Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-20, 03:43 PM  
IceQueen07

Punching Bag Workouts

Other than Cathe and KCM - any other instructors have dvds with routines to follow using a punching bag. I am finding that i really enjoy using the punching bag.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 04:28 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

The Addiction workout set uses a heavy bag throughout. Mary sells it at Total Fitness. If you can wait for her next sale, it’ll be cheaper.

You may be able to adapt some kickboxing workouts to punching the bag and kicking the bag instead of just the air. I don’t have a bag myself so it’s just a thought. I don’t know if it would work.

I also think Amy Bento has a bag segment at the end of Rumble or In The Ring but I might have the workout wrong. I’m sure someone here will correct me.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 05:49 PM  
Vantreesta

There are some old TaeBo workouts that you can do with the bag. Billy used a different kind of bag that reminded me of those sand-bottomed wobble things we had as kids, but I used my wave bag. I think they were called TaeBo Contact 1 and 2. I can't remember if mine are DVD or VHS.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 04:45 AM  
IceQueen07

Thanks for the suggestions. The Addiction Workout set is expensive. Wonder if it is worth the money. Only found 1 clip on You Tube. Anyone use this set?

**Candice**
Old 05-16-20, 05:06 AM  
Erica H.

I use these CDs a lot with my heavy bag. https://www.amazon.com/BAS-RUTTEN-MM...s%2C315&sr=8-6

Nate Bower on youtube does a lot: https://www.youtube.com/user/NateBowerFitness

I think this channel has some heavy bag workouts, but I've never done them. https://www.youtube.com/user/IntensityX3Boca/featured

You could probably find quite a few on youtube just by searching heavy bag. Have fun! I love my heavy bag!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 08:53 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Amy Bento had a bag workout on at least one of her kickboxing DVD's. I'm drawing a blank on it, though.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 09:18 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Amy Bento had a bag workout on at least one of her kickboxing DVD's. I'm drawing a blank on it, though.
Amy Bento has a bag workout in her DVD Rumble.

I enjoy the Addiction Fitness workouts. They have a nice variety of moves and a good mix of lower body and upper body moves. I purchased the set when they were first released. i think that Mary at Total Fitness carries them. You may want to wait until the set is on sale.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 09:32 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I use these CDs a lot with my heavy bag. https://www.amazon.com/BAS-RUTTEN-MM...s%2C315&sr=8-6

Nate Bower on youtube does a lot: https://www.youtube.com/user/NateBowerFitness

I think this channel has some heavy bag workouts, but I've never done them. https://www.youtube.com/user/IntensityX3Boca/featured

You could probably find quite a few on youtube just by searching heavy bag. Have fun! I love my heavy bag!

Erica
Lol, I came here to post exactly all of these! The IntensityX3Boca channel is fun, and something else to add to the mix. There are so few heavy bag workouts out there that I try to mix them all in.

Bas Rutten and the Addiction set remain my favorites, though!
Old 05-16-20, 09:43 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. The Addiction Workout set is expensive. Wonder if it is worth the money. Only found 1 clip on You Tube. Anyone use this set?
You can definitely get a better price during a TotalFitnessDVDs sale. You could message Mary there and see if she plans on having it as a deal of the day any time soon, and she may put it on there and give you a heads up. Otherwise, maybe ask when her next sale will be. Also, there is a long clip on her site: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/sea...iction&Submit=

I bought this set waaaaay back when they had a bundle that included the DVDs, a Wavemaster punching bag, and a pair of gloves for about $180. I think this was almost 10 years ago. I still use the DVDs a ton, and really need to get a backup set, so let me know if you hear anything about a sale 😉 I like the pace of the workouts and that she incorporates different exercises using the bag. She's not a professional boxer, so the form isn't always perfect from her or the backgrounders, so keep that in mind. But I feel like a lot of boxing/kickboxing workouts led by fitness instructors vs. boxers or martial artists are usually lacking in the form department. But you can still get a great workout! The DVDs aren't wildly different from one another, but to me the set is still absolutely worth it, especially if you can grab it on sale.
Old 05-16-20, 12:04 PM  
IceQueen07

THanks everyone. I will check out those sites. I will also email Mary to see about an upcoming sale.

**Candice**

Tags
addiction, boxing bag, boxing workouts, heavy bag, punching bag