Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-17, 03:05 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I just re-subscribed to SBF. I had a subscription for most of 2016, and it ended around March of this year. I took a break to try other things and I am just getting back to Suzanne's workouts. I do love her workouts, and the way she does business! I also have to say, I love the combo of barre + bounce!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 03:08 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I would say YES, and if you can stream over a wired internet connection vs. a wireless that's even better.

We have Time Warner Business Class and sometimes streaming from my wireless laptop causes buffering issues. Fortunately we have a hard-wired computer in our bonus room where I work out with an oversized monitor that I can use in a pinch - assuming some other family member isn't using it. I can't remember if I had any issues with SBF in particular, but I did have issues with my Barre3 and PBL streaming at times.

It also may depend how many other members are trying to access the same video at the same time you are. Sometimes servers can't handle the demand.
I agree. It does depend on where you live, but I personally have had issues streaming anything without a higher speed, so we upgraded. Of course, wired is better.
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 03:12 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Suzanne is about the only barre instructor that I have had any interest in trying, overall barre really doesn't appeal to me but I think I would like her. I was going to try her Tighten, Tone and Torch at one point but never did. Maybe I need to look at that one again. She has a couple 10 Minute Solution pilates DVDs too.
Just thought I'd mention that Tighten, Tone and Torch is one of the only ones of hers that I don't like very much. I love most of her other ones.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 03:20 PM  
hotncmom

I asked this earlier, but could someone please tell me about the Bounce workouts on her site? Do you need the balance bar? How many of them are there and how long are they?

If it gets too cold to walk, I will definitely be looking for opportunities to use my Jumpsport more.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 04:05 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I asked this earlier, but could someone please tell me about the Bounce workouts on her site? Do you need the balance bar? How many of them are there and how long are they?

If it gets too cold to walk, I will definitely be looking for opportunities to use my Jumpsport more.
There are 14 on the site right now. The longest one is 21 minutes and range down to 5 minutes (single song). You possibly could do them without the bar if you have something nearby to hold onto if needed or maybe modify some of the moves.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 05:19 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Just thought I'd mention that Tighten, Tone and Torch is one of the only ones of hers that I don't like very much. I love most of her other ones.
Thanks! Good to know! You very likely saved me some $$$$!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-17, 05:44 PM  
Leonana

Now you had me looking up all the 'morph body types, lol. I think I'm a mesomorph. I have an hourglass shape, but due to my broad shoulders, and not a big bust. I have found that I need to do a variety, and I need to do weights also. However, I don't like to go over ten pounds. One reason I stick with Jessica Smith is because she has such a large variety.

Suzanne's subscription price isn't bad. I've tried one of her free workouts and liked it. Maybe I'll try out her subscription service, to add even more variety into the mix.
Old 09-24-17, 01:27 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I'm on a big love fest with Suzanne right now myself, mostly using the Flat Belly Barre workouts as well as her other Barre Amped, but I will look into subscribing to her site again in the future!
I love her demeanor about everything and her instructions to proper form & reminder are really awesome!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat belly barre, suzanne bowen