it was accepted by the USPS. I may be able to receive a copy from Amazon before this copy makes it to the East coast.

Old 10-05-19, 12:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Lannette, what a bummer about your dvd. I hope it arrives soon somehow! The good news is...... for me anyway, I did the workout this morning and really enjoyed it all the way through, so I don't think I mind that it doesn't have the matrix. I'll just know that this is one I do when I have more time. I liked the way it flowed and the variety of things -- lots of BoF. I did think it was odd how many times he said to sit and meditate and then about two seconds later when on to the next thing.
Old 10-05-19, 12:55 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lannette that is awful! Mine arrived yesterday and I'm on the east coast. The case has a minor break in it which is aggravating, could it have happened in the mail? I'm considering contacting them about it.

I previewed it and it looks like I'm going to like it. I'm so glad they went back to more traditional music. During my fast forwards I did not hear Yodeling Guitar Guy, thank goodness!

Bevatron, thank you for those breakdowns!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 01:50 PM  
Lannette

Thank you Bee. I appreciate your review and sympathy about my DVD gone missing. I hope it’s enjoying the tour of California that it’s been on.

I’m actually not all that worried about receiving it. I think my Kundalini Yoga bubble May have sprung a leak.

Old 10-06-19, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Well I really enjoyed it yesterday. The music is very nice. It feels like one that is better done all the way through.

I hope you love it Lanette, and that it helps to patch up your Kundalini bubble.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beautiful breakthroughs, raviana