Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-20, 07:21 PM  
cherimac

Pilates Cross-Trainers, July 2020. All Welcome!

Hey, guys. New month tomorrow, can you believe it?

I just did stretching tonight. My DH had an early neurologist appointment and got a good report and another 6 months between visits.

I hope you are all enjoying the end of June.
Old 07-01-20, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Cheri - thanks for starting the new thread! I'm glad your DH got a good report.

Catch up:

Yesterday:

Jessica - Feel Good Fusion - Flow Cardio
Jill Miller - Quick Fix - 5 min neck, 5 min shoulders
Outdoor walk

Today:

Jessica - WS 1.0 Total Body
Yoga w/ Kassandra- 30 Day Morning Yoga - Day 4 - Neck and Shoulders (see a theme here, LOL!)

Hope everyone has a good day. Still busy at work..So sorry for the lack of personals!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Technically a June workout, but here I am in the July check-in:

Walk - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Tone & Open Band Workout - 30 minutes

Love, love, love that workout from Smriti! It hits all the sweet spots for me - a little more total body strengthening than from most pilates workouts, and a ton of mobility work and stretching. Love how I can do single leg circles using the band.

Now that July 1st is here, I think I'm back to Pahla's 31 Day Challenge, coupled with Pilates Nest. Although I've lost about 10 pounds, I would like to lose another 10.

Donna - I too see the pattern. Maybe try Jessica's Neck & Shoulders practice from her Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility and Mobility DVD, and then the Relief from Desk & Computer Work practice from Jane Adams' Gentle Yoga DVD. Sounds like too much time hunched over the computer working at home.

Cheri - So glad your hubby got a good doctor's report!

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 08:17 AM  
cherimac

Thanks, ladies.

PN Classical Pilates Flow

Classical Pilates challenges me, but a daily dose of it is something my boy doesn't like. I loved Lesley Logan but stopped her workouts because it was too much. I like Jessica Valant, but not her schedules. So I am sticking with Smriti and Robin until my TBL runs out. Then I think I'll just be doing PN and throwing in a TBL workout occasionally.

Carol~Tone and Open band is so good!!

Donna~I am the queen of fly-by posts!
Old 07-01-20, 08:32 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

BBFIT Day 1 Full Body Cardio Burn - 17min. This is from 5 Day Fat Burn Program.
BBFIT Legs + Butt Toning with Bands - 17min. This one is on Bailey's monthly calendar for July 1.
ePilates Chair Pilates - 31min. This is a new workoout for July. I liked it a lot.

I signed up for BBFIT 7 Day free trial and will most likely continue with her for a month or two. Nice selection and $14.95/month is reasonable for a short run and it gives me the variety I need to stay motivated.

Cheri, thanks for starting us this month. Good doctors reports are everything. I'm always on the edge of my seat when my dh sees his doctor every 8 weeks.

Waves to Donna, Carol, Brenda and Christine.
Old 07-01-20, 07:45 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Welcome to July!

45 min. walk/read

Just a fly by today.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 07:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Leslie - 1 Mile ("Blue" mile from one of her DVDs - I can't remember the name, but the miles were color-coded!)

Jessica WS 3.0 - Pilates & Yoga

I have enjoyed the WS 3.0 workouts i have done in this rotation. I had been a little scared of them.

Sorry for the quick post.

Dana - did you subscribe to Bailey's paid site?

Carol - that is awesome about the 10 lbs!!! Pahla is very comforting to me for some reason, I think it is the chattiness, sort of like Leslie. Speaking of which, i may pay for the Daily Walk this month to try the new programs to see what I think, I also want to increase my step count - since it has gotten hot and humid and since my DD is not tired from working outside at the barn, I just haven't had the motivation to walk outdoors as much. Also, my Lab is really lame these days...

Waves -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 08:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were:

Walk - 40 minutes (while listening to Day 1 of 31 Day Challenge - Weight Loss for Women Over 50);
Pilates Nest - Shoulders, Abs & Glutes Towel Workout - 30 minutes

Instead of doing the walking in place stuff with Pahla, I just listened to the Day 1 workout while I walked outside. That felt much better than walking in place (which seems to annoy my hip flexors).

Smriti's workout was a different one, although I did like it. It wasn't so different that it felt like she was just trying to be different just to be different, if you know what I mean. I didn't realize that she included a little glider work at the end and wasn't prepared for it with my gliders, but I will be next time.

Donna - Yes, I'm pleased about the weight loss. I need to lose at least 10 more, maybe 15 - and considering that I have eliminated practically all bread and pasta from my diet, and all sweets, I should be losing weight. And for whatever reason, although I have avoided Pahla in the past (why??), she is really hitting the spot for me right now. I think it is the constant messaging from her that is so helpful for me. Finally, someone who acknowledges that at 50+ our bodies don't recover as quickly as they did when we were 20. I felt the same way you did about the Walk Strong 3 workouts incorporated in Jessica's workout - it was just enough of a taste of them that it wasn't too intimidating. I think a rotation of just WS3 would be too much for me. So glad your DD is getting to go to the barn these days!

Dana - Thanks for the mini reviews of the BBFit workouts. I'm looking forward to trying them the next time I get bored/restless with what I am doing.

Cheri - I started to do that workout yesterday, but decided it was going to be more than I could or wanted to do. The Hundred is not my favorite exercise.

Waves to Brenda & Christine!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 10:05 AM  
cherimac

PN 10 Minute Legs
Extra stretching

I was going to spend my day off calling the Georgia DOL who still owes me something like $4000 from my furlough. Of course, their hard-working employees need Thursday and Friday off to celebrate the 4th. Ugh, I will probably never see that $$.

Carol~the best modification for the hundred I've seen actually has you lie flat, like the beginning of the roll-up and then raise your head and arms with your legs flat and pump that way. You are pulling in all your muscles, including engaging the legs and glutes by trying to wrap the back of the thighs together, so to speak. Traditionally, you would start lying and engage and then float the legs and arms and head up that way. Give that a try. I find it works far better than bent knees and is more comfortable.

Dana~yes, those visits are definitely nerve-wracking.
Old 07-03-20, 07:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pahla's Walk and Tone 30m. She just posted this one yesterday.

I don't have time to do anything else this morning since I have to run to the office. Monday I'll be starting Summer Challenge on BBFIT. I'm looking forward to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVejmVyMt4M

At first I wasn't sure if I'll click with Bailey because she's so bubbly but I like her. Her "bubbly" is nothing like Casey Ho's "bubbly" which was just too much for me.

Donna, currently I'm in in the middle of my free 7 day trial but I will continue subscription for at least a month or two. Bailey is creative and upbeat and really lifts my spirits.

Carol, congrats on losing 10 lbs! I know how much hard work it takes. Good luck with your next 10.

Waves to Cheri, Brenda and Christine.