Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-20, 08:02 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-trainers JUNE 2020!

Starting June thread. Will check back shortly after the workout.

Back to report my workouts this morning.

Pahla B 31Day WL Day 4 - 25m. I started with Day 1 but 8 minutes into it I switched to Day 4. Day 1 was just incessant chatter while we were just walking in place. The information Pahla provided was nothing new to me and I quickly got bored. I did like Day 4 because I like her Walking with Weights workouts, so all is good.

ePilates 6 Day Core Challenge Day 1 - 30m. This was a classic full-body mat pilates with emphasis on the core. Just what I need. I really liked it. I like the look of Emma's June calendar and I plan to follow it as closely as I can.

From January until May I was doing a lot of GHUTV and I loved it, but I did it at the expense of my regular pilates practice. The result was that my aches and pains came back and I was feeling stiff and tired most of the time. In June I've decided to try something different: I'm planning to decrease the length and intensity of my cardio/weight workouts (that's where Pahla B comes in) and get back to following ePilates calendar at least 5 days/week. I did that in December and I felt great. I'm also going to focus more on my diet. We'll see what results I see and how I feel at the end of the month.

Waves to All!
Old 06-01-20, 12:10 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith S2: Stability Ball Pilates

Dana, thanks for starting us off! I hear you about the workouts. I had been doing too much strength training and less Pilates, and my body just doesn't feel as well with that. I'm going back to more Pilates this month.

Donna, thank you. My doctor actually had my levels rechecked this morning since they were that high, just to make sure it was an accurate reading.

Carol, our dog was in a foster home with lots of other animals as a puppy before getting adopted, so I guess she's used to it. When she was younger she did chase the cats a bit, and squirrels, lol.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 07:30 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

We made it to June! Yay!

I rested today. Or rather, I ran out of time to workout since I had to take a son to the dr. for a Boy Scout physical.

Christine, high insulin levels are concerning. I'm glad you and your dr are on it!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 06:38 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were:
PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 3 - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Lower Body Love - 17 minutes

Day 3's workout was drill style Low Impact Cardio (no weights) - started out easy and was tougher by the end - 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off. These workouts are hitting the spot for me right now - they are not the most exciting workouts I've ever done, but they are short enough that I know I can get through them and I don't feel wiped out afterwards. The best part - they really don't have any jumping or any of that up and down to the floor business.

Our CoVid19 cases are continuing to climb, slowly - we surpassed 3,000 in our metro area yesterday; we have had many cases that were asymptomatic - maybe upwards of 40%. The fall is going to be interesting.

To my knowledge we have had nothing even remotely resembling a riot here, although we did have a peaceful protest Sunday afternoon. My mother used to say that nothing good ever happens after dark, and I do believe she was right.

Brenda - how many kiddos do you have? Or is that too personal to ask? When you had talked about piano lessons in the past, I had envisioned you having girls - old fashioned, I know - but then you mentioned Boy Scouts and rocked my world! I just have one son - who is on the autism spectrum. He still lives with me while he's working on his master's in engineering.

Christine - Nice job getting back to pilates. I've been slacking a bit too lately and I notice it. Hope your doctor gets to the bottom of things quickly!

Dana - I didn't like Day One either, although I did do it. I think the next time she has a plain walking workout, I will go get on the stationary bike. I know what you mean about GHUTV - I did a lot of it too earlier in the year, but those workouts would just wipe me out. I didn't have any injuries, but I worried that I would.

Waves to Donna and Linda.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:37 AM  
cherimac

Ellen Barrett Sweet 15
PN Pilates for Back Strength

Dana~thanks for starting us off.

Christine~my body is the same if I push it with too much strength training. Hope you feel better.
Old 06-02-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I posted in the wrong thread yesterday! Yikes.

I'm feeling stressed - both about my mom's passing and work. I start my new job Monday but I'm sure I'll be doing two jobs for a bit. Nervous about that and also trying to get as much wrapped up as possible this week at the old job. Timing on everything is really bad - but not something I have control over.

DD started her horseback riding lessons again last night - they are keeping the lessons smaller, parents have to stay in their cars (should get interesting when it gets hot!) and masks whenever they are inside. I'm glad she is back to it. They are also going to do a limited summer camp this year so she is going to be a counselor for at least a few weeks - they camp is scaled down and they don't need as many jr counselors, but the owner is going to try to give everyone who is interested a chance to work for a few weeks.

on the workout front:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Jessica V - Upper Body 1.0 (I've done this one before - no weights, body weight only) and Shoulder Stretch

I have a hard time sticking with any one thing these days so I think I'll just continue to mix it up.

Carol - I agree, Pahla's aren't the most exciting, but I do enjoy them when I do them - I think she is on to something w/ her functional approach to fitness.

I haven't checked our case count lately -but I suspect it is still climbing state-wide, although where I live it is pretty stable. Riots though in D.C. It is good DH is working from home b/c his building was vandalized.

The world really needs some prayers!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 02:36 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith S2: Kettlebell Pilates

This was half standing/half floor work with a kettle-bell. I don't have them so I just used one weight. I'm really liking Season 2, possibly more than Season 1. There seems to be more of a variety in workouts, plus more Pilates which is a bonus! Theresa just announced she's filming Season 3 this week too.

Donna, I'm sorry that you're feeling stressed, but it's understandable. There's a lot of change for you, and a lot to do both with your mom's affairs and job wise. I'm praying for peace, and that someone can come along side you and help you with things. ((hugs))

Cheri, thank you! How are things at work?

Brenda, thanks!

Carol, thanks! I'm hoping the recheck will show lower levels. Did your job hire a nurse yet? It's funny how we all notice our bodies aching more with less Pilates!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 06:29 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were:

PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 5 - 24 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Back Strength - 16 minutes

Pahla's workout was weights and cardio - longer intervals - 40 seconds, I think. It went by pretty fast.

My doctor wants more bloodwork - not sure why. Yuck.

Christine - Yes, we hired a nurse and she starts on Monday. I will be glad to have her on board. They finished up tiling her office yesterday. That's good news about Theresa's shows!

Donna - I am so sorry you are stressed! Honestly, you would be weird if you weren't. Lots of changes in your life these days, plus the virus and lockdowns have everyone stressed out to begin with.

Cheri - Nice job. Pahla B says our bodies are more that way now because of hormones, or really because of the lack of hormones. I think there's some truth to that.

Waves to Brenda and Dana.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Valent - Non-Impact HIIT Fundamentals - I enjoyed this one - body weight exercises - squats, lunges, floor work. I nice routine, nothing too over the top. Jessica is 6 months post surgery and I think she is creating gentler workouts for those who have undergone surgeries, babies, etc. I appreciate how honest and straightforward she is. And, this was a good workout for me, nothing too taxing, but enough to feel like I did something.

Trifecta Pilates - Posture & Plank Workout - although that sounds dreadful, it wasn't in that it wasn't all planks, LOL! It was definitely a good one to do to counter all the sitting and forward leaning we do all day.

Yesterday DD and I walked in the evening. it is going to be hot today - so not sure about when we will walk or if we will walk - I may do something inside if it is too miserable outside. I'm trying to get a min of 7K steps a day b/c I'm finding I'm moving less and less w/ working from home.

Carol - nice job w/ Pahla. I hope the bloodwork turns out ok.

Christine - those workouts sound interesting!

I'm feeling less stressed b/c I got a lot done yesterday - and re: my mom's stuff, I'm making it a goal to take care of one thing a day. that is all I can handle. death certificates are delayed due to COVID so there is stuff I know I can't do w/out them. *sigh*

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 08:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pahla B 30m Cardio Arm Toning
ePilates Core Day 2 - 24m (Waist, Waist and more Waist workout)

Pahla is in rare form in this one. She talks even more here than in her other videos. I've been wondering why she doesn't have more subscribers because her workouts deserve it, but now I think is that her constant chatter turns some people off. I'm trying to tune her out and so far it's working.

I loved Emma's Waist workout which I've done once before. She is a lovely instructor and her voice is soooo soothing!

Hope everyone is doing well. Waves to all!