Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-20, 04:52 PM  
gigi

I think I have found my trainer and my program. Loved day 1. I used 12's for Lower Body Burn and took some extra breaks. I have a head cold. I'm super excited. This may be the first BB instructor that does not end up driving me nuts. This could easily be made more advanced by using heavier weights. I enjoyed the cast, the music, the exercises....really everything about it. This is just what I needed to get out of my slump.
Old 08-25-20, 09:54 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Yay horusosiris, I'm so happy you enjoyed Full Body Burn! I think it was a very well balanced workout.

Angela, I'm glad you took a chance and made the right choice for you. I think this is going to be a favorite BOD program for me that I will come back to often. It's easier to commit to 21 days at a time versus the more time consuming programs. I find I start missing my Cathe Live and other workouts if I do programs that are longer than 21 Days.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 09:56 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 6: Power Ignite - Time: 28 Minutes

Three Blocks - each exercise is done for a rep count or for 40 seconds (whichever you finish).

Equipment needed: Weights (medium, light), BOD Ropes (fake jump rope), Mat (optional).

Thoughts: This workout is blocks of 5 – 10 minutes of Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM). This was tougher than the cardio workouts! I enjoyed this one but it was tough! Block 1 really got my heartrate up, I did the first round with 15 lb. dumbbells but had to drop down to 12 lbs. for the other four rounds.

Block 1 – 5 minutes:
Dumbbell Swings – Medium Weight (25 reps or stop at 40 seconds)
Rest for 20 seconds
Repeat 5 times

Block 2 – 5 minutes:
Inchworm into Release Push Up (8 reps or stop at 40 seconds)
Rest for 20 seconds
Repeat 5 times

Block 3 –10 minutes / alternate exercises (one light dumbbell):
Sledge Hammer (10 reps each side or stop at 40 seconds)
Mountain Climbers (20 reps on each leg or stop at 40 seconds)
Repeat 5 times

Day 7: Dynamic Recovery - Time: 25 Minutes

Equipment needed: Mat (optional).

Thoughts: This workout is about half standing and half on the floor. The stretches are all athletic and Megan will work them into a “flow” where you do a couple of them consecutively so the movement flows. I really enjoyed this one especially the shoulder stretches which felt great on my shoulder! I also did this one after Power Ignite and felt it was better when I was already warmed up.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-25-20, 09:58 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Muscle Burns Fat - Week 2

Day 8: Lower Body Burn - Time: 38 Minutes

Four Blocks - each exercise is done for 8-16 reps and there are two or three rounds.

Equipment needed: Weights (heavy, medium, light), BOD Ropes (fake jump rope), Mat (optional). Megan had 20 lbs., 15 lbs., and 10 lbs. dumbbells.

Thoughts: I matched Megan in the weights and felt pretty worked out at the end. Lower body is my favorite of the program. You get a lot done is a short amount of time. I followed the modifier Lacee who didn’t jump with the BOD ropes.

Block 1 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell held at shoulder height) reps are repeated on left/right:
Squats (12 reps)
Curtsy Lunge (8 reps)
Combo: Two squats/one Curtsy lunge (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 2 – (two dumbbells):
Dumbbell Bridge (24 or 20 reps)
Alternating Thigh Lift on the Floor with hands on Dumbbells (12 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 3 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell):
Slow Side Lunge (8 reps)
Slow Kickstand Romanian Dead Lift (8 reps)
Combo: One side lunge/one Kickstand Romanian Dead Lift (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 4 – (one dumbbell):
Deadlift with knees slightly bent holding dumbbell at the top – (12 reps)
Sumo Squats holding dumbbell at the top – (12 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Day 9: Core Cardio - Time: 34 Minutes

Three Blocks of Cardio alternated with ab blocks - each cardio exercise is done for 30 seconds and ab exercises are about 12 reps.

Equipment needed: BOD ropes and either a paper or small white board for AMRAP and tally.

Thoughts: I liked this workout because it moved fast and it didn’t seem like too much TIFTing even though only one move changed in the ab blocks. ETA: The AMRAP was the same as Day 2. I bought a $2 white board at Walmart that has magnets on the back (so I can store it on the electrical panel door). I was having a hard time remembering the AMRAP moves last week!

Cardio Block 1:
In and Out with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Skier Jumps with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Repeat 3 times

Ab Block 1:
Flutter Kicks (30 seconds)
Right Side Plank Knee to Elbow (12 reps)
Plank Jacks (30 seconds)
Left Side Plank Knee to Elbow (12 reps)
Repeat 2 times

Cardio Block 2:
Single Leg Hop with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Wide Out Punch with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Repeat 3 times

Ab Block 2:
Hollow Body Hold (30 seconds)
Right Side Plank Knee to Elbow (12 reps)
Plank Jacks (30 seconds)
Left Side Plank Knee to Elbow (12 reps)
Repeat 2 times

Cardio Block 3:
Ali Shuffle with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Double Cross Jump with BOD ropes (30 seconds)
Repeat 3 times

Ab Block 3:
Hollow Body Hold (30 seconds)
Right Side Plank to Needle (12 reps)
Plank Jacks (30 seconds)
Left Side Plank to Needle (12 reps)
Repeat 2 times

As Many Rounds as Possible (AMRAP) for 4 minutes:
Skier Jumps with BOD ropes (4)
Wide Out Punch with BOD ropes (4)
Double Cross Jump with BOD ropes(4)
Jump Rope (20)
Add Round to Tally
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-25-20, 04:39 PM  
gigi

I've done the the first 3 days of week 1. Today was my first time with the fake jump rope. I have a lot of work to do on my wrist rotations. I've always struggled to jump rope properly which is why I could never do double unders when I did Crossfit. Today was Week 1, Day 3: Upper Body Burn. It really did burn.

What I'm loving so far about MBF is I work harder knowing I've only got 30 to 40 minutes to workout. I'm motivated to get home, change, and get the workout done. I really love everything about it so far. My new shoes came which made a huge difference as well.

Thanks again Kathy for all the info. This was worth the money to get me out of my funk.
Old 08-26-20, 03:51 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Angela, that's great! Yeah, the fake jump rope takes some adjustment for me too. I agree, the length is perfect for this type of program. New shoes make all the difference! No problem! I'm really enjoying it too. Have you previewed any of the MBFA workouts yet? They look tougher but still do-able.

Day 10: Upper Body Burn - Time: 35 Minutes

Four Blocks - each exercise is done for 6-16 reps and there are two or three rounds.

Equipment needed: Weights (heavy, medium, light), BOD Ropes (fake jump rope), Mat (optional). Megan had 17.5 lbs., 15 lbs., and 10 lbs. dumbbells.

Thoughts: I had to go lower in weights than Megan for Blocks 1 – 3. She used 15 – 17.5 lbs. for some of exercises but I used 12 lbs. because I’m still protecting my shoulder. Block 2 was something new. She had you lay on the floor and “roll” the dumbbells to your shoulders which emphasized triceps. Block 3 – I used 10 lbs. for the rows and 8 lbs for the shoulder raises. I followed the modifier Lacee who didn’t jump with the BOD ropes.

Block 1 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell) reps are repeated on left/right:Chest Press (16 reps)
Rotated Chest Press with four counts down (8 reps)
Combo: Two Chest Presses and one Rotated Chest Press (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 2 – (two dumbbells):
Laying Tricep Rolls (8 reps)
Pullover (8 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 3 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell):
Bent Over Single Row - Stand (8 reps)
Front Raise into Side Raise (8 reps)
Combo: One Bent Over Row and One Front Raise into Side Raise (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 4 – (two dumbbells):
Zotman Curl (double arm bicep curl up into inverted curl down) – (6 reps)
Renegade Row – (12 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-27-20, 05:31 AM  
pharma_gal

When will this program be available in the regular library meaning you won’t have to pay for early access? I will subscribe to BOD next year in Jan I am interested in this program as well as Autumns new Control Freak. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 08:38 AM  
laurajhawk

I googled it last week and it will be available in the library in late December.

I tried the MBF sample workout last week and I liked it, but didn't love it. It was more light weight/high rep than I expected. I will say my quads and inner thighs were sore for two days after, so I figure it's effective! But I was wanting heavier weights so I've gone back to my beloved LIIFT4. I will probably try MBF in January.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 08:54 AM  
gigi

Kathy, I have previewed some of the MBFA workouts. Unfortunately, I have not been feeling well. I was tested for COVID yesterday and await results. I'm hoping just a bad head cold but I've had chills and sweats and aches along with being stuffed up. I have been exposed at work. I should have results by this afternoon. So, once I feel better I'm going to start over with the program since I only got 3 workouts in....
Old 08-27-20, 11:21 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh Kathy!! You're doing it to me again!!
First I got hooked on 80 Day Obsession, now I want to try out MBF and MBFA for sure! Sounds fantastic!!

I'm not sure if I'll buy early access but I'm going to follow this thread very closely. Because my Kathy is my favorite enabler.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody, bod, mbfa, megan davies, muscle burns fat, muscle burns fat advanced