Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-16, 07:40 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I fear she is going to run out of names for the workouts soon!
As if they're not similar/confusing as it is already!

Northern Star, I tend to pick total body over lower body only (just my preference in all instructors' workouts), and according to my notes, I really liked Stability Ball Total Body Weights. It's 54 min. with ball and floor work at around the 30 min. mark, and core at 43 min. mark. I also noted it has killer hamstring/inner thigh work and is a lot of fun. Maybe some others will give you some good ideas for only lower body workouts.

Oh man, I'm missing my Cathe Live workouts!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-16, 08:52 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
As if they're not similar/confusing as it is already!

Northern Star, I tend to pick total body over lower body only (just my preference in all instructors' workouts), and according to my notes, I really liked Stability Ball Total Body Weights. It's 54 min. with ball and floor work at around the 30 min. mark, and core at 43 min. mark. I also noted it has killer hamstring/inner thigh work and is a lot of fun. Maybe some others will give you some good ideas for only lower body workouts.

Oh man, I'm missing my Cathe Live workouts!
I loved the Stability Ball Total Body. It's really different and I felt worked in a new way. I remember it being perfect for an early morning workout because it was tough but didn't beat me up!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 06:03 PM  
NorthernStar

I know I've done a few with the stability ball, but Total Body isn't ringing a bell. I'll give it a go for my workout tomorrow. Will also likely try the new lower body workout this weekend.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-16, 06:08 PM  
isebelleg44

I did her latest Hooked on Legs yesterday and enjoyed it. Not killer, but worked me enough!

I also revisited her Upper Body Sculpt today from two years ago! A very solid upper body workout. I can't believe it's been over two years since Cathe Live started!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-16, 08:19 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
Labnick just updated the Cathe Live .pdf list

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/updat...8-2016.304449/
I am not able to view the list. I get an error message. Is anyone else having that problem?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-16, 06:16 AM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I am not able to view the list. I get an error message. Is anyone else having that problem?
No problems here
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-16, 06:35 AM  
muggle

Try logging out , then log back in. Sometimes if I haven't logged in for a bit, it won't show any workouts.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 08:35 PM  
isebelleg44

Thanks FrostyJan for the STS Total Body Compound Exercise add on idea! I did Total Body Giant Sets again and added on the Chest & Back Compound Exercises. Now I want to actually do the entire premix, since I have never done it!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 01:31 PM  
wendy2

I just did Smokin' Upper Body Blast (7/26/16). It was a sweat fest! This workout alternates cardio blasts with upper body work. The cardio is mostly high impact floor stuff (apple pickers, air squats, that kind of stuff), but I modified the heck out of it by using a step and doing more knee- and back-friendly moves. The speed of the music is not supersonic, and I never felt like I was going to die--but I felt well worked and ready for the upper body segments after each blast.

I was quite distracted by the girl to Cathe's right (our left). She looked like she was pushing herself too hard the whole time, and she actually started to look pale and like she might pass out or throw up. She left early, and I was worried about her! I can't remember if the orange weights Cathe's gym has are 10 or 12 pounds, but that's what everyone was using and I thought 8 was a better selection (for me and my cardio capacity, anyway!) I hope she's okay, and if it was that she was pushing too hard, that she'll take it down a notch! Hopefully Cathe makes it very clear to everyone that there's no competition on these trips. Okay--I went off on a tanget--it was just really distracting to me!
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 02:51 PM  
horusosiris

I also did 'Smokin' Upper Body with Blast' this morning. It was a 53 minute sweatfest of alternating upper body strength moves with cardio blasts. I previewed it last night and did not think that I would like it, as it seemed "more of the same." When I did the workout today I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. I would classify this workout more as a metabolic workout than a true strength workout as only 10 lb dumbbells are utilized throughout (except for one lat row segment in which Cathe doubled the ten pound db to make 20 pounds). For some of the segments I use heavier than 10lb dumbbells. I did the blast as is although most of the cardio segments are high impact. For one of the high impact segments I subbed KB swings. The shoulder band segments were "killers" for me. I felt that all of the upper body muscles were adequately worked. Al (from some of Cathe's DVD workouts) was in this class. All in all, I liked this workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung