Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-20, 12:51 PM  
Leonana

I'm still working out with Jessica Smith, as usual. I tried to find some other instructors, but am not clicking with anyone. I've been doing mostly you tube lately, so I think I'm going to do my dvd's, and try workouts I haven't done in awhile. Of course, they are all Jessica, lol.

I am enjoying my stationary bike. I rode it last night while watching a show on Netflix. It gives me some extra movement in my day, but nothing too strenuous, and doesn't bother my PF.

Katie, no I didn't take the Census job. It's a long story, it just didn't work out for various reasons. If you want to know, I posted about it in the Jessica Smith thread about a month ago. My dh didn't want me to do it anyway, I would have been going to houses by myself.

MT, I'm glad things are going well for you with the kids and the weather. Our weather has cooled off too, which is a real relief.

Vannie, sending hugs to you. I hope your dad has a safe trip.
Old 09-24-20, 07:28 PM  
Vantreesta

So apparently they weren't able to open my CC info and order form or never saw my email about the elliptical adapter. I had done it in the 4th and finally emailed on the 13th to follow up. The reply said I had to call nonwarranty service and gave the number. Grrr. I was sincerely aggravated. Anyway I called I think last Friday and supposedly it was for real ordered and he said 5-7 days for delivery. I'm hoping it comes tmrw if it's not in my mailbox now.

We have been hot (for MN in Sept) this week and I couldn't make myself run. I haven't run since 8/20 and am feeling pretty frustrated with myself.

I decided to go with the CLX/TurboFire rotation but ask me again next week! I feel like I'm still floundering around trying to wrangle myself into line. Monday after Dad left I did TF Stretch 40 and day 1 of Lee Holden's 30-Day Qi Gong challenge. Tuesday I put up a lot of my outdoor Halloween stuff after spending an hour trimming bushes, no formal workouts. Yesterday I did days 27 and 28 of the DoYouYoga 30 Days of Yoga challenge, CLX Ab Burner and day 2 of Qi Gong and ran errands in the afternoon. Today I did DYY day 29, Qi Gong day 3, CLX Burn Circuit 1 and CLX Recharge. I have missed several planned workouts. Sigh. Tmrw I'm not sure what I'll get done bc I have a Zoom mtg at 11 and then am going shopping.

It was really nice having Dad here. I miss him. We didn't do a lot, mostly binge watched 3 seasons of Longmire, but we did load up Cyric and go to the wolf center and a state park with glacial potholes one day, which was fun. He drove straight through and made it home safely, thanks!

Katie, yep our leaves are changing. I love it! We hiked Sat and Sun of Labor Day wknd. That was the first time since Oct or Nov!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:45 PM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=229497

Just posted the October thread.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 08:33 PM  
MathTeacher

Our leaves are changing slowly. It has been cool in the mornings. It is so exciting.

In case I haven't told you, I am working my can off. I have two computers open on my desk all the time. A lot of the area schools have gone to four days with kids and a virtual day on Fridays. I hope our board adopts something like that.

I am still doing Pilates by Lisa. I like it a lot. MY wonky hip really likes it.
Old 09-25-20, 10:00 AM  
Leonana

I've been using my stationary bike quite a bit. It's helping the PF in my right foot, and the old PF in my left foot. I've done two older Jessica dvd's, and will try another one today. I think Better Body Blast Upper Body is on the agenda, but with LI modifications.

I did a Ask Dr. Jo 5 minute lower back stretch which helped my lower back and glutes. It feels pretty good today.

MT, it's cooling down here, and I am loving it. It's in the 70's in the morning, and having cooler mornings is so much nicer. I hope they open your school. I've read that transmission is low for elementary schools, it's the colleges that have a problem. However, I've read that the colleges can get a handle on it if they test enough. Assuming what I read was correct, lol.

Vannie, I'm glad your dad got home okay. I thought of you the last time I was in Goodwill, when I looked at the Halloween decorations and saw pieces for a village.

Katie, I hope you are enjoying the slower pace and getting your walks in.
Old 09-25-20, 11:10 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, re: the Census Job...I would not have felt comfortable going to houses by myself either.

Sherry and MT, glad you are both enjoying cooler days after a long, hot summer. Vannie, I'll bet your fall colors are pretty. We could really use some rain. Sadly, our ash trees are pretty much done already with their fall colors probably because it's so dry this year.

MT, the 4 days plus a virtual on Friday sounds like a nice schedule. I have a nephew in TX and they started back to school(in class) a few weeks ago. So far it's working out well.

Vannie, glad you and your dad(and Cyric!) got to spend time together and that he made it home okay. I would love it if they had Longmire reruns on TV sometime. Glad you've gotten some good hikes in recently. The best time of year!

I've been getting one or two decent walks in a day. I've been increasing my distance a little on some days. I'm really glad I kept the pedometer and keep recording. Seeing the progress is encouraging. I've found a new youtube channel called Muscles and Motion that is interesting. Short(my favorite kind) tutorials on the muscles, function and helpful hints. It's helped me up my game with my weak core/glutes and working them together.

Thanks for starting the October thread Vannie!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 10:07 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I've made some nice progress on my fitness journey this month. Yesterday I was going through one of my fitness books on the kinetic chain and came across a Beginners Side Bridge/plank(on forearm/knees bent). I had checked myself out on a side plank with legs straight(still on forearm) earlier this week and didn't do very well but with the beginner version, I was able to do it! I don't think I could've done that even a month or two ago! Yay! I'm not in to doing many reps yet but I think I can move in that direction now.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 10:05 PM  
Leonana

Katie, we're going through a drought here too, and could use some rain. Great job on the plank, I'm sure that's encouraging.

I did an older Jessica Smith You Tube video, Two in One Toning. I had to modify quite a bit, but at least I did most of it!