Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-19, 07:55 PM  
Lannette

Raviana Matrix DVDs You Can’t Be Without?

I’ve been really enjoying the Matrix Option on my Raviana DVDs that have it. It’s so nice to be able to program a session that’s exactly the right length for the time I have available.

I’m considering purchasing the matrix version of some of my Raviana DVDs that don’t have them. I wondered if the Matrix option on the older DVDs with fewer but longer chapters would even be worth it.

On which Raviana DVDs do you most appreciate the Matrix option?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-19, 09:34 AM  
Cecelia

I don't have an answer for your question, Lannette, as I am in the same boat as you are. I bought a lot of Ravi and Ana's older DVDs before the matrix option was available. I also try to fit my Raviana practices into a limited time frame (at work during my lunch half hour). I often pick one of the routines from the Fat Free Yoga DVD (Lose Weight, Feel Great). I have enough time to do the first routine or the last one, along with a meditation, but I have to manually move through the DVD because my DVD doesn't have the matrix option. So I will watch this discussion to hear if others here have favorites among the older DVDs with the matrix option.
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-19, 01:19 PM  
Lannette

Cecelia, Lose Weight and Feel Great was actually the first DVD I repurchased with the matrix option. I found a 5 day rotation for it and really enjoyed it but wanted the ease of using the matrix to set the sessions for each day. It’s billed as being for weight loss but I just enjoyed the way it left me feeling after each session.

I started a post on my blog so I’ll have easy access to the matrix mixes I put together or others share.

Your post and mention of “Lose Weight/Feel Great” reminded me that before I got the Matrix DVDs I now own I would number the chapters in the DVD I was using to make it easier to know which chapters to skip to. I’m going to list the chapter numbers for my older mixes as I put them up.

I erroneously thought that every DVD was available with a Matrix mix but they are not. There are also a few DVDs that have so few chapters that I’m not sure the Matrix is necessary. Pat replied to me on the August KY check in thread with some interesting ideas.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 08-14-19, 02:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lanette, thank you for the link to your blog, it looks great. I've been wanting to do something like that for a long time.

Here is a thread that I tagged with a lot of Ravi and Ana DVD breakdowns. It's on my to do list to add breakdowns from the DVDs that came out after this.

Ravi and Ana DVD Breakdowns

I believe the only ones without the matrix are House Calls, Quick Fixes, Yoga Cleanse and Total Tune Up.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 07:18 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Lanette, thank you for the link to your blog, it looks great. I've been wanting to do something like that for a long time.

Here is a thread that I tagged with a lot of Ravi and Ana DVD breakdowns. It's on my to do list to add breakdowns from the DVDs that came out after this.

Ravi and Ana DVD Breakdowns

I believe the only ones without the matrix are House Calls, Quick Fixes, Yoga Cleanse and Total Tune Up.
You’re welcome Pat! The blog is actually an easy way for me to keep and also share reviews, rotations, fitness lists etc.

Thanks for your link. I put up a post that lists all the Raviana DVDs and plan on putting up all of the chapter breakdowns over time. That link will help!

Old 08-16-19, 07:03 AM  
Cecelia

Thank you, Lannette and Pat for the info on Ravi and Ana DVD breakdowns. I feel so much better when I fit kundalini yoga into my schedule but it isn't always easy. It's lovely having the breakdowns so I know what will fit in the time I have. I will continue to follow your blog posts, Lannette. I like the short set you created from the meditation DVD, and should probably invest in that Short Sets DVD. Do you both like that one? Just wanted to thank you both...there's a lot of information to digest in both your blog posts, Lannette, and the forum discussion link you provided, Pat.
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 07:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy to help Cecilia! I agree - Kundalini is so wonderful but it's hard to fit it in with everything else. That's why I'm pretty exclusive to Ravi and Ana, for the options for shorter workouts.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 09:37 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecelia View Post
Thank you, Lannette and Pat for the info on Ravi and Ana DVD breakdowns. I feel so much better when I fit kundalini yoga into my schedule but it isn't always easy. It's lovely having the breakdowns so I know what will fit in the time I have. I will continue to follow your blog posts, Lannette. I like the short set you created from the meditation DVD, and should probably invest in that Short Sets DVD. Do you both like that one? Just wanted to thank you both...there's a lot of information to digest in both your blog posts, Lannette, and the forum discussion link you provided, Pat.
Hi Cecelia,

I started adding the breakdowns to that post last night. There’s a Short Set REVIEW on my blog. It’s really short and not particularly well done. I do really like this DVD but lately have only used that Matrix mix.

I didn’t really like this DVD the first time I tried it but I really enjoy my Matrix mix, which is making me want to explore the DVD further.

Tags
raviana, raviana matrix option