Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-20, 03:04 PM  
alisoncooks

I'd not seen this channel before now -- and I probably would have skipped her because I would've assumed she was too advanced for my level. But her lower band work looks great - and so does the upper body! I'll be adding her to my playlist!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 07:04 PM  
alisoncooks

I did one of the loop workouts this morning. It was great! All standing, which is just what I wanted.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 05:42 PM  
dianestjohn

Thanks for sharing this. Her beginning workouts look kinda challenging to me! But all of her workouts look polished and professional, I will definitely try a few!
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 10:06 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I am doing the EPIC challenge. She worked you hard. I'm glad to see her struggling too... of course, she used higher weights.

I'm a week behind. I did the beginner for today because I'm short on time. I like her workouts!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 10:25 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

She is great! Thanks for the info on her channel. So far I've tried her "30 Minute Full Body Dumbbell Workout" and "20 Minute Dumbbell Leg Workout" with Step Ups, Lunges, Squats.

It was surprisingly easy to follow along with just her demos/cues before each move. I like that they're timed and she's using heavy weights so the tempo is slower. I've been using her shorter workouts as add-ons to other programs.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 11:06 AM  
jackie7

And I love that it is easy to modify!
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 05:29 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
She is great! Thanks for the info on her channel. So far I've tried her "30 Minute Full Body Dumbbell Workout" and "20 Minute Dumbbell Leg Workout" with Step Ups, Lunges, Squats.

It was surprisingly easy to follow along with just her demos/cues before each move. I like that they're timed and she's using heavy weights so the tempo is slower. I've been using her shorter workouts as add-ons to other programs.
The 30 minute total body is one of my favorites. I need to do that one again.

I prefer the no repeat workouts, there are some that have some repeats that I don't mind though. I would like to try her 45 minute leg workout, not the Epic one but one from a few months ago. There are some where the same move is repeated after each exercise, such as lunges, that gets to be a lot for me, though the sets are short.

Today's workout is no repeat but there are tough looking moves in there.

The nice thing about her channel is there is something for everyone, she has such a huge variety so if the Epic ones aren't your thing, there is definitely something else.

I still want to try her Stability Ball and Kettlebell style workouts. I really like her lower body floor work ones and the ones that use the booty band.

I am glad to see that her channel is getting noticed here though, it's really good.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 10:36 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Great find! I'm having the biggest struggle with motivation lately but the beginner version of the Epic program looks fun and it's only a week. Her videos look so polished and organized, and two things I really appreciate: she didn't require an email to download the pdf, and the intro video doesn't autoplay when you go to her YouTube page

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 09:05 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Yesterday I started doing the 45 minute leg workout, but bailed quickly. I am just not into doing legs for more than 30 minutes anymore. Actually 20 is plenty for me.

Instead I did a 15 minute leg workout, followed by a 20 minute butt workout using the booty band. She has a lot of short lower body workouts that can be paired together to make it a little longer but not too long.

Today I will pick out an upper body, would like to hit all of it though so I might have to pair a couple together. Need to decide on which ones here shortly.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 11:02 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I like the idea of the pairing workouts to make it to your desired length!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, mcfit method, youtube workouts