Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-14, 09:40 AM  
Bebop

Charlene extreme veterans

Hi - I'm about to start CLX for the first time! (thanks to a generous VFer).

Did anyone incorporate more cardio than the original rotation?

How did you do it and what workouts did you use?

I need to lose some weight (not much but scale is creeping up) and I don't feel there is enough cardio in the rotation for me.

I have the turbofire set and lots of Cathe and Cardio Coach too. Thanks.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 01:05 PM  
Cafelattee

I haven't used the set a in few years. I didn't' like the cardio that came with the set. I used Turbo Fire for the cardio.

My usual routine was to do a TF hiit workout on the same days as the weight workout. I the did the regular TF workouts 3 days a week. I did this and shed major fat.

I still do the same routine using Cathe workouts. I add a hiit 15 or hiit 20 before I do weight training.. It seem to put my body on fat burning fire.

I now do Cathe hiit which are way harder LOL but I wouldn't' dare do hers on the same day I do weights. Its for stand along cardio day.

THe only negative I can say which is totally for me is my shoulders got to big and my shirt sleeves were getting to tight. I think others have said that it is heavy in shoulder work. I still liked my result but feel that Cathe workouts give me a better over all physic KWIM
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 01:15 PM  
ADoll

I followed the original rotation and didn't add any extra cardio. I got great results (lost 10 lbs) just following the rotation.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 01:25 PM  
alydinva

I followed the rotation calendar, but used whatever cardio I wanted (TF, Cathe, etc.) as I didn't care for the CLX cardio. I didn't add additional cardio to the strength days. Have fun!
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 01:40 PM  
Bebop

Thanks. As I'm aging I find I need more cardio to keep things in the right place.
Old 02-15-14, 03:22 PM  
muddjeansgal

I used the Turbo Jam workouts (they had not come out with Turbo Fire yet). I also didn't like the cardio that came with the system. I was already lifting heavy with the program and did not want to do any weights on cardio days.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 03:48 PM  
Bebop

I will be modifying as I have this wierd arm pain between my shoulder and elbow that is just lingering. I can't do pushups anymore (oh how sad NOT).

I haven't tried the cardio that came with the set but I love turbofire! Ofcourse, I can never go more than three weeks without doing a Cathe so I like the idea of using her Hiit workouts too.

I did Burn circuit 1 today and even modifying I felt tired after so I don't think I'll add cardio after. I think I'll take out one rest day and make that cardio.

It was harder than it looked on preview. I've been doing mostly Cathe and Joyce so this was very different for me.

We shall see. I'm so not good at sticking with rotations. This should be fun.
Old 02-15-14, 09:58 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I love CLX and lost 30 lbs following the rotation as is. I used the cardio, but not the yoga. I did it twice to lose the weight. My sister and I did CLX for probably 2 years. She wouldn't do anything else. Honestly I watched what I ate which made a big difference. I did not add any other cardio cuz I don't like cardio. I think you can do any cardio you like as long as it is intense enough. I'd like to add I am a great modifier and have thought of ways that many instructors have not. I also have crappy elbows and did planks instead of push ups 90% of the time. When I'm not lazy I will revisit this program again. I'd like to try using bands for the whole thing cuz of elbows. Have fun and good luck! PS Lean is hard and worth it.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-14, 12:23 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

I also followed the rotation but subbed in different cardio on the cardio days for variety. I lost my excess baby weight from doing P90X. I remember when I started the program I was worried there wasn't enough cardio for weight loss (it was 2 days per week) but I lost all my baby weight.

Tags
clx