Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-13, 07:32 PM  
rhbrand

Anyone else want muscles?

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out here who wants muscles and lots of them.

Seems like many here want the thinner, "Tracy Anderson" look, and hey, if that's what you want, more power to you. You got to look the way you want to look!
Me, I love the fitness competitor look. Or maybe the figure competitor look. And I want as much muscle as I can pack on, cause I know as I age, I'm going to lose it. And I also want to be STRONG! Cause when I'm 100, I want to still weight train, and more important, pick my butt up off the toilet without help.

Right now, I'm lifting on my own, taking moves and exercises from several different books I've got.

So who else wants muscles?
Old 06-06-13, 07:35 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Moi. Wish I could get more.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:38 PM  
Sissy B

I love having muscles. I need to start weight training again.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:38 PM  
hypnomoon

I like the larger, muscular look like KCM rather than the stringy arms of Madonna and her trainer.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:41 PM  
ktlc
VF Supporter

I recently saw Angela Bassett as Tina Turner in "What's Love Got To Do With It". Wow!!! The arms on that woman!! She was ripped. I want to look like that!

"The body achieves what the mind believes" - Unknown
ktlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:44 PM  
Tiny

For like EVER! I have a "soft" build, love to lift but you can't tell because it's so hard for me to gain muscle and show it. Plus, my eating is 100% clean either. But whatever......I love the look of Rachel Cosgrove. I also like the look of Jamie Clampitt from Empower Boxing Bootcamp DVD.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:54 PM  
CharM

Hell yes. I posted a pic once (somewhere else) and I was told I looked "long and lean" (I'm 5'3" or so, I don't look very long. lol) but I want to look muscular, dammit. I don't know what to do to get bigger muscles. rhbrand, would you mind sharing what you're doing? Maybe just a sample workout if it's not too much trouble.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 08:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
And I want as much muscle as I can pack on, cause I know as I age, I'm going to lose it. And I also want to be STRONG! Cause when I'm 100, I want to still weight train, and more important, pick my butt up off the toilet without help.

Right now, I'm lifting on my own, taking moves and exercises from several different books I've got.

So who else wants muscles?
Well while I would like to have some more muscle, I also want to lose some of the fat covering them. I don't have a desire to be "skinny" (as if )

Like you I really want to be STRONG and remain so into old age. Right now I am deadlifting just over 1.5 times my body weight and my goal is to get to 2X body weight. I also really want to do an unassisted chin/pull up.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 08:11 PM  
bee1forfitness

I want them..I'm thin right now, not skinny I'm 5'10 and working on getting muscle like Zuzana, and Debbie S (I know it's okay to dream) I love the way muscle make women look - strong and confident. Hoping I'll get them doing Deltafit
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 08:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I do! I had some nice muscles several years ago, then for some reason, I started doing more cardio than strength workouts, and I lost some muscle tone. I felt weaker, too.

Now, for the past few weeks I started concentrating again on strength workouts - about 4 x week, and I have to say that I'm already feeling stronger and leaner. Maybe I'm not looking it yet, but I certainly feel stronger!

Tags
college dorm workout, joyce vedral, muscle building, muscles equal sexy, workout space