Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-12, 09:14 PM  
Sharaz

Ropix Jumping Shoes

I used my Ropix shoes today http:////www.ropixshoe.com/for the 1st time with Michael Olajide Savage + Serene workout. The shoes are great and get the job done I kept a nice pace with the rope and my legs were not fatigue as before. Also, I want to highlight that my toes are hurt from doing Capoeira barefoot this week. I had bandaids on my toes to treat the blisters I got and honestly nothing hurt during the workout.

I think this shoes are perfect for jump rope, ropeless jump, plyometrics, and other high impact workouts were you land on the ball of your feet. The shoes had extra cushion specifically on the front. Not sure how they were works with something else, but who knows.

In summary thumb up! I felt I was bouncing in the air
Old 04-13-12, 02:57 PM  
Tiny

Sweet! Thanks for the great feedback! I have yet to find a shoe that cushions well for the balls of my feet (the only part that starts to hurt after too much plyo moves). These may be just the ones!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:04 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Do you feel like you're walking uphill? Can they be used for other cardio as well?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:17 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Do you feel like you're walking uphill? Can they be used for other cardio as well?
For walking hills I think they may be ok. Running will need more support, I guess for the ones that are not into minimalist running.

Like I said if you feel that you are using the ball of the foot mainly during your workout, the shoes will be perfect. Look at the picture of the sole at the web, so you see the extra cushion in that particular area.

What I'm going to do, is walking uphill on the treadmill on Saturday because I have more free time, and let you know if it work

ETA: Click at the Technology tap to look at the picture.
Old 11-02-18, 07:33 PM  
Sharaz

OLD THREAD ALERT!!!!

My original shoes lasted 3 years. I went to look for a new pair later on but the company was crowdfunding or something like that.

So, the high top version is available again and I’m awaiting delivery. Best shoes ever for plyo and rope jumping. I’m following Tracey BOOTCAMP Met Con and Strengh workouts at this moment with tons of plyos. I also incorporated rope jumping again. Regular Nike crosstrainers are killing me. Highly recommended.

Tags
cordless jump rope, high impact, jump rope, jumping, michael olajide, ropix, shoes, tracey staehle