Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-05-20, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Trifecta Pilates - Dynamic Pilates Routine - Even though this one was an hour long, I enjoyed it - she used a bunch of different equipment, ring, small ball, looped resistance band and resistance band. I enjoyed the different variations of the exercises in this one.

Sherry - I think today will be my "lazy" day- except for the never ending housework and chores....hope you enjoyed your take out and that your DD is feeling well.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 03:52 PM  
Leonana

Today I did a Body Project You Tube Workout: Low impact, beginner, fat burning, home cardio workout. ALL standing. I enjoyed it. The instructor Daniel did the intermediate moves and he had two exercisers do beginner and advanced with weights. It was more of an athletic type workout, and I prefer Jessica's more flowing fusion style, but it was a nice change. It did get my heart rate up. I'm going to try some of the more advanced ones.

Our neighbors did fireworks, and they were pretty impressive actually. So, I was able to watch a little of it.

Thanks, Donna. My dd is still doing fine. I thought of our dd's when I read an article on NPR. It said that young people are concerned about the virus, but they are more concerned about social isolation. They really depend on their socialization to stay mentally healthy, and it stated that their brain development also depends on connection. It's a tough situation.
Old 07-06-20, 06:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I decided to give Leslie's Walk-Run-Lift a try and sub'd to her Daily Walk service for this month -and I somehow ended up w/ a free week, so I can cancel it and not be charged anything...which I may do, b/c I have plenty of Leslie on DVD to create countless Leslie rotations.

Anyway today was:

Leslie - Run-Walk-Lift 20 min workout. This is a circuit where you do 3 min walk, 2 min "run" (higher impact aerobics) and then some "lifting" w/ a resistance band. Nick lead this one and I think he may lead them all - he is ok - I don't love him. The strength training was just biceps and triceps. And the workout outfits are really unattractive - neon colors and odd designs. But, it got me moving, I got some steps in and I worked my triceps...so, it wasn't a total loss. The 30 and 40 minute programs are scheduled for this week so I will probably do them as well.

Trifecta Pilates - Standing Pilates Class - just about how it sounds, LOL! a chair was used for support and as a prop for exercises.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis - 12 min routine - this was a good rebalance type routine.

Sherry - I hope you get good news about your DD's test soon! My neighbors do a pretty impressive fireworks display, too.

Waves, everyone.

Donna
Old 07-06-20, 11:40 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's you tube 30 Minute Total Body Strength Training for Sparks People. The schedule was this and a 15 minute cardio strength workout, or both upper and lower body from WS1 (70 minutes). I didn't think I could do all that in one day! I toyed with doing the 15 minute one tonight, but don't think I'll get it in. I really like this workout, it moves slow for beginners, so you can use heavier weights. Also, Jessica uses light weights for overhead moves, which is different from her usual strength workouts. I don't go higher than 5 pounds overhead, so this works well for me.

Donna, we haven't heard anything yet. But dd told me notification is 2-5 days. I thought just 2 days. Oh well! But the doctor told her she could stop quarantining today, if she had no symptoms, and she doesn't have any symptoms. Donna, I think I'm going to order Paula's Choice sunscreen SPF 50 for the body. Some people like it as a face sunscreen and it's $17 for 5 ounces, which is cheaper than most.
Old 07-07-20, 06:18 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been busy with the holiday and some family stuff so that's why I haven't been posting. I took a few days off from work and from working out, but I'm back at it today. I've decided to do Jessica's Get Strong rotation. I like that one and haven't done it lately, so it seems like a good choice. I plan to do it for this month and then I'll see what I feel like doing.

Sherry, I'm glad to hear your DD is doing well. I totally agree with that NPR article about young people. My niece was upset the other day about being stuck inside so I took her shopping and that really boosted her mood.

Donna, Did your DD visit with her friend?
Old 07-07-20, 07:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Trifecta Pilates - Freedom Flow Pilates
Your Daily Walk - 1 Mile Bonus Burn
Jessica Valent Pilates - Seated Arm workout

Sherry - I'm glad your DD still feels well - hopefully that means her test is negative!

wishiwasinhawaii - my DD did got to her friend's house and, I agree, I think the kids need to get out - possibly more than the adults.

Supposedly our schools will be 2 days on - 3 days at home, at least that is the plan for now. I hope my work schedule will be similar, I don't ever want to go back to full time in the office and, honestly, w/ everything going w/ COVID and possibly other viruses (apparently there is a pig virus and plague in China now! EEK!) why risk having people all together when stuff can be done remotely? Especially when they told us to continue using Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc. for meetings, even when in the office.

hope everyone has a good day,

Donna
Old 07-07-20, 07:37 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, I've heard rumors that they are going to do the same thing with the schools around here. At least your DD is going to be a senior so she'll only have to deal with it for that year, but my niece will only be a sophomore and she will not be having a normal HS experience at all if this continues.

The CEO of my company is going to make an announcement a week from now about what's happening with the office, so we'll see, but I totally agree with you that there is no reason for anyone who works in an office to go back. I believe it should be up to the individual to decide what is best for them, so I'm hoping that's what the CEO says. If not, I'm still not going back. Like you said, even when I was in the office, ALL of my meetings were on Zoom or Webex anyway, so there is NO reason to go back.

I hadn't heard about a pig virus and plague. This year is just horrible.
Old 07-08-20, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

"Leslie" - Walk-Run-Lift 30 Min Workout - this was better in terms of outfits and a bit more variety in the "lifting" sections.

Trifecta Pilates - 20 Min Bosu Flow - I enjoyed using my very much under-used BOSU in this workout. I think Beth/Trifecta's niche may be her workouts w/ "toys"

Oh - for "steps" last night I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes listening to the audio from Pahla B's 31 Day Challenge, Day 1 - I think I will try that program at some point...her messages are very encouraging and down to earth.

wishiwasinhawaii - Agreed, this year has been terrible....and yes, I'm glad my DD is going to be a senior and honestly, I think that schedule will suit her - she really hated HS and I think going in part time will be best for her. She has said that if things are not better by the time she is ready for college that she would rather take a gap year than have to deal with the "weirdness" of college - I mean, how are they going to social distance in dorms? She could take some classes locally and maybe work PT. She doesn't know what she wants to do anyway, so this maybe a good chance to figure it out. I'm also not sure that she is ready to go away - on the one hand, yes, but on the other hand, no. I think the transition to dorm life will be hard for her and it may not be a bad thing to postpone it a year or two.

waves, Sherry!!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 07-08-20, 02:31 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a rest day. I was so tired from the workout on Monday. I also watched a friend's little 4 year old girl on Monday, so that kept me on my toes too. I did do some errands yesterday, so was out of the house in the middle of the afternoon. It was 109 yesterday, I think the heat also wore me out.

I cleaned house this morning, then did Burn Fat and Have Fun-Ready Steady Go. That is one of my favorite low impact cardios. I was going to do a strength workout today, but I seemed to have strained my left forearm. I iced it, so it's feeling better now, but will wait until tomorrow for another strength workout. I think I strained it doing some wrist stretching exercises recommended on Instagram. Last time I do that!

I read someone posting that Pahla recommends waiting 72 hours between strength workouts? I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to do that, and limit my Jessica strength workouts to twice a week, perhaps adding in something lighter in between.

Nothing yet on dd. They called her yesterday, but she missed the call. She's trying to get in touch today, but can't get through. There is no way to leave a message, and she just stays on hold. Kind of annoying!

Donna, I read about the bubonic plague in China. On a positive note, I read that it can be treated by antibiotics, so that was a relief. The pig virus is alarming, but China is watching it closely. So far, it's confined to the pig farms. We've had those viruses here. I read that one year they had to kill thousands of chickens because of the bird flu. It seems that most of these viruses come through our meat production.
Old 07-09-20, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was - back to 'basics' for me-

Ellen - Skinny Sculpt

I will walk later and maybe stretch.

Last night I got on the TM for 30 minutes at a moderate/easy pace and listened to one of Pahla B's Fitness Matters (formerly Let's Run) podcasts. I find listening to her to be very motivating - not even just about fitness stuff but about life stuff as well. I listened to one about goal setting yesterday. It is all stuff we know, but need to be reminded of and to put into practice.

I have been mentally tired lately, I'm learning a lot of new things in my new job which is good - I had wanted to get broader experience. But, it is tiring and also somewhat frustrating b/c I like to know the answers and be the go-to person and I have to accept that right now, I'm not there - hopefully going through the full year cycle will help and by next year I'll be feeling more comfortable with things. Some things are outside of my comfort zone, but that is what I wanted....

And, my workplace is not good with training, it really is learn as you go and figure things out on your own. It really is something that is lacking there as I think it would pay to invest in training or mentoring among employees, it ends up being frustrating for everyone by not having these resources. Oh well. The good news is, the leadership in my new area is much more forgiving of mistakes and lack of knowledge than my last area - which expected perfection from day one with no training. Ugh.

Sherry - I'm not sure what Pahla recommends about resting between strength sessions, but it does make sense. From what I understand from her "talks" - after meno we don't recover as fast - so having more recovery time is necessary. You had a busy day - I can't imagine having a 4 year old running around, lol! Although my DD is getting a good dose of what it is like to deal w/ little kids at camp! I think the plague surfaces from time to time, even in the U.S.

wishiwasinhawaii - our board of ed is having a "town hall" next week, I may listen in to find out more about plans...my DD would be fine w/ going in 2X a week, I think she'd be just as happy. The only thing she would like to do at school is the play - this year she was going to be props manager. I hope they can have something of a theater program. Maybe even if they don't do anything "live" and just zoom it or something...

Hope everyone has a good day,

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong