Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-19, 05:25 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I don't think I would drive 9 hours round-trip for a 2-hour class, unless I had other things to do at the destination (people to visit, etc.) but I have taken a weekend workshop from Ravi and Ana, a few years ago, and it was a really good experience. I too had become somewhat disenchanted with their DVDs and their email newsletter - I found them repetitive and (the newsletters especially) fluffy - but when I met them. in person, they are such lovely human beings, and the teaching was so genuine and "from the heart", that I liked them much better (and used their DVDs somewhat more) afterward.

I haven't bought the book.
I would probably get a hotel room for the night before and consider it a solo escape mini-vacation. Thanks for sharing your experience with their workshop. I’ve heard that they are quite genuine from several people.

I just found out that there are regular (at least three weekly) 3HO Kundalini Yoga classes less than 15 minutes from my home! A local wellness center is now a Sat Nam Foundation Yoga Center. For some reason I feel quite nervous about going to 3HO classes as compared to a Raviana class.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-19, 08:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lannette, those local classes sound like a great way to try a personal experience of Kundalini.

I can't speak for Betsy, but my feeling is a lot of people got burned with their last presale. Ravi and Ana's customer service was always top notch when they were based out of NYC. When you pre-ordered, you got a pressed DVD and quickly. I think at one point they gave away some new videos to loyal customers. That last pre-sale took forever, we got DVR's when they finally arrived, and when we contacted their new CS rep he was a real jerk. He told me that a DVR lasts longer than a pressed DVD, and promised to send a replacement DVD which never arrived. Some people didn't even receive the DVR.

I've taken three workshops with them in CT and just love the two of them. Ana even recognized me from Facebook and seemed genuinely pleased to see me again. Ravi's voice and Ravi-isms in person are even sweeter, and Ana positively glows. She has an aura you can see from across the room. But - I am not happy with their new CS so I will never pre-order again.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-19, 10:01 AM  
Lannette

Thanks so much for the explanation Pat. I’ve been out of the loop since right before Anna became a blonde so I missed all that. Not because of her blonde hair that was a coincidence.

I recently ordered “Happy Hormones” from amazon and when it arrived it was DVD-R. I thought it was a bootleg but I contacted them and was told that they now use DVD-Rs. They said that it’s cost prohibitive to order the thousands of DVDs necessary for pressed DVDs and that their DVD-Rs are high quality and guaranteed for life. If it won’t play they’ll replace it.

I mention this because I imagine any new releases will be DVD-R unless they state otherwise.

This stupid but I’m nervous about that first class locally for two reasons. I don’t know if I’d be expected wear all white and picture myself doing so only to look like a goof when I arrive and others are in colors. I’m also wondering what level the class will be. I think a phone call is in order. Drop in classes are only $12.00 and 5 classes cost $50.00.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-19, 12:56 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lanette, you won't be expected to wear all white I'm sure, regular yoga clothes will work.

I can't wait to hear about it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-19, 02:12 PM  
GeekyGirl

I am another one who likes their book. I haven't done one of their DVDs in ages but I still subscribe to their newsletter. I had my eye on the book and spent some gift card funds on it a month or so ago. I think it's beautiful, and I loved reading the story of how they met. I don't know how much practical use I will get out of it, but I like having it on my shelf and know I will read from it from time to time for inspiration.
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kundalini, raviana