Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-19, 06:34 PM  
manleym

Linda and Leah

So I'm starting to explore more of Linda Wooldridge and Leah Sarago workouts and am wondering - what is the main difference between their styles? It seems like they are both high-rep, low weight, barre-ish type workouts. TIA for any input!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 10:49 PM  
fatkat555

I can not compare because I have not done Linda’s workouts. I will say I love 💕 Leah Sarago. I have her streaming and she has a ton of content on her site.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 12:26 AM  
prettyinpink

Leah Sarago’s streaming also has a lot of workouts that use heavier weight and lower reps, some combined with barre-inspired exercises too.

It’s been a while since I looked at Linda Wooldridge’s newer workouts. She really has a variety and seems to do a bunch of different things, not all of them similar to barre style. It seems like she must have a lot more content recorded than Leah does. I do have a few barre of hers that I like and still do. So to compare those workouts vs. Leah’s Ballet Body light weight or no weight workouts, it is probably just personal preference. I prefer Leah because I feel less rushed and can execute movements with better form on her cueing. It feels like there are fewer reps but I work at least as hard or harder. YMMV.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 01:01 PM  
manleym

Thank you both so much for the replies! I like both of them and Linda has a bunch on YT, but I guess with Leah I'll have to stream or download. I have her upper and lower body Ballet Body and really like them. That's what got me curious. I appreciate the responses!
Old 08-31-19, 07:52 AM  
casey

I have done both and like them for different reasons.

Leah doesnt talk too much and is more matter of fact let's get to business. Her downloads imo are different from her dvds. They are more flexible and varied for mixing and matching. When Leah tells you that you will feel this in X spot that's precisely where you feel it. She is such a pro and on a whole different level. Incredible instructor but not warm and fuzzy friendly. I'm in awe of her ability to instruct though.

Linda has an unbelievable range of downloads and dvds. She is extremely responsive to any emails and very talkative in her workouts. She has a lot of variety. She's more fun to do imo.

However i do feel that Leah is so expert in skill level bc she's so precise in her instruction. Shes unbelievably good at it. But Linda is more fun.

Hth Casey

I just want to add that I have both of Leah's Periodization systems and there is such a wealth of material in them. I don't know how she did it. I feel they were totally worth the money.

I have probably 10 Linda dvds and downloads. They are hit or miss and some are overkill (floorwork) and some are very good. She gives you a ton of material for your money.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 12:35 PM  
manleym

Thank you so much for the information Casey! I've been buying Linda's downloads when they are on sale. They're really hard to pass up because they're such great deals. Does Leah ever have sales on her downloads? I guess I'll need to check her website. Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-31-19, 01:57 PM  
prettyinpink

Unfortunately, I don’t think Leah sells downloads anymore. Except for her few that are also DVDs.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 02:19 PM  
manleym

Durn. I looked at her site a minute ago and I didn't see any option for buying downloads. Looks like she has a few dvds and streaming. Thanks for the help!

Tags
leah sarago, linda wooldridge