Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-19, 05:32 PM  
Cowgirl32

Shoe recs :)

I'm looking for some good shoes for cardio: I do varied impact/intensity, treadmill running, plyos in dvds, kickboxing, and some dance.

I'm looking to use zappos. B/c they rock. Shoe recs and go:
Old 07-20-19, 10:59 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

For dance I love Reebok Hayasu, comfortable and have a pivot point, so it is easy to turn and slide while dancing, they are good for kickboxing too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M7JIEoII2_U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lzUEPRuzo

And for mixed impact including some or lot of jumping I love Ahnu Yoga Flex Shoes, very comfy, and flexible for stuff like mountain climbers, push ups, etc.

https://www.moosejaw.com/product/ahn...-shoe_10289477

HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 08:07 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Thanks for the rec . I have Ahnu hiking boots and love them. Amazon has the yoga shoes!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 11:10 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I just ordered some Run On shoes from zappos -- don't have them yet but I bought them on strong recommendation from my sister. She is on her feet a lot and they were recommended to her for that. They do get great reviews on zappos.

ETA: I guess the brand is called "On". I got the Cloud X, which I believe is what my sister has and loves so much.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 03:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I have two pairs of On shoes. I think the "model" is Cloudrunner. I like them, hope you do too. My favorites are the Brooks Glycerin series and Altra. I love shoes with a knit upper that allow for more toe splay along with cushioning for impact.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-19, 04:36 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
Thanks for the rec . I have Ahnu hiking boots and love them. Amazon has the yoga shoes!
You are welcome! If you end getting them, I hope you will love them as much as your hiking boots. These pair are the best I have found for high impact workouts, great cushioning and arch support. I bought my regular sport shoe size, and it was a great fit. I love them so much, that I got a second pair, same size, somehow the second pair feel a bit tighter, I just wear them with lighter socks. Hth

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes, shoes for high impact, shoes for plyo, sneakers, workout shoes