Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-13, 09:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Two options:

From the George Foreman series, Walk & Box.

From Leslie Sansone, Walk & Kick.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 09:29 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa C View Post
I think Les Mill's Combat might be a good choice. It is a set that includes 5 (I think) kickboxing workouts (plus 2 hiit workouts.)

The workouts can become more intense as you get to know them, but they are very controlled. There is a modifier in all the workouts, so you can skip any impact.

Plus the music is great (if you turn on the music louder option). All real songs and a lot of fun.
I was thinking Combat might be a good choice. I wouldn't suggest starting with the rotation as written, but you could start with the tutorials and the 30-minute (not live) workout, do those until you're comfortable, then add in the 45-minute workout (and the 30-minute live workout if you get it, I think it comes free when you order from a coach, e.g. totalfitnessdvds.net), and so forth. Good form, not too fast, but very fun.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 06:04 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
Caribbean Workout Kickboxing might fit the bill--it's four 20-minute programs from the TV series. I'll pop this one in if I feel the need to limber up but not work out too hard. You'll have to get it used, but Amazon Marketplace has it for $3.00.

Do you have the original Tae-Bo/Basic? That one moves at a nice, controlled pace, but it's probably a better workout than the Caribbean ones. (DH used it as a beginning exerciser.) I think it's only on VHS, though.
I would recommend these also. I think there was a time that the original Tae Bos were available on DVD but it's out of print now and really expensive.

Another Tae Bo I like is the Get Ripped Basic DVD, it is too out of print but you can still find at Amazon used, for a decent price right now actually. Tae Bo Cardio is another one that isn't too tough, I personally like Get Ripped better though.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 08:08 AM  
laurajhawk

Among the Tae Bos, Tae Bo Flex and Flex Express are slower and more controlled.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 08:32 AM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
How about Kathy Smith's Cardio Knockout, which has both kickboxing and boxing? Amazon sells used copies cheaply but here's a clip: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...-knockout-7714
Oh my gosh this just brought back so many memories! I used to do this dvd EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. when it first came out. I had completely forgotten about it until just now!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, kickbox