Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-16, 10:14 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
A local pool had banned little kids from the big pool for just that reason. Then there was a floater in the big pool anyway. Little kids were allowed back in the next year.
I'm not sure if little kids were ever banned from the big pool here or not, but there is a huge separate section for little kids so I don't understand why parents bring them to the big pool where they can easily get splashed or injured by the older kids who are always roughhousing and don't look before they jump. The pool here opens at 10am and that's when I go and I leave at noon when the kids start showing up. There is a separate area for adults, but it's so small that you can only fit about 5 people in it. Oh well...
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 12:55 PM  
kariev34

5 month pregnant here and just went to the waterpark last weekend. No issues what so ever. Enjoy
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 06:02 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I'm not sure if little kids were ever banned from the big pool here or not, but there is a huge separate section for little kids so I don't understand why parents bring them to the big pool where they can easily get splashed or injured by the older kids who are always roughhousing
As a single mom to a young one, actually being around other adults would have been a luxury (never mind having a conversation!). We didn't care if we were splashed and always stayed in the shallow end.
Old 06-27-16, 07:22 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I've never been to a waterpark, but the ickiness would likely deter me. I would never, ever go in a public hot tub either.

Regardless of the water itself, I'm not drawn to places with lots of people and screaming children.

This from someone who literally grew up in a lake.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-16, 12:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Yes, for me the ick factor of all the people and the dubious water quality would keep me away, regardless of whether or not I was pregnant. So it would be a big "no" from me. And that from someone who loves the ocean!

I don't know that this thread helped the OP since there are so many varied opinions!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote