Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-20, 09:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Fingers crossed, Sandy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 08:13 AM  
buffmama

Hope you're cool as a cucumber Sandy!
Old 07-09-20, 11:09 AM  
SandyO

How is everyone doing getting ready for our 5k on August 1, 2020? I've been consistent three days a week (Tu Th Sa) building my distance with the 60 second run, 30 second walk ratios. I did 4.5 miles today in the rain. I'm planning to do 5k's on the next four Saturdays with 4.5 miles two more times then 5 miles three times.

buff and Vannie, the new air conditioner is working like a champ. It's so much more comfortable.

Helen, I haven't done Christi T for so long, I'd be afraid to try her crazy routines. Good on you. I have Fantastic 4.

Sandy O
Old 07-09-20, 03:51 PM  
buffmama

I have not prioritized running - and therefore have not been running. I will just do what I can when the day magically rolls around. Sad and pathetic but there you go. Work picked up, my head is full of thoughts about an unengaged teen come Sept, and oddly enough I'm reaching out to people and hoping to make some new friends during this tough time. I'm glad I am working on meditation and Pilates and with shorter full body strength work can continue.
Old 07-09-20, 06:50 PM  
Helen

SANDY
Glad all went well with the new a/c. Too much heat when sleeping is so draining - and can cause bad nightmares!

Running - done some, but not consistently - few factors: lots of rain, and it's the middle of winter and I don't like the cold. Predicted to be raining daily for the next week (possibly 2) as well.

BUFF
I don't envy you the school situation. ((hugs)) It's a tough one to call if the schools open but the Covid numbers are still not acceptable, can you choose not to go? When we opened up again, we (teachers) were all given spray for tables to use between classes & hand sanitiser for kids upon entry, and classes were limited to 10 kids only - different year groups came on different days during the initial phase; but the kids in the playground & corridors went right back to what they were doing before - bunching together, no masks, crowds in the hallways, .... despite constant advice to the contrary. We could NOT get them to do social distancing at ALL. We weren't ever given masks.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 08:22 PM  
Vantreesta

I was doing well with running till the extreme humidity and heat hit. I ran 30 miles in June but nothing since. I have to suck it up and either get up (and moving) earlier or do it on the treadmill.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 07:53 AM  
buffmama

I should have also done Ange's Slider workout with Katya's today but I just saw Sandy's post. Oh well. I am thoroughly worked anyway. I will see where I can add it this week. How was the foam roller workout? I will probably do it with a rolled yoga mat as my roller is short and knobby.

Helen - Buffboy wants to be in school. Idle hands are the devils playthings and all that. I'm wondering if half the families keep their kids home do the other half really need to only go part time? I haven't seen this addressed anywhere.
Old 07-12-20, 10:52 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I should have also done Ange's Slider workout with Katya's today but I just saw Sandy's post. Oh well. I am thoroughly worked anyway. I will see where I can add it this week. How was the foam roller workout? I will probably do it with a rolled yoga mat as my roller is short and knobby.
I liked the foam roller workout. It wasn't intense, but it's good for teaching form. It was good mobility work.

I got Brett and Katja done before breakfast, so now I have Ange and rehab left.

NO mustard greens at the store today. I'll have to head back before Tue soup because they make the soup.

Sandy O
Old 07-14-20, 07:37 AM  
SandyO

I went running in the rain this morning. So refreshing. 3.11 miles (5k). I got my fastest time on this route (29:45) in spite of having to tie my left shoes three times. I guess I should have taken the time to double knot it the first time it untied. I always double knot at home, and these have never untied before. I guess I was just running SOOOO fast. I wore the same shoes on a 4.5 mile run in much harder rain last week with no lace issues.

Sandy O
Old 07-14-20, 09:29 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I went running in the rain this morning. So refreshing. 3.11 miles (5k). I got my fastest time on this route (29:45) in spite of having to tie my left shoes three times. I guess I should have taken the time to double knot it the first time it untied. I always double knot at home, and these have never untied before. I guess I was just running SOOOO fast. I wore the same shoes on a 4.5 mile run in much harder rain last week with no lace issues.

Sandy O
I am cheering you on as you quickly lap me. The best that can be said about my pilates is that some moves are less hard and I have more body awareness. Good news is that regardless of what I do my weight doesn't really change. Strength changes are easily noticed in terms of whole body vs isolated muscles and functional fitness. Work is picking up. Now the question is how to make a few summer memories to last through the cold winter. A few hikes and some good pizza is all that is required but that means taking time off, which may fall under necessity vs luxury.