Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-06-20, 12:49 PM  
Vantreesta

It was a special day. The only other acts that might possibly get my dad and hubby at the same concert would be Skynyrd, maybe Travis Tritt. Skynyrd would be a stretch for Dad, Travis a stretch for hubby.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 09:16 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Steps last few days: 11651, 11713, 4959, and 3562

Yesterday:Classical Stretch Season 6- Arms and Posture

Today: walked at nature trail plus Cathe Live 210 Fit Tower Light Total Body warmup + first half

Today I got my hair cut and colored. The salon was mostly empty. My stylist and I wore masks (I told her it was important to me). The other 4 people in the salon (another stylist, customer, nail tech and her customer) did not. They were across the room from me (sizeable room) and I sanitized my hands immediately when I got back in the van.

I'm doing "ok" with my other goal of pre-planning my screen time. I'm on an Android phone and I have an app called "AppBlock". You can customize it to block various things and set up various profiles. I have one where I block all reading and social media sites (email, my news apps, Instagram, FB, my chrome browser" and one where I block all those things minus email and chrome browser. When I pull it up I can choose to activate the profile for a specified amount of time or for specific times on specific days. I usually just pull it up, block everything for an hour or two or three, press the "lock" button so I can't change my mind and press "start". Then my time-wasting apps are blocked for however long I choose.

After watching Hamilton, I looked up Philippa Soo, who played Eliza. It turns out her mom was from the area I was born and raised (and still live). I did a little digging (I'm a genealogist) and it turns our Phillipa (Eliza) is my 5th cousin! Excitement in my genealogy world!
Old 07-07-20, 07:59 AM  
MathTeacher

Katie, I saw Charlie Daniels in March 2019 with Alabama. It was a great concert. I wore my Charlie Daniels Band shirt to the dentist yesterday.
We had a bat in our house many years ago. I freaked out!

I go to the dentist every six months to get my teeth cleaned. I have had two little cavities filled, so this was a shock yesterday. I did not realize how yucky I would feel when I got home. My face/mouth was numb for 4 hours! Needless to say I didn't exercise yesterday.
Old 07-07-20, 07:37 PM  
Leonana

I did a Jessica strength workout yesterday, rest day today. I plan on doing a stretch tonight.

Leslie, I would have insisted on masks too. I'm surprised the other people in the salon were not wearing them. I need to get my hair cut soon. and masks are mandatory in my city.

MT, it can be an ordeal, but at least you got it over with. I hope it heals soon.

Vannie, that's nice you have a good memory of the concert with your family.

Katie, scary about the bat. Tell Trooper to leave them alone, lol.
Old 07-09-20, 10:19 PM  
Leonana

Well, good news, dd finally got through to the testing site and it was negative! We thought it was, but nice to have it confirmed. Her co-worker did get the virus from her roommate. She was in the hospital for a couple of hours, but is okay now. I was surprised since she's young, but dd said she was immune compromised plus she's a smoker. A double whammy, I guess.
Old 07-10-20, 10:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

So glad you dd is negative Sherry! What a relief. The virus does seem to really target pre existing conditions, smokers, elderly. Our state has had an increase in cases and in one city in particular, it's all related to the Sr. assisted living residents and staff. Very sad.

MT, hope you got some good results from your dental appt.

I had another great massage yesterday and am getting on a better rehab path again. I did get my new YTU therapy balls and they're definitely a good tool for me. I'll keep the old ones as spares.

Waves to Vannie and Leslie.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 06:07 PM  
Leonana

Today was you tube, Total Body Strength Back Friendly workout. I wasn't up for the ones on the SOS schedule. I think I'm on the last week, week five. But I've missed a few this week. I used my new 6 pound dumbbells that I bought a few days ago at Target. I really like them, challenging but not too hard. I also ordered new bands from Amazon, my old one ripped.

Katie, thanks. I'm glad your rehab path is going well.
Old 07-14-20, 09:18 PM  
Vantreesta

I got home last night from a week with my family. My dad and I walked every day except Sunday. I took today as a "recalibrating" day to have some me time and get my head back in the game. Back at it tmrw.

Sherry, so glad your daughter's test was negative!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 11:37 PM  
Leonana

I'm still doing Jessica Smith's Summer of Strength, catching up on strength workouts I missed last week. Yesterday I did Strictly Strength from the Get Strong dvd. Today was walking outdoors.

Vannie, I'm glad you were able to spend that time with your dad.
Old 07-16-20, 07:53 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I've kept up my walking at the nature trail and have done a few Cathe Live Fit Tower downloads. Today I purchased 2 boxes of veggies at the produce stand and have been vegan cooking all afternoon. I'm exhausted...been getting between 3-5 hours sleep a night per my Fitbit. This too shall pass.

I don't mind wearing masks. I am fighting boredom because it is just dh and me here. I've seen 2 other people in person to hold conversations with this week. :/