Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-04-20, 07:16 AM  
sherry7899

I forgot to post yesterday. I broke my pattern and did cardio from you tube:

I tried a Cardio Mash Up class, but bailed after 15 minutes. It was boring athletic cardio, which isn't my thing. I do like the instructor, so I may try a dance workout from her channel.

Then I did two classes of twenty minutes each from Fit Body by Ashley, which I really enjoyed. I will definitely use her again.

I meant to do yoga, but the day got away from me.

Cyana-I need a modification for fire log, also! I will try her more of her practices. I looked at her paid site, but there is barely anything there. She has a ton on you tube, so I will stick with that.

My weekend "plans" are boring. Our son is working both days. My husband is going to his mom's to take care of her yard, which takes hours. She lives an hour away and has an acre and a half. I plan to relax and read, bake something and get things done around the house.

Pat, I think I still have that Trudie dvd. I need to check.....I loved the scenery and music from her dvds.

I don't do KCM anymore. Her weight work is too questionable for me, and I've stopped enjoying her cardio to be honest.

Pam, I hope your hip is feeling better-hugs!

Kate-hi and hugs

Hi to Jackie and Margot

Today is my rest day, but I plan to do yoga. I may do a practice from the Blissasana streaming site. I signed up for a month.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 10:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~WOW: 30 min walk
~Yin at bedtime

Cyana - The mask dilemma is a thing! I initially bought some homemade masks from a local woman. They were okay but not the best fit TBH. DS2 & his wife have them now. I have Norwex masks and they are really good, fit well & stay in place. DH has a large head, lol, and he even finds they fit well. You have to get them from a local Norwex rep as they aren’t available online yet.

Sherry & Cyana - My hip is better today, thankfully! Fire log is an intense pose! It’s a fave of mine as my hips are naturally flexible, the only part of my body that is, lol. I’ve had to work on hamstring flexibility big time as couldn’t come close to reaching my toes when I first started doing yoga many years ago.

Pat - I believe I had that Trudie dvd, might still be somewhere in my collection as I had a few of hers. I remember it being nice & flowy.

DH and I are off to meet DS2 & DIL for lunch at a little outdoor seaside restaurant halfway in between us. Hoping to hit a farm market or two along the way. I hope to get a workout in before we leave.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 10:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~WOW: 30 min disco walk - loved the music....covers of Saturday night Fever, Donna Summer, & George Benson
~kettlebell routine
~a little yin at bedtime

We had a lovely lunch & visit with DS2 & DIL, we sat outside with a view of Deep Bay.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-05-20, 02:31 PM  
cowfishpro

Talking Hello!

Popping in to say hello!

I see some familiar names here.

I thought I saw Jackie checking in on previous threads, so I decided to post here.

I wanted to thank Jackie for her help in getting me started with CS/ES again.

Unfortunately, after two weeks, my blasted knee was bothering me again. I think I have patellar alignment issues, hence the pain from the lunges.

I investigated Miranda’s Aging Backwards 3, and her approach and recent science made a lot of sense. I’m on Day 20 of AB 3 from ETV.

While wearing knee compression sleeves and performing these gentle workouts, I am seeing progress.

-My knee pain is greatly reduced and less frequent. And my knee is much more stable.
-My spine and neck are increasing their mobility
-My range of motion is expanding
-My legs are firming up and thinning out
-And I’ve lost 4 of the 5 pounds that creeped up since December
-Overall, I’m feeling great!

Not bad for only 4 weeks of ETV!

Right now, I’m just doing AB3 in the morning and supplementing with a short ETV routine in the evening.

For right now, I’m content with only ETV. It just feels so great to not have to kill myself to get in a workout that will keep up my muscle tone. And make me feel relaxed to boot!

When I need some variety, I will start adding back in my Pilates reformer, which I also enjoy. But for right now, I am really enjoying just ETV.

Looks like all of you have great rotations going.

I can’t commit to be a regular here, but I would like to check in from time to time.

Take care and stay healthy!

~Dr. T
Old 07-05-20, 02:41 PM  
sherry7899

Renee! (I hope I have your name right?) Welcome!

I will post later.

Sherry

Old 07-05-20, 08:27 PM  
cyana

Today:
Not a most satisfying fitness day- it was hot, I was a fickle pickle and DS called in the middle of my yin practice. As much as I love Norman Blair, I'll always love DS more, LOL, so I didn't finish since our calls are always lengthy.
YT - Jessica Smith - Strength Something (forgot the name) - I wanted to do total body weights, but wasn't in the mood to do side planks, so I Joni O'd this one.
YT - randomly came across Full Body Workout for Women over 50 from The Fit Mother project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAHwQJLFy6w . As it turned it out, it was instructional, but I did the exercises while he was talking. This would be a good video to share with someone who knew a little about weights but wasn't sure how to put together a total body routine to do at home. I plan to check out more of the videos on that channel and see if there's anything of interest.
MFML - Issues And Tissues - Norman Blair. Oh, Norman, I do love you and I've been missing yin, so I'll try to finish this practice later this week.

I finally got masks ordered!!! I ordered a total of six masks, from 5 different vendors. I thought that would be a good way to try different styles and construction. Three have already sent shipping confirmations, so I'm hoping all goes well. Has anyone bought the filters to slip inside the masks? I bought masks with nose wires and filter pouches. I got 3 that are more girly (meaning the fabric) and 3 that are more neutral and man-acceptable.

I was looking for a quick recipe for a side dish for dinner last evening, and came across this Quick Cabbage Coleslaw on Skinnytaste: https://www.skinnytaste.com/quick-cabbage-slaw/ . We thought it was pretty good and I doubled the recipe and it holds up well in the refrigerator. I think it would be really good on fish or black bean tacos, as well as being a decent side. Speaking of tacos, I don't eat much in the way of grains, and Siete has some decent grain free taco shells (hopefully I hadn't already mentioned that ).

Today I made seed crackers, plain hummus, turmeric hummus and sliced up some cukes for snacking.

T - What a nice surprise to "see" you! I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the knee, but happy that you're seeing good results from C/S. I keep thinking I'm going to try ETV at some point, but I need to make sure my work-life balance is in order, as I already have 2 streaming subscriptions.

Pam - Disco walk sounds fun - I always wanted to be a Disco Queen (holy cow, that's a stretch as my dancing skills are seriously lacking ). Your lunch with DS2 and DIL sounded nice. I looked up Deep Bay on-line - what a lovely area. But brrr....that water is cold - I saw the temp on one of the sites!!

Sherry - I didn't know Aprile had a subscription channel until she mentioned it in that video. I'm wondering if this is a brand new thing.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start - need to wind it down for the evening.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today was low key for me as I am fighting a migraine. The weather has been unsettled here so I expect that is partly the cause along with not a great sleep last night. I wanted to do something so decided on a walking workout. I started the other disco walk on WOW, she has two, but the music didn’t grab me so I bailed after 10 min. I did a 25 min Dance Walk of Jessica’s On YouTube. I’ll get some yin in later.

Cyana - A chat with my DS would definitely top yoga, even if it is Norman, lol. I hope you are happy with your masks! Yes the ocean up here is chilly, but my DS2 is hard core and surfs all year with a wet suit. At this time of year he also swims in it sans wetsuit too. Waaaay to cold for me!

Welcome Dr T! It’s so nice to have you back at VF! Sorry you’ve got knee issues, but happy to hear Essentrics is helping.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-06-20, 07:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

T what a nice surprise to see you!!!! I'm happy for you that Essentrics is helping your knee rehab. I sure hope you pop in to say hi from time to time.

Cyana your weight training splits with core work and sprints looks worthy of a commitment. Whole body workouts are intimidating when you have limited time. I have been making taco salads with no grain at all, just a combo of romaine hearts, chunked up iceberg and lots of bell pepper and halved cherry tomatoes sprinkled with a touch of shredded cheese. The veggies give the crunch.

Pam, I hope you feel better soon. Wow your son is brave to go in that northern Pacific water without a wetsuit!

I didn't get much formal fitness in over the weekend but accomplished some moving of furniture type cleaning and garden cleanup plus a short beach walk on Saturday.

My son visited yesterday and we enjoyed Middle Eastern takeout at the beach. It's so hot here but there was a breeze and we just chilled out watching the water birds, ferries and sailboats go by. We tried to walk but it was just too hot to go far.

Wish me luck ladies, I'm going to the hand doctor's office to have a lump cut out of my fingertip later. When I had the RA nodule surgery last year he neglected to take one out. I don't appreciate having to go through this again.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 09:18 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,
This will be short since I am on the kindle. I will try for personals later.

Sunday:
World Heat Dance with Sara Jane Joy of Movement class 61 minutes
Yoga Upload morning stretch

Monday:World Heat Dance with Sara Jane Longing and Beauty class 63 minutes

I will do yoga later.

Have a great day!
Sherry

Old 07-06-20, 05:07 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies...

More of the same for me....a lot of Zoom classes. I've been agonizing about whether to return to class or not. Ultimately, I'm waiting for fall for live in person classes at the school. I may do some park classes when the weather is cooler.

Cyana I saw Siete had grain free tortilla chips at our local grocery store.

Pam sorry about the migraine; hope you get relief.

Pat I hope the dr appt went ok. I can't imagine being real pleased about returning.

T glad to help! Sure hope your knee continues to improve. I love hearing that CS/Ess is working for you.

Sherry hope you're having a good day.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote