Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-16, 04:43 PM  
videofit

Aerosoles
Old 08-04-16, 09:45 PM  
bfit

I've had good luck with a company called Footsmart. They have a print catalog and also a website. Their shoes are designed for comfort, and they have many for people with foot problems like bunions, but they carry lots of brands, and many of the shoes are attractive. They are not just old ugly "orthopedic" shoes. I've gotten everything from sandals to athletic shoes from them.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-16, 06:43 PM  
videofit

Has anyone looked at aerosoles website lately? I don't see pictures of individual shoes, just the models' photos at the top of the page. I refine my search and see just empty squares with prices. When I click on the blank squares I get the page with everything showing except the actual photo of the shoes.

Any computer geeks know what the problem is? I have Firefox and had popups blocked so unblocked them but that did nothing. I also made sure to "allow aerosoles" on browser bar.
Old 08-08-16, 09:54 AM  
Daphne M

In addition to a few of the brands already mentioned (Clarks, Merrell, Aerosoles) I've had good luck with a couple of other brands:

I have normal width feet -- with bunions. If I buy wider shoes to fit the bunions, they're usually a little too big and my foot slides forward and I get all kinds of toe and ball-of-foot pain. What I've learned is to look for either suede shoes in a normal width because the suede usually stretches to accommodate my bunions OR a wider shoe with a t-strap or instep strap which holds my foot in place.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-16, 09:15 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Are there any good sandals for trail hiking?
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 05:43 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
While I have never hiked on trails myself, maybe take a look at Chaco? They are available at Zappos. They are mostly sandals though.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 12:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
While I have never hiked on trails myself, maybe take a look at Chaco? They are available at Zappos. They are mostly sandals though.
Chacos are also available on 6pm, Amazon, and Sierra Trading Post (and probably some other places). They do also have shoes and I love the ones I have. Their sandals are definitely great too.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 12:53 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Chacos give me blisters and I have several pairs. The only good pair I have is one that was made in the USA a zillion years ago. Unfortunately, I lost the pair from an international trip.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 01:26 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Has anyone looked at aerosoles website lately? I don't see pictures of individual shoes, just the models' photos at the top of the page. I refine my search and see just empty squares with prices. When I click on the blank squares I get the page with everything showing except the actual photo of the shoes.

Any computer geeks know what the problem is? I have Firefox and had popups blocked so unblocked them but that did nothing. I also made sure to "allow aerosoles" on browser bar.
I'm on Firefox and it's working fine for me. Do you have Java updated? That's one issue that often causes problems.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 02:24 PM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I've had good luck with a pair of Merrell water shoes that I took on a week long raft trip a couple of years ago that included some hiking on rest times, and still love to walk in them. Doubtful I could find the exact pic and they aren't exactly sandals, but wore them sockless. Maybe do a search? Also, I don't have any, but know lots of folks who love their Keens.

Hope you find what you're dreaming of! Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable shoes, shoes, traveling shoes