Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-20, 06:11 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Jules, happy 50th! I’m 55 and I didn’t celebrate my 50th with anything special. If it weren’t for Covid were you going to have a party?

Congrats on getting your hair cut too! That’s a bid deal these days. I was finally able to get mine cut last night. I wear it short, like a pixie, and it was last cut in February so I was really overdue. I actually went to a different stylist in another county that went green before the county where my regular stylist is located. I just couldn’t wait!

My husband and and I are working half day tomorrow then we’re off on Friday for the holiday. It will be nice to have a long weekend. We’re not doing much except a couple small get togethers with immediate family.

Still haven’t decided on my workout for today.

Enjoy the evening!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:07 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: I just like exercising hard. I figure I'm going to do as much as I can, while I can. I have no doubt I'll have to slow down eventually but for now I'm going for it.
I had one or two Physique 7 before but long gone.

Jules: HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl!!! I hope you have a great day. And have fun at the salon! At least you can go. Don't give up!!! Exercise will keep you going!

I had so much fun today! Two wicked workouts! I started with 80DO P2 Day 29 Total Body Core. This phase has all new exercises. 15 reps, about a dozen moves done twice. Good core-focused moves which I also feel around my back. I did it once through and then popped in Cathe RwH Lift it Hit it Chest, Tris, Shoulders.
Wow! I forgot how good these workouts are! I have them as high favorites but some I haven't done in 2-3 years. I think RwH is probably my favorite set. Heavy lifting at it's best. Even went to failure a couple times.

Happy Wednesday!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 04:15 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! Thanks for the warm b-day wishes! It was a nice weekend here. We stayed at home, grilled and had a fire in the fire pit for the 4th. My husband picked up a few fireworks and sparklers for the kids and they had a good time with those. Luckily we had one of the rainiest Junes on record, so we were not too worried about accidentally lighting trees on fire this year.

Yesterday we made homemade pizza for my b-day. I was too full to eat any of the turtle cheesecake DH bought, so we will have that tonight!

I picked some fun workouts the past few days to get me out of my motivation slump and had a great time. Friday I did Cathe's Circuit Max. This one was a calorie crusher! Saturday I did Cathe's High Step Challenge - one of my favorite workouts. Yesterday I did an 83 minute SpinCore from Studio Sweat. Today I did BodyCombat 68. I am still walking the dog every morning as well.

Kate: Don't worry about me giving up. I am consistent with exercise whether or not I am motivated. I know how hard it is to restart after a break. Most of the time I am excited to work out, but once in a while I have a little mental slump... however, I always feel great when the workout for the day is over! I agree with you on RWH - it is awesome!

Waves to all!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 11:09 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules!! So glad you had a nice birthday!! I'm so glad you just keep going with your workouts! Yes some days are not as easy, but I think once you get going, your body responds! Mine gets happy!

Backtracking a little.
Last Thurs I combined 80DO P2 Day 30 Legs + RwH Legs. Superb!! Double hit on the legs and I felt great! I'm really liking these longer workouts! I don't know why but I hadn't done RwH Legs since 2015 and only one time. And I had it a high fav in my log. ??? I'm thinking of going through RwH again...such a great series!

Last Friday was 80DO P2 Day 31 AAA (arms, abs, ass). I did not add anything else and that was fine. After the mega Wed workout, I was still feeling my upper body.

Yesterday: 80DO P2 Day 33 Booty plus a few tracks from Cathe's Turbo Barre. I'm not a big fan of barre workouts but they definitely cook my legs!! And Cathe makes it more fun.

Today was 80DO P2 Day 34 Cardio Core + Cathe RwH Low Impact HiiT #1. Drenched with sweat! My basement is fairly cool but we have some major high humidity and I could tell. But was a great cardio day!

Waves and hugs! Stay well!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 07-07-20, 05:09 PM  
Mickey12

Jules, your birthday weekend sounded great. I’m glad you had fun.

Saturday and Sunday I skipped workouts. We were busy with two family get togethers on Saturday and Sunday I just felt like a break. Last night I did Travis gentle practice from the Level Up 108 series. I started on my deck and it was lovely, there was a nice breeze and a mother deer and her fawn were in the neighbor’s yard. Unfortunately it started to sprinkle so I had to move the practice inside.

I’m not sure what my workout for tonight will be.

Kim

ETA: I chose Ripped with Hiit chest, shoulders and triceps. Not bad because it went by quickly. I also added in about 5 minutes of the ab bonus #2.
Old 07-08-20, 01:16 PM  
Jules

Hi FitChicks! Unfortunately, I had a rough start to the week. I had a bout with the stomach flu on Monday night. I finally fell asleep around 4 am when a thunderstorm hit for a couple of hours, so I only got a couple hours rest.

I was not feeling great yesterday, but we got a huge delivery of mulch and the kids and I spent most of the day spreading it. I am super sore today. Not sure what I ate that made me sick, but my daughter also had some tummy issues. I wish we knew the culprit since we have a lot of leftovers in the fridge.

I took the dog for her walk this morning and will probably do a step workout today. Nothing too intense. We still have mulch left, but I'm not touching it today!

Kim: Your yoga session with Travis sounds so beautiful and serene. I bought his Level Up series, but haven't done it yet. I am going to try to get through his Flexibility & Beyond series in the next few weeks.

Kate: My folks are in northern MN right now and they say it has been miserably hot and humid. Are you planning to do all 80 days of 80DO? I like how you are mixing in some of your favorite instructors to keep things interesting and fun.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 02:44 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Hi FitChicks! Unfortunately, I had a rough start to the week. I had a bout with the stomach flu on Monday night. I finally fell asleep around 4 am when a thunderstorm hit for a couple of hours, so I only got a couple hours rest.

I was not feeling great yesterday, but we got a huge delivery of mulch and the kids and I spent most of the day spreading it. I am super sore today. Not sure what I ate that made me sick, but my daughter also had some tummy issues. I wish we knew the culprit since we have a lot of leftovers in the fridge.

I took the dog for her walk this morning and will probably do a step workout today. Nothing too intense. We still have mulch left, but I'm not touching it today!

Kim: Your yoga session with Travis sounds so beautiful and serene. I bought his Level Up series, but haven't done it yet. I am going to try to get through his Flexibility & Beyond series in the next few weeks.

Kate: My folks are in northern MN right now and they say it has been miserably hot and humid. Are you planning to do all 80 days of 80DO? I like how you are mixing in some of your favorite instructors to keep things interesting and fun.
Jules Uggg! sorry you've been sick. I hate being sick, I hate not getting enough sleep, I hate when I have to do physical work when I don't feel good. Wow, triple whammy for you! I hope things get back to normal soon. Bummer on the left over issue too. What to toss? What to keep?

I love Travis so much. The Level Up 108 workouts were not as brutal as I thought they might be. They are harder than UY, but not that
much harder. They are doable. The Flexibility and Beyond program is TOTAL HEAVEN! The production on his programs is so good and I love his demeanor and instruction style. He's my favorite yoga instructor, hands down. My only gripe is he no longer makes DVDs and these new programs are only available for download for a limited time. I don't like streaming at all.

Enjoy working your way through the practices. They're so, so good.

Kim
Old 07-08-20, 07:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hi Fitchicks!

Jules your birthday sounded wonderful...Happy belated 50th!! I hope you celebrate all year!!
Funnily enough, I made homemade pizza yesterday and used the leftover dough to make a breakfast pizza for my daughter. She loved it!

Kim, did you order the new KCM? I did. I look forward to it.

I am having an active recovery week. I have been doing band strength workouts. I have done a dedicated upper and lower. Today was BOSU equilibrium. A very cool yoga/pilates workout. Tomorrow will be cardio only and then I will do a total body band workout. In the evenings I do more pilates or mobility work.

Now I need to decide which Cathe for cardio..I have some really great options so I'm excited

Happy Thursday wishes to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 02:22 PM  
Mickey12

Linda,

Yes, I pre-ordered both the new KCM's. I like that she has background exercisers with her. I didn't get the recent ones she put out with just her alone. I have quite a few of KCM workouts and I didn't feel the need to add those to my collection. It seems so silly, but the background exercisers are what pushed me to get these newest ones. I'm really glad she is still doing DVD.

I took a walk during lunch today. It was HOT, HOT, HOT. I stayed away from hills and just did a sort of leisurely walk. Not sure what will be on deck for tonight's workout. Oh wait, Kittybug mentioned that double trouble yoga workout from Travis on his Youtube channel. I think that's what I will do.

Kim
Old 07-10-20, 11:22 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey friends!
Lots of good workouts going on. You rock!

I think I might have injured myself but I'm not quite sure how or when. I did 80DO P2 Day 35 Total Body Core on Wed and that night my hip flexor/quad on the right leg was sore! Like limping sore. I can't remember pulling anything or hurting myself but I think it might have been the pikes with sliders core move???

Anyway, I skipped 80DO Legs yesterday and did Cathe RwH Lift it Hit it Back, Biceps, Shoulders + Bonus Abs 2.

Still a little sore today so I just did a longer Yoga practice. Janet Stone Ganesha Flow. Had some nice hip and leg stretches and I do feel better. But weird.

Kim: I love doing Yoga outside as long as the bugs stay away. I am curious to hear what people think of the new KCM's. I didn't preorder - will wait for input.

Jules: Yes it has been stinking hot and humid all week until today. The humidity broke. Whew. You REALLY should try out those Travis practices. Most excellent!

Linda: active recovery is a good idea. I tend to do that with Yoga practices. I do rest more on the weekends too.

TGIF and keep up your great workouts!