Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-13, 08:41 PM  
isebelleg44

I did Fusion Mix for the 2nd time today and man it is so hard! There is some moves that I cannot do and that non-modifier is of no use to me. I had to stop so many times to get my bearings, but I trucked along and did my best.

This is by far for me, the toughest of the bunch!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-13, 12:04 AM  
koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I did Fusion Mix for the 2nd time today and man it is so hard! There is some moves that I cannot do and that non-modifier is of no use to me. I had to stop so many times to get my bearings, but I trucked along and did my best.

This is by far for me, the toughest of the bunch!
I did this one today as well. It's a toughie and right off the bat I was sweating like crazy. By the end, my hair was damp like I had just gotten out of the shower. I really like it though. Lots of room for improvements and building my strength and endurance.

I just wish the modifier was actually modifier. I could have really used it. lol
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-13, 07:19 AM  
Starbrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
I did this one today as well. It's a toughie and right off the bat I was sweating like crazy. By the end, my hair was damp like I had just gotten out of the shower. I really like it though. Lots of room for improvements and building my strength and endurance.

I just wish the modifier was actually modifier. I could have really used it. lol
OMG I am so glad I'm not the only one! This is the toughest dvd I've done in a very long time. I was burning, shaking, sweating, quivering, gasping, and collapsing. Not to mention staring in disbelief at the screen. I was definitely not expecting it to be THAT hard. It's ALL hard, all 60 minutes.

Tabata and Toning, while really tough and getting my heart racing, went a little quicker perhaps. Good stretch at the end, although I noticed at that point the instructor uses "that leg/arm/hand" at least twice in every sentence. Maybe she'd been telling us to "lift that leg" all throughout the workout and I was just too tired/preoccupied to notice before!

And the call of the roads is upon me, a desire in my spirit has grown
To wander forth in the highways, ‘twixt earth and sky alone,
And seek for the lands no foot has trod and the seas no sail has known

-C.S. Lewis, "The Roads"
Starbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 04:32 PM  
ncl

I have done Bikini Bootcamp, Barre (though that was awhile ago) and Fusion now. I have done Fusion twice (the 45 minute one). I am afraid of the others so far! I didn't think Bikini Bootcamp or Barre as challenging, but Fusion kicked my tail! That inner thigh work was a killer and I definitely couldn't do it all. So I haven't done Tabata, Fusion Mix or the original yet. Here's what I think so far.

These feel different to me than other workouts and mostly I am enjoying doing something new. I like that the workouts are challenging, that I'll definitely have to grow into them. I am enjoying the different moves that they do...fun for me. I feel really good after these (especially Fusion). I am loving them just for those reasons alone. I also like the modifier (or non modifier). I am having to modify some of the jumping moves...I can do some, but not all, so that it a big relief and it's still tough doing these with the modifier...I so appreciate that! A lot of lower impact workouts simply are not challenging enough to satisfy me.

The pace is frantic but I go at my own pace though i still try to move fast, i don't feel pressured to keep up as that sounds like a recipe for injury. Also, they don't really use music. There is background music but they are not using it or doing things to the beat. That's not my favorite especially in the kickboxing one, where I think rhythm is more important. That said, I'm really enjoying theses so far. Perhaps one day soon I'll have the guts to try the 3 I haven't done. And I'll definitely order their new set when available even at full price.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 08:46 AM  
PhyllisG

I originally purchased the DB set and returned it. Recently I traded for the 2 Fusion DVDs and tried Darby's this morning. OK it was tough but doable with modifications and I did like it. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this one. I still think it is too fast and would have benefited from slowing down a bit as the exercises themselves are great. Also I would have liked a more relaxed stretch at the end. Even the stretch seemed rushed. I felt this workout but at the end I was energized and not exhausted. Probably do it again just for the feeling great when I finished! Glad I gave it a second try.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 02:00 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

I've done bikini bootcamp and fusion (with one that isn't with Darby). I loved both but now understand what everyone was saying about the pace! I can't believe it's even possible to move that quickly but I can see them doing it on tv so I guess it is. I just went at my own pace and took a few breaks. I've never had DOMS in my torso like I've had the past two days! Looking forward to trying the others but a bit nervous.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 10:07 AM  
Missiscipi

I have been doing Dreambody series this past week and today was Fusion Mix. I had to pause and rewind to keep up but wow. Probably one of the hardest workouts I have ever done including Horizontal Conditioning.
I rarely get DOMS and usually they aren't bad. I can barely walk today LOL. My legs (inner thighs, quads and butt) are extremely sore. Abs are crazy sore. Arms slightly sore. I haven't had DOMS like this since starting working out in 2011.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 01:42 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
I have been doing Dreambody series this past week and today was Fusion Mix. I had to pause and rewind to keep up but wow. Probably one of the hardest workouts I have ever done including Horizontal Conditioning.
I rarely get DOMS and usually they aren't bad. I can barely walk today LOL. My legs (inner thighs, quads and butt) are extremely sore. Abs are crazy sore. Arms slightly sore. I haven't had DOMS like this since starting working out in 2011.
Good job Rozy. I've been doing both sets now for a month and they never get easier. These. Are definitely some of the toughest workouts in my collection! Enjoy your doms!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 06:23 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
This is a beast of a workout! I should revisit it soon.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 10:30 PM  
violingal3

Ha ha ha, love it! Welcome to DB, Rozy!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua