Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-18, 12:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Awww, thanks Loriann and AsSweetAsSugar! I took a couple of years off from running but missed it. Feels good to be back to it again (even though I'm run/walking now).
You're welcome Kathy! I think the most important is to have fun and do what you enjoy!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 02:04 PM  
shannonb

Hi Kathy,
Congrats on your half marathon! I am just a little behind you in the 80 day Obsession schedule, since I just finished Day 6, Cardio Flow, which nearly killed me (and is a complete misnomer IMHO, since Flow always meant more gentle to me).

I will be following your journey as a warning for what's to come! (I am not dreading the 3 sets that are waiting for me next week)

Cheers,
Shannon
shannonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 06:37 PM  
MARIKA

I finished the rotation and would def do it again. I can see so much change in my body. I think the sliders were a major game changer for me. It did what it said it would do. I think the comments I got from other people made me really take notice.I started PX2 but after I will do another round.
Old 04-19-18, 10:56 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

AsSweetAsSugar, I totally agree! I missed the endorphin high and feeling of accomplishment when I crossed the finish line.

Shannon, that's awesome! I'm so glad to have another VFer doing it at the same time! We can commiserate together, lol! Oh my, now you have me thinking I will wait until next week to make up for the missing Cardio Flow from last week. I'll do it as scheduled on Saturday and then figure out where to fit it in next week. I previewed it and when I saw all the sweat pouring off all of them, I figured it wasn't going to be easy (like the name implies!)

Marika, your awesome results inspired me to give it another try! I'm so proud of you! I think you're right about the sliders, they are more challenging than they look! Good luck with PX2, please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Day 11: AAA - Time: 55 Minutes

Each exercise is done for 10 reps and there are three rounds.

Equipment: Weights (light, medium, heavy), Resistance Loops (yellow, green, blue), Sliders, Mat (optional).

The workout is done in a 1 count concentric (contraction) – 1-2-3 count eccentric (negative) for all the moves.

The exercises are the same but she changed up the "knee plank heel push with slider" to an "all fours, band around knees, back press" which was a little more challenging (I think, I can't remember last weeks move, lol!)

Autumn did a demo of each exercise in round one, FLEW through round two, and then kind of started taking "pep talk" breaks during round three. Since I knew the moves already, I kept going while she was talking and finished up. I started ten minutes later than I planned so I was rushing through my morning routine after!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 11:53 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Forgive me if this has already been asked...

So there are repeat exercises from time to time but is it new footage?

Thanks!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 12:09 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Forgive me if this has already been asked...

So there are repeat exercises from time to time but is it new footage?

Thanks!
Kate - Yes, each of the 80 days is new footage they filmed (but each phase has the same warm up and exercises). Autumn changes up the workouts by doing different rep patterns, heavier weights, and sometimes sequencing the exercises differently. At least that's what I've seen so far!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 04-19-18, 01:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Kate - Yes, each of the 80 days is new footage they filmed (but each phase has the same warm up and exercises). Autumn changes up the workouts by doing different rep patterns, heavier weights, and sometimes sequencing the exercises differently. At least that's what I've seen so far!
Thank you so much...I'm liking what I'm hearing with this series..I'm just not sure if I can do nothing but Autumn for 80 days. LOL

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 10:11 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Thank you so much...I'm liking what I'm hearing with this series..I'm just not sure if I can do nothing but Autumn for 80 days. LOL
I didn’t think I could either but I have really enjoyed it. I just finished Phase 3 today and will be doing PeakWeek next week! Her crew is so much fun and really add a lot of interest for me. I found Autumn to be very real and I liked that sometimes she had harder days just like me.

I confess that I did sneak in a couple of Cathe’s in place of Cardio Flow and a couple weeks I skipped Cardio Flow altogether because I just couldn’t fit six days of exercise into my week. I have done every other routine in its entirety though and am extremely pleased with the results. I really, really wish I had taken before pictures.

Also, I feel that she moves faster between exercises in Phases 2 and 3 (or maybe I just needed more rest ).
Lori
Old 04-20-18, 09:47 AM  
savvychica4

I finished 80 day last week and had a great experience! I wasn't so sure about the series when I first started (it starts a little on the slow side and Autumn is very chatty)...however, I am so glad that I stuck with it. The series does progress and get harder. If you are doing the system correctly, you should be increasing your weights (and the strength of your bands) from week to week. I did not follow the meal plan, but I did do all 80 workouts faithfully -- which is impressive in itself for me...haha! As someone who started off a bit disappointed with the series I am so glad that I stuck it out because I ended up seeing amazing results with the program! My plan was to give my body a little bit of a break (and to revisit some of my other favorite workouts) before jumping into another round of the program, but I'm already missing 80 days so much! I think I am going to start Round 2 next week.

Like others I was not a fan of Autumn going into this program. I had tried some of her other programs in the past and could never really get into them. However, Autumn and her cast are so authentic in this series that you can't help but love them all by the end of the 80 days. I love that they let the cast really show their personalities in this series vs being the quiet, smiling faces in the background (like you see in most workout videos).

And I know some folks have been concerned about boredom with this series because of the fact that the exercises only change with each phase. I was initially disappointed when I discovered this as well, but as you get into the program you quickly realize that by changing the rep patterns and sequencing the workouts do feel different from week to week. You're body will definitely not feel bored with the exercises if you are increasing your weights from week to week either! The only workout that does get a little stale over the 80 days IMHO is Cardio Flow. However, week after week I forced myself to do it because I knew all the body weight moves in this workout were a good complement to all the weight work from the other workouts. However, plenty of people have subbed other preferred cardio workouts in for that workout and still had great results from the program.

Have a great day everyone!
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 10:43 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate, I hear you! 80 Days of only Autumn is the hardest part for me. I'm already missing Cathe Live! Of course Cathe has done a couple of great ones since I started 80DO, lol!

Loriann, that is GREAT that you're going into PeakWeek! Bravo for sticking it out through the entire program!!! I agree, her backgrounders each have their own personality and I like that a lot! Donald is my favorite so far. I'm going to try Cardio Flow tomorrow and if I really don't like it (seems to be people either love it or hate it, lol) then I may sub a couple of Cathe Live Metabolic or Cardio workouts instead. Now you have me wondering what phase 2 and 3 have in store!

Savvychica4, that is so AWESOME!!! Yay, I'm so proud of you for finishing! The meal plan as written for the program was just something I couldn't commit to doing either. I'm so happy to hear that you had amazing results by just completing the workouts and following your own nutrition! I agree, the daily filming adds a different aspect to the program because you feel like they are doing it right along side you. I think that makes it feel like a different workout every day. Cudos to you! Please check in when you start round 2 next week, I'm enjoying the posts from fellow VFers doing the program!

Day 12: Legs - Time: 52 Minutes

Each exercise is done for 10 reps and there are three rounds.

Equipment: Weights (heavy, medium, and light)

Same exercises as Day 5 but Autumn increased the weights. She was mainly using 25 lbs., 20 lbs., and 15 lbs. But she used one 12 lb. weight for the Buddha Squats and she had to drop down to one 35 lb. weight for the Sumo Squats the last round because her grip strength just wasn't happening. I felt for her, I've been there where my lower body is stronger than the weights I can hold!

I maintained the same weights through all three sets (the same as Autumn's first set). But I'm not going to lie, my hands were getting tired too!!! Oh, and I was actually able to do all three sets of the Buddha Squats without modifying like last week. I think I was more afraid of an injury so close to the half marathon (or the muscles surrounding my knees are getting stronger!)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal