Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-16, 08:17 PM  
kariev34

17 weeks pregnant

Hi everyone. I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant . I've managed to keep up with cathe, KCM, and SSOD workouts but I'm starting to feel like I need to ease up a bit. I was thinking of doing Leah's ballet body downloads. Has anyone down her workouts pregnant? Thoughts?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:03 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I haven't done those but I just wanted to say congrats! I could never have done those workouts when I was pregnant! Good for you! I still have the prenatal yoga dvds in shrink wrap from my youngest, and he's in middle school now...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:51 PM  
bfit

This isn't really an answer to your question, but for what it's worth, I don't think you have to do specially designed pre-natal workouts when you're pregnant. Doing lower impact, lighter weights, shorter workouts, and just generally easier workouts works for a lot of people. I had a friend who taught step aerobics to within two weeks of her due date; she did only low impact and took the step down in height, but that was the only modification.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 03:57 AM  
bubbles76

I don't know if it was ballet body, but there was a VFer who did barre while pregnant. She is an ex-Marine and used to do really hardcore workouts. After barre, she never looked back. She said they were the best workout for her body, and were surprisingly tough while being gentle on her body. If I can find her posts about it, I will post the links here. Hopefully she will chime in.

ETA: As I thought, it was neatski Do a search on her name and you'll find her talking about barre3 and pregnancy.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-16, 10:52 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Leah has a great prenatal workout DVD and she is one of the few instructors out there who is certified for prenatal/postnatal training. I like Lauren Brooks prenatal dvd and Ballet Beautiful as well. Fusion Fitness has a prenatal workout that is great pregnant or not. Jessie Mundell is considered the go to gal for prenatal and even more so postnatal recovery and is one of the few with substantial info for coming back after c-sections. Prenatal workouts aren't necessary but for my last pregnancy(my4th) I focused on them to kinda help keep my gung ho-ness about training at bay and really nurture my body. I did do a bunch of Tonique, primarily the Hawaii series and that was great during my pregnancy as well because it allowed me to keep my cardio conditioning up without jarring my body. OH and the Eccentrics prenatal is great too!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c-section, pregnancy, pregnancy workouts, pregnant, prenatal