Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-26-20, 02:59 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

Carol - can someone (like me!) who doesn't have a FB account listen in on Pahla's Q&As?

Donna
Donna, honestly I don't know; it's in a private group, so I'm guessing you have to have a Facebook log in. However, I don't know much about Facebook so I could be completely wrong.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 07:46 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 30 - 22 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Lower Body Tone - 10 minutes

I had hoped to get a walk in, but it was pretty darn hot last night, so I skipped it. I'll get one done this morning before it gets too toasty.

Pahla's workout was cardio tone - 20 second intervals, with [thankfully] 10 second rest intervals. There were 3 mini circuits of 3 moves, each repeated 3 times, followed by a finisher, a single-sided balance move repeated twice. You held light weights in your hands the entire time. My shoulders will be happy to not have to hold light weights in my hands above my head once I finish Pahla's rotation. I never realized how tough that was - it definitely influenced my weight choices for a workout.

Cheri - That workout is mis-named. It needs to be something like "Work Hard and Then Restore". Relax and Restore is too deceptive.

Donna - I need to figure out what I am doing in July. Repeat Pahla's 31 Day Challenge? Something entirely different?

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 06-27-20, 08:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Pahla Cardio Toning for Weight Loss - 25m
BBFit 5 Minute Lower Abs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q2l9Ec3KPs
BBFit 5 Minute Muffin Top https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CciTyk6OCg

Carol, the workout I did yesterday started with jumping jacks which I modified to low impact, but that was a warmup and the only impact exercise in the video.

Gotta run to the office today. Hi everyone!
Old 06-27-20, 09:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I went with Leslie:

3 Fast and Fun Miles (I think that is the title?) It came with the Miracle Miles set. Anyway, it was a good low impact cardio workout for this morning.

I also did - Jessica Valent - Stretch for Tight Hips.

In theory, I was supposed to do the Prehab Routine from Walk Strong 1.0, but I wasn't in the mood for it. I may do it tomorrow. I figure Jessica V's routine counts as some prehab, lol!

Dana - nice workouts, I like Bailey, too. Can't beat the beach scenery.

Carol - I'm still deciding what to do - Maybe Summer of Strength - but I will add 3 days of cardio in as well. I just cant avoid cardio since I sit all day AND I find workouts like the one I did today to be relaxing.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 12:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post
Waves to everyone!

Thanks everyone about the Pahla information! Is she a runner by any chance? Her workouts seem fairly short, but I guess she sticks to her eating plan.

~Beth
I asked Pahla about her running in yesterday's Q & A. She says that she doesn't run as much as she used to, which makes sense since she is the queen of moderate workouts these days. About 3 miles a day, 5 days a week, is all she runs, just because she loves running.

Carol
Old 06-27-20, 11:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I asked Pahla about her running in yesterday's Q & A. She says that she doesn't run as much as she used to, which makes sense since she is the queen of moderate workouts these days. About 3 miles a day, 5 days a week, is all she runs, just because she loves running.

Carol
She's right when she says what's "moderate" for her is not moderate for others. And vice-versa. Running 3 miles/day 5 days/week which she says she does, is not very moderate for me. Then, she films her youtube workouts on top of it, right? Nope, not a moderate exercise routine for me at all.
Old 06-28-20, 07:30 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
She's right when she says what's "moderate" for her is not moderate for others. And vice-versa. Running 3 miles/day 5 days/week which she says she does, is not very moderate for me. Then, she films her youtube workouts on top of it, right? Nope, not a moderate exercise routine for me at all.
This absolutely would not be moderate for my body either. On the other hand, if I had been running ultra-marathons for years, maybe it would be. Pahla's message - figure out what's moderate for you and do it. Don't think you always have to do more, more, more.

Carol
Old 06-28-20, 07:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were:

Walk - 20 minutes (before it got hot);
Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 31 - 22 minutes;
FittBe Pilates - Light Mat in 16 - 16 minutes & Stretching Session 3 - 8 minutes

Pahla's workout for Day 31 was the type of hers that I like the least - straight up walking. I ended up jogging for much of it and that felt better on my hip flexors, etc. Later in the evening it did not feel better on my bum ankle. So although I'm technically done with the 31 Day Challenge, I'm not finished (to borrow Pahla's phrasing). I will go back and pick up Day 24 which I skipped last week because I took a rest day. Then, who knows. I still have weight to lose, so I'll probably stay with this type of workout.

FittBe Pilates - this is actually a iPad/iPhone app. It was one of the first pilates apps I ever found way back in the day - it's taught by a youngster (Kira) - filmed outside, in her home, lakeside, oceanside, generally with quiet music in the background. It is now a subscription app (about $12 a month) with a significant discount for a yearly subscription. Kira is/was a dancer. She used to provide a weekly schedule, but I am not seeing that with the new app format. One thing I do like about the format is that you can click a checkmark button when you finish a workout and it adds that workout to your exercise diary. One reason I resubscribed is that she has a fair number of short stretching segments, and I always need to add a stretch. There are probably 100 or so videos on the app, and she adds new stuff regularly. Light Mat in 16 was about half to 2/3s focused on corework, and the last 5 or 6 minutes were focused on arm work with light weights. She also has a Barre app for a separate subscription fee, although you can sample some of her barre workouts on the pilates app.

Donna - Nice job! Glad we always have Leslie to fall back on. Totally mindless movement for sure. I looked at Jessica's Summer of Strength rotation and decided against it because there wasn't enough cardio for me - but adding in 3 days of Leslie would work just fine.

Dana - Thanks for the info on Bailey Brown's workout - she's on my list to try.

Enjoy your Sunday ~

Carol
Old 06-28-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went with another Leslie this morning -

Leslie - Belly Blasting Walk - or something of that nature. It was 2 miles and followed by ab toning on the floor afterwards - I always skip that part!

Jessica Valent - Celebrate Your Body- Pilates

Carol - good job for finishing the rotation! Pahla's advice seems pretty sound - and yes, I suppose if I trained for marathons, running 15 miles a week would be cutting back, LOL! And, i think she films at least two workouts a week for You Tube....I need cardio both b/c I sit all day and I also find it relaxing/calming - not HIIT, but steady state, like Leslie, outdoor walking, step, etc. is relaxing to me. Fitbe sounds interesting.

So, I think I may see a Leslie rotation in coming in my future - after I finish this week of Calm & Strong. I think Leslie mixed w/ Pilates, Yoga, etc. until I get bored. I may sign up for her Daily Walk App so I could try the run and lift programs....but we'll see. I also am a sucker for having some sort of a schedule to follow.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 06:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 24 - 22 minutes;
FittBe Pilates - Back2Basics - 23 minutes

Day 24, which I had skipped earlier, was a low impact cardio endurance workout - 45 second intervals, no rest. Whew!

Despite being called "Back2Basics", this workout had some exercises that I wasn't entirely familiar with. Kira does not always cue as much as she should.

Probably no walk tonight - it's 98 degrees out there right now.

Donna - Nice job! I like having everything all laid out for me - Leslie's app is nice that way and it isn't expensive. I wasn't crazy about the new workouts that came out - I think I signed up for the app back in the depths of the quarantine.

Texas is shutting things down again. For now, we are safe up here in the Panhandle, but I'm sure that will not last. People - especially young people - are not wearing masks and they are not social distancing. At least they closed the bars back down and lowered restaurant occupancy to 50%. That will help a little.

Carol