Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-02, 12:22 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

Like almost everyone else has said, if I don't do it in the morning, I won't do it. I get up at 430 every M - F, and start working out by 440, finishing at around 545. I am in bed between 9-930 every night, except for Wed, where I can't get in bed until 11. Thursday mornings are rough, so I save the simpler choreographic cardio for Thursdays.

If I go to the trouble of putting out the step, dumbbells, shoes, gloves, ankle weights, barbells, etc. the night before, I can't stand to see it in the morning if I don't use it! I also make it NOT AN OPTION to change my mind in the morning. I sometimes decide before I go to bed that I won't get up to workout in the morning if it is very late, or if something has changed the schedule, but once that alarm is set at 430, it is going to get me up.

I also plan out my rotations in advance by several weeks, so if I mess up the plan, I have to rethink the entire thing. I'd rather just stick with the rotations as planned.

Good luck. The sunrise alarm clock sounds like something I might try next winter.

Sandi M
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flylady, morning exercise, motivation, workout time of day