Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-20, 11:39 PM  
Vantreesta

July 2020 Add 'em up Goals Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 11:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's July goals

1. Up by 7:00 AM (EC for getting up with alarm, no snooze)
2. In bed by 11:00 PM (EC available: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)

3. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week

4. PT rehab 3 days/week
5. Strength training 3 days/week
6. Pilates 2 days/week

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Run with Cyric

Max possible points: 142 (4.6 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 128 (4.1 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

July 1-5 pts (out of avg 23) ~ %
July 6-12 pts (out of avg 32) ~ %
July 13-19 pts (out of avg 32) ~ %
July 20-26 pts (out of avg 32) ~ %
July 27-31 pts (out of avg 23) ~ %

total for the month: /142 ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-26-20, 08:41 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's July Goals

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. 75 oz water
3. Daily Devotion
4. walk, dvd, or youtube, walk must be tracked with pedometer.
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Declutter: Puttering approach

Extra credit: 1 pt each
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip.
2. massage
Two Free Days!

Total Points Available: 186 Goal: 167

Total: 204 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 09:34 AM  
MathTeacher

July Goals

Drink water
Pilates by Lisa
Leslie
Weigh

July 1 - 100%
July 2 - 100%
July 3 - 100%
July 4 - 100%

July 5 - 100%
July 6 - 33%
July 7 - 100%
July 8 - 100%
July 9 - 100%
July 10 - 100%
July 11 - 100%

July 12 - 33%
July 13 - 100%
July 14 - 100%
July 15 - 100%
July 16 - 100%
July 17 - 33%
July 18 - 100%

July 19 - 100%
July 20 - 33%
July 21 - 100%
July 22 - 100%
July 23
July 24
July 25

July 26
July 27
July 28
July 29
July 30
July 31
Old 06-30-20, 04:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Only 6 goals this month, and I still probably won't hit 90%!

Old 07-01-20, 10:28 AM  
Leonana

I'm in. Don't really have goals other than exercise every day and eat healthy. I was off and on last month. I'm doing better this week.

I just thought of another one. Take my bp every day. I have severe white coat syndrome, and also anxiety about taking it at home. I have to use meditation to calm myself down before I take it at home. But after ten minutes of meditation, it was low! I am on bp medication, although there is some question whether I need it. My echocardiogram last October showed no signs of high bp. I'm trying to take it at home, and see if perhaps I can lower my medication. But a pandemic kind of threw that whole lower anxiety thing out the window, lol. I'm just thrilled it was low this morning.

And would appreciate prayers for my dd. A co-worker's roommate tested positive for the virus. DD worked closely with the co-worker. The co-worker doesn't have symptoms, nor has she been tested. DD doesn't have symptoms. Today, dd is going to try and find a place to get a test.
Old 07-01-20, 11:02 AM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, praying your daughter is covid-free and that the coworker isolates herself till she's tested. That's great that the meditation lowered your BP.

We spent the wknd with my father-in-law and got home Mon early evening. I somehow am completely off my game btwn staying an extra day and this stupid heat and humidity. Both days I have changed my morning routine to try to get our walk in before it was too hot, so walked a couple hours or so earlier than usual, which meant I didn't start the day with yoga then breakfast, and it was still too hot for Cyric to walk much more than a milec was with coaxing. I was supposed to run today but outside seems unbearable and now that it's already 11:00 I'm thinking I'll just shower and start in on housework and chores. I do want to get in yoga. I had a 13 day streak going but forgot to do any on Sunday and then it didn't happen Monday or yesterday either. Saturday I did walk 4.25 miles and then a little yoga on my own. Yesterday was deck brunch with friends in the morning and support group in the afternoon. This afternoon is chiro and evening is grief group. I hate it when I feel out of sorts and discombobulated, especially to start a new month!

Old 07-01-20, 06:07 PM  
Leonana

A mini-update. My dd has an appointment for a test on Friday. She has no symptoms at the moment.

Vannie, the co-worker is in quarantine I believe. Starbucks handled this really well. DD and the co-worker are getting paid for the two weeks off. The co-worker told Starbucks her roommate tested positive, and Starbucks had her and dd stay home for two weeks, even though they haven't been tested. Starbucks isn't requiring dd to get tested, but we wanted her to be tested since my husband is working too. I'm sorry you are out of sorts, and I hope your mood gets in sync soon. I'm glad you have time with friends and good support groups. I read your post on the June thread. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 07-01-20, 07:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I'm glad Starbucks was so good about dealing with it. Hopefully both girls stay well. Thanks for sympathizing. I didn't feel like doing the grief group tonight but I'm really glad I did. I'm feeling better than I did before it.

Old 07-02-20, 10:01 AM  
Vantreesta

I actually totaled my June points! First time in I don't know how long. I only got 79% but I'm pretty excited that I actually did the points!