Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-26-20, 07:31 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a half hour walk in the morning and the last workout of SOS (Stride and Strength Walk) which was a mix of weights and walking. This was one of Jessica's oldies. There was a lot of high rep work in this one. I counted 56 reps on some of the exercises!

Now that I've finished SOS, I'm not sure what I'll do next, but I'm going to take the next week off from anything structured and just do whatever I'm in the mood for on that day. I also am taking a few days off around 4th of July and just want to relax.

Donna, My nephew's virtual graduation ended up being an hour of teachers saying good-bye, a musical number, and photos of each kid in their caps and gowns. So it wasn't a graduation ceremony at all, but they are doing an in-person ceremony in early July that is just for the kids. No one else is allowed to attend due to COVID restrictions, but it will be live streaming so at least we can watch it. They are also having a prom in early August that will be staggered, meaning they'll have it at 4 different times and kids will sign up for the time they want. I'm not sure how enjoyable that will be, but I guess the school is doing the best they can under the circumstances. He is going to college locally at the same college his older brother goes to. The college hasn't said yet what is going to happen in the fall, so we'll see. Glad to hear your DD got a 90%!! I used to drive my nephews all over the place before they learned to drive. Part of me misses it, but like Sherry said, it does free up your time!

Sherry, Good news about your dentist visit! I have an appointment late in July but I'm not sure if I'll go. I'll see what's going on with the virus by then.

Waves!
Old 06-27-20, 09:51 AM  
donnamp

Everyone,

This morning I went with Leslie:

3 Fast and Fun Miles (I think that is the title?) It came with the Miracle Miles set. Anyway, it was a good low impact cardio workout for this morning.

I also did - Jessica Valent - Stretch for Tight Hips.

In theory, I was supposed to do the Prehab Routine from Walk Strong 1.0, but I wasn't in the mood for it. I may do it tomorrow. I figure Jessica V's routine counts as some prehab, lol!

wishiwasinhawaii - those sound like reasonable measures for the school to take. It is so hard for kids - especially those w/ milestone events. My DD drove herself to the barn again this morning so I had some free time to exercise, clean, etc. Aside from the worry,LOL, it is nice to have the extra time.

Sherry - looking forward to hearing about your skincare! LOL! I do like the Cerave acne cleanser - it seems to be clearing up my skin already! So, fingers crossed. I do like the Cerave Sheer Tint, it its a little dark for me, but it works w/ the Cerave Face Sunscreen SPF 50 which is like mime make-up. LOL!

I am on the last week of Calm & Strong. I may move on to Summer of Strength next, but I think I will add in 3 cardio days a week - I really need cardio since I sit all day long.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 03:02 PM  
Leonana

Today was You Tube Latin Spice Walk. I find that just yoga on the other days doesn't keep my weight down, I have to do cardio also. Although, Jessica does mention keeping your step count up on the rotation schedule. I enjoyed the walk, those dance moves get my heart rate up more than I expect! Even if I do have two left feet, lol.

I've been using more You Tube because it has closed captioning, which works pretty well. I've discovered my hearing aids work better when I don't wear them for a workout, because I sweat and the moisture impairs their function. I do put them in a container with one of those moisture sucking packets for electronics, and that helps a lot too. But I'll have to figure out how to use the dvd's without hearing them well. I usually can follow it pretty well by sight, but it's a bit harder for floor work. I need a wall mount for my tv/dvd player, so I can adjust it, even tilt it towards the floor. I think that would work.

Donna, I'm glad the CeraVe is working for you. My products from India shipped today, so crossing my fingers it won't take long.

wishiwasinhawaii, it sounds like the school is doing the best they can. That's great the kids can at least have some more time with each other, before they say goodbye.
Old 06-27-20, 09:21 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did a mile Jessica walk and also walked indoors. It was too humid and stormy to go outside. I'm still trying to decide what rotation to do next. Not sure yet.

Donna, Yeah, I think the schools are doing the best they can under the circumstances. I added cardio to SOS and it went well. I also sit a lot when I'm working and feel like I need that movement.

Sherry, I'm surprised they don't include closed captioning on DVDs. If you turn the volume way up, can you hear it when you're doing floor work?
Old 06-28-20, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went with another Leslie this morning -

Leslie - Belly Blasting Walk - or something of that nature. It was 2 miles and followed by ab toning on the floor afterwards - I always skip that part!

Jessica Valent - Celebrate Your Body- Pilates

I also need more cardio both b/c I sit all day and I also find it relaxing/calming - not HIIT, but steady state, like Leslie, outdoor walking, step, etc. is relaxing to me.

So, I think I may see a Leslie rotation in coming in my future - after I finish this week of Calm & Strong. I think Leslie mixed w/ Pilates, Yoga, etc. until I get bored. I may sign up for her Daily Walk App so I could try the run and lift programs....but we'll see. I also am a sucker for having some sort of a schedule to follow.

DD and I went to the eye glass place yesterday so she could get prescription sunglasses - masks are mandatory and they also took our temp and measured our oxygen level. I'm glad to see they are taking precautions. I think we're going to be stuck with this for awhile.

Sherry - those dance walks are fun! And I do need more cardio for both physical and mental health! Crazy question - but could you use blue tooth headphones when working out with the DVDs?

wishiwasinhawaii - Hot and humid here, too....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-28-20, 10:14 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went for a short walk outside this morning, but it was already very humid so I only walked for 10 minutes. I also did Total Body Tuneup from 6 Mile Mix. I'll probably do a walking workout later. I was looking at the Spring Ahead challenge on Jessica's website and it looks good, so I might do that next and then maybe I'll do the Walk Strong Master rotation.

Donna, I badly need new glasses and the optical places here opened last week, but I've been afraid to go. It's good to know the one you went to took precautions. I agree this isn't going away anytime soon so I'll probably have to just go and get it over with.

Waves, Sherry!
Old 06-28-20, 01:02 PM  
Leonana

Did some swimming yesterday evening at our friend's community pool. We were the only ones in the pool. Dh and I play card games with another couple on Saturday nights, and we swim afterwards. The wife and I go to Goodwill on Tuesdays. Fridays I started meeting again with friends for lunch, we hadn't met in three months. I probably shouldn't be socializing at all, but I'm at the point that my depression is going to get worse if I don't interact with people. I wish things were more clear cut (sigh). I do wear my mask as much as possible.

I'm planning on a short stretch or yoga this evening. I feel like I need a rest day.

Thanks both of you for the suggestions! Turning it up loud is an option, I can shut the door so it wouldn't bother my family. The problem is that because I hear some tones better than other, turning it up loud enough for comprehension is very jarring. As for bluetooth headphones, my hearing aids are my bluetooth for my IPhone, so I don't have regular bluetooth earbuds. I would have to buy them and the adapter, probably $50 total for the cheapest ones. And they both have to be charged, I'm not sure I want the inconvenience of more electronics to charge. The adjustable wall mount is $30, but after I looked at it online, I don't think it would tilt down enough for me to see it well.

So far, wearing the hearing aids is the best option. It's not just the moisture, but the oils and salt from the sweat that I'm worried about. I do get them serviced once a year, but I want to preserve the function for the entire year, if possible. I'm thinking I should find a headband that would keep the hearing aids away from the sweat on my head. And of course, place them in the container with the silicon gel desiccant for electronics, so they can dry out periodically. Off to look! ETA: Just ordered some workout headbands from Amazon. I chose these. https://www.amazon.com/SAMFAVO-Headb...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Thanks again for the suggestions. It helped me think it through!
Old 06-29-20, 06:15 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Late and fly by check in for me today:

Jessica Smith - WS 3.0 - Cardio Interval Sculpt. I used my 5's for both the heavy and light weight parts and it worked well. I followed Debbie for low impact. It wasn't as bad as I expected!

Jessica Smith WS 3.0 - 15 Min Strong stretch - to wrap up my morning!

Outdoor walk this evening.

I may be scarce for a few days - fiscal year end and ramp up to new FY this week. And, a short week, too, w Friday being a holiday!

Sherry - I hear you, it really is a delicate balance re: the isolation and the virus. You don't want to take any unnecessary risks, but you also have to "live" too. It is tough! My DD wants to go to a friend's house this weekend, and I'm on the fence - I'm inclined to let her go as they are going to be outside and at this point, my DD is working at the barn where there are more people than there would be at her friend's house. My DD also wants to apply for a job in retail at the mall so she can get paid more $$. Again, I don't want to stifle her and I think that would be a great experience for her, but I do worry about the virus, too. *sigh* Maryland, so far is on the decline of cases, but that could change at any time. And it only takes one person to infect more people and so on and so on...

wishiwasinhawaii - I was happy w/ the precautions the optical place took. Also, if you tried on frames they disinfected them w/ UV-C light. So that is good.

Donna
Old 06-29-20, 11:22 PM  
Leonana

Today was SOS Single Sided Strength from you tube. I used 5, 8 and 10 pounds. I also added in 5 Minute Standing Abs.

Today was grocery shopping. Costco and Walmart. I hadn’t been to either store in about a month. But I couldn’t put it off any longer. I did get some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Costco.

Donna, thanks for understanding! And it is hard with our kids too. My daughter is seeing her boyfriend, but they don’t see other people. At least I think that’s the case! I’m sure your daughter would do well at the mall, but I can certainly understood your hesitation. Yes, WS3 is pretty doable if you follow Debbie. I feel like I get a good workout.
Old 07-01-20, 07:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catch up:

Yesterday:

Jessica - Feel Good Fusion - Flow Cardio
Jill Miller - Quick Fix - 5 min neck, 5 min shoulders
Outdoor walk

Today:

Jessica - WS 1.0 Total Body
Yoga w/ Kassandra- 30 Day Morning Yoga - Day 4 - Neck and Shoulders (see a theme here, LOL!)

Sherry - I like Single Sided Strength! I also liked the WS Total Body workout this morning, it had been a long time since I did that one.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good day. Still busy at work..So sorry for the lack of personals!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong