Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-20, 12:09 PM  
Erica H.

Recommendations for electrolytes powder

I've been feeling really lousy and am wondering if it's an electrolytes issue. I want to try supplementing with electrolytes, but don't want to spend a lot. I hate the taste of Gatorade.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 12:33 PM  
Vantreesta

My aunt just bought me Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier. It's individual powder packs you add to water. I have tried the passion fruit flavor. The first time I thought it was weird tasting but after that I liked it. I like Gatorade but this tastes nothing like it, imo. She got it from Amazon, I'm pretty sure.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 01:23 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
My aunt just bought me Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier. It's individual powder packs you add to water. I have tried the passion fruit flavor. The first time I thought it was weird tasting but after that I liked it. I like Gatorade but this tastes nothing like it, imo. She got it from Amazon, I'm pretty sure.
Thanks, I saw that but it's really expensive! I'm not even sure that this is the problem. Maybe I should just choke down the Gatorade since it's cheap.

Erica
Old 07-06-20, 01:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Ahh, expensive doesn't surprise me knowing my aunt, but I didn't even think about it. Have you tried other RTD sports drinks? Body Armour is good but I think more expensive than Gatorade. I don't like Powerade but that's another option out there.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-06-20, 02:06 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Ahh, expensive doesn't surprise me knowing my aunt, but I didn't even think about it. Have you tried other RTD sports drinks? Body Armour is good but I think more expensive than Gatorade. I don't like Powerade but that's another option out there.
I'll try Powerade then. Thanks!

Erica
Old 07-06-20, 02:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Hope it helps!

Old 07-07-20, 01:31 AM  
hypnomoon

Every once in a while, I'll feel the same way and get out my electrolyte drinks.

I am currently using MIO Sport in Berry Blast. I had lemon/lime last time and liked it too. I find these at the grocery store around the Crystal Lite stuff. This one is a liquid you squeeze right into your water.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 04:33 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Every once in a while, I'll feel the same way and get out my electrolyte drinks.

I am currently using MIO Sport in Berry Blast. I had lemon/lime last time and liked it too. I find these at the grocery store around the Crystal Lite stuff. This one is a liquid you squeeze right into your water.
This looks perfect! I will try it. Thank you!

Erica
Old 07-07-20, 06:04 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I use Gatorade and Powerade, but I also use Smart Water which is water with electrolytes added. Gatorade and Powerade come in so many different flavors that it's just a matter of finding what flavor appeals to you.
Old 07-07-20, 07:00 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I use Gatorade and Powerade, but I also use Smart Water which is water with electrolytes added. Gatorade and Powerade come in so many different flavors that it's just a matter of finding what flavor appeals to you.
Thanks. I've tried different flavors of Gatorade and it all makes me gag. I've been through a lot of bowel preps, unfortunately, and I don't think I can ever drink Gatorade again.

Erica

Tags
electrolytes powder, gatorade, powerade, sports drink