Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-20, 05:31 PM  
YogaGal

Taking a break from grading to check in.

Welcome to my Kundalini Check-in Friend, Pat! And Hello Waves to returning members Pam and Karen Jo!

Paine: I am picky about the pumpkin craze. I do NOT like pumpkin coffee, but I DO like pumpkin butter and body butter from TJs. I’ve glanced at a few PahlaB workouts on her channel, and while the workouts for older gals look good, I don’t think I could handle the constant talking. But you have me interested in Rodney Yee’s Ultimate Power Yoga and I added it to my Wish List.

Sandra: Glad that your sky color has showed improvement. I hope that your air quality stays good enough for you to do more outdoor walks. I agree that libraries could follow rules of grocery stores and other businesses to be open for patrons. Indoor bars and restaurants should be closed; we still only do takeout. You can wear a mask in a library, but not while you are eating or drinking. I’ve also thought that health practices to avoid covid will result in less flu.

Beth: Congrats on a successful in-person yoga class! "Hikyoga" sounds like a great combo. OMG, yes I remember that old song about friends. Love the name (VIP) and settings you have picked out for your yoga channel. And love your picture for Yoga 170. I was thinking that some of those Sarah Beth practices would be good for you as a transition after work.

cyana: Breathing breaks sound good for busy weeks. And a 10-minute workout is better than nothing! You are putting in longer days than I am; I hope you get a break soon. It’s hard to keep working so hard for so long without burning out.

Pam: Welcome back to our Check-in! Congrats on finishing my level 3 instructor certification for Essentrics! Good luck moving into level 4.

Garrie: I’m not a fan I’d drag racing either. A long time ago when we lived in New Mexico an old college friend of DH’s came to visit us and he loved races. So we went took him to one while he was there. I was so bored and ready to leave as soon as we could. Dumbbells are my preference over bands as well, but I don’t mind them for an occasional change of pace. I have bands and also tubing with handles. Glad your rush at the bookstore has subsided.

Anny: I hope your brother’s rehab progresses successfully. Sending you some healing thoughts as well. You are doing well with your yoga and walking; I hope to do some outdoor walking soon since we are starting to cool down a bit in the mornings even if our daytime highs are still around 100. I know you understand about staying busy marking! Berrima looks wonderful; glad you were able to get away.
Old 09-28-20, 05:32 PM  
YogaGal

My exercise this past week (Yes, it was a Jessica week ):

Monday: Jessica Smith’s Boost Metabolism + Muscle, Upper Focus

Tuesday: Jessica Smith’s Latin Dance Walk from her Dance Walk dvd

Wednesday: Jessica Smith’s Boost Metabolism + Muscle, Upper Focus

Thursday: Jessica Smith’s Strength & Balance dvd, Fusion Walk and RaviAna’s Dance the Chakras, Yoga Set 1

Friday: Jessica Smith’s WS3 dvd, 15-minute Total Body Training and RaviAna’s Dance the Chakras, Yoga Set 2

No workout on Saturday or Sunday. Just lazy.
Old 09-28-20, 07:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I think I was the one to mention that practice - it's a nice one.

Anny, Berrima looks so pretty! I am imagining it in the fall but of course you are having spring now.

Carolyn, you have definitely been busy! I will take pumpkin almost anything (except for some of the bizarre things, like pumpkin hummus ). I think the Sarah Beth routines would be nice any time; problem is that since my home office/workout room is a shared space, it's hard for me to transition unless I go somewhere else.

Hope it's been a good start to everyone's week!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 07:39 AM  
cyana

Post and run from the dull and boring all work and no play girl.

Monday: I enjoyed the Team Body Project work-out posted to YT 9.23.2020 so much that I did it again.

Tuesday: Team Body Project 1 hour weights/cardio work-out posted to YT 8.25.2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZYw0SBqjqI I suspect I will be one sore pup tomorrow! You could break this one out by legs, upper body or cardio if you wanted to do a shorter work-out. I followed that with a 15 minute stretch on my own while listening to Leonid & Friends. They always make me smile.

Time for coffee and back to the desk.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 09:46 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 804

CS 804 is still a favorite. My motivation to workout is still rotten but at least I got a CS episode today.

Anny, how great that you went to Berrima. I bet it was nice to unwind there.

Carolyn, do you usually workout in the morning or after work?
I bought pumpkin coffee from Trader Joe's and both my husband and I didn't like it!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 09:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I usually blend flavored coffees with regular. I bought a chocolate cherry flavor (Wegmans), and found that it was good when I use 1-2 TB of that one with 6-7 of regular. Getting a CS episode in when motivation is low is great!

cyana, I will have to try that workout again too. What did you think of the longer workout?

I forget to mention that I got KCM's Sculpting Rx from the library and did Workout #2 (weighted cardio) yesterday. I liked the standing portion but was disappointed that this was only about 20 minutes cardio and the rest floor. I was looking for cardio, plus I don't really like Kelly's abs work.

Happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-29-20, 10:12 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, when you try it, let us know what you think about Kelly's Workout 1 on her Sculpting RX.
That's a good idea to blend coffees to avoid waste.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 03:57 PM  
Anny

Carolyn looks like you enjoyed your week of Jessica!

Pam good luck with Level 4 of the Essentrics training.

Sandra I meant to say awhile back that Grace and Gusto is also one of the Ellen Barrett workouts I enjoy. Have you thought about a theme for October?

Paine I haven’t tried pumpkin spice coffee. Flavoured coffees aren’t really a big thing here, though I believe there are some available at Starbucks stores.

Beth that’s a really nice photo of you on the yoga website. I also enjoyed reading about the other instructors and seeing the variety offered at the studio.
cyana I’m with you in that sometimes (often?) it’s just easier for me to do a YouTube workout.

For my workout time yesterday I did Day 1 of YWA’s True 30 day program . I did True in 2018 and am thinking of doing it again as I remember particularly liking some of the practices.
Old 09-29-20, 07:32 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout yesterday as Life got in the way.

Today's Workout: Fusion Strength from Jessica Smith's Feel Good Fusion DVD. This workout runs 48 minutes, which is a lot longer than most of the Jessica workouts I do, but if I omit the standing ab work at the end it is a more appealing 36 minutes. Except for the length I do enjoy this one, although Jessica is solo here and I like her best when she is with Debbie and Beth.

Sacramento County moved from Purple to Red status today, which means some loosening of the Covid restrictions -- for example, restaurants can begin offering indoor dining at 25% capacity. Local government is urging people to keep complying with Covid precautions so we can keep improving our stats and we can turn Orange by Halloween LOL!

Anny: I'm running out of time to think of an October theme! Actually I'm considering a few ideas which will be revealed soon.

Paine: I remember CS 804 as one of my favorites as well!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I was kind of "meh" about it. It was okay, but too much equipment, too much up and down for me. I like blending coffees b/c then you can fine-tune the taste.

Anny, thank you! I think one of the most attractive things about the studio (besides the gorgeous location) is that the owner has really tried to assemble teachers who have a diversity of things to offer.

I'll be in the office both tomorrow & Thursday this week--tomorrow because I'm teaching yoga on campus (weather pending).

ETA: We cross-posted, Sandra! I thought moving to red was worse when I first glanced at your post; I like the idea of orange for Halloween though.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
yoga headstand bench