Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-24-20, 05:58 PM  
sherry7899

Hi, Kate!

I did the "no epuipment" stretch from Cathe's Stretch Max.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:04 PM  
cyana

Today:
Holden 2.10.2020 class (which was actually a "classic" class from 2.11.2019, as Lee was away teaching) - with a focus on getting rid of dampness and cold and I'm all for that this long, wet winter!

I worked out without a dressing again and decided I'd see how I'd do working without one. It was weird, but I managed to get through the day with Ol' Scabby open to air. I'll probably pop a band-aid on for sleep, to be on the safe side.

Sherry - Happy Almost Birthday!! Woo hoo on that impressive step count!!!

Pat - I'll bet the ospreys will be back before you know it. My bird bush (the very large viburnum bush outside my office window) has been bird central. Those little critters have no clue how often they distract me from work. Now if I could just sit in front of the window with my trusty field guide so I could identify a couple of recent arrivals that I don't recognize.

Waves to Kate. I love it when a tough practice has great prep work. Even if I never achieve the pinnacle pose, seeing how far I'm progressing along the path makes it all worthwhile.

Pam - Hooray that you got any potential infection headed off at the pass. Sounds like you're making good progress.

Need to run - I was going to work this evening, but decided to blow that off, as I need to pay some bills and other fun and exciting chores. Then I'm going to hit the sack early and read until I get sleepy.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 03:38 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Upper Body Mini Band W/O (YT) - I felt this one!
~ETV: Meg’s Butt Toning
~ETV: Express Posture - always a fave
~Waikiki walk

This afternoon I met up with fellow VFer Jeannine aka bzar for coffee & a visit. We met a few years ago and it was nice to catch up and talk fitness with someone who gets my addition to videos and my revolving door of gadgets & equipment, lol. Jeannine is awesome and I so enjoyed reconnecting!

Kate - Nice work on the handstand prep! I can’t do them because of my cranky wrists, but I do love being upside down on my headstand bench.
ETA My niece and her partner are in Bali right now assisting Eoin Finn in YTT there. I’ve been following them on FB & IG & it looks like pretty amazing experience! They both did their YTT with Eoin in Tofino on Vancouver Island.

Sherry - Very nice step count!

Pat - I hope you successfully sorted out your Moan-day pile! The food here has been very good, lots of yummy poke, one of my favorite things. And a few mai tais of course.

Cyana - Yay for a bandage free day!

Waves to all!
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! And...

Happy Birthday Sherry!

Are your guys planning anything special for you?

Pam, good to hear you are enjoying the grub in Hawaii. How fun that you got to meet up with Bzar!! I hope your toe continues to improve.

Cyana, good news about Old Scabby's freedom. Your birds must appreciate your generosity, I bet the viburnum is beautiful.

Kate - wahoo on your handstand!

Oh yes - I took advantage of YogaGlo for a restorative practice. Thirty Minute Decompressor with Mark Holzman. It was a nice backbending practice. Later I let Rod Stryker lull me to sleep with a yoga nidra, Return to Joy.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 12:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday Sherry!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 02-25-20, 04:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!!!!! I hope you have been having a wonderful day!!

Brief checkin. Today's Yoga was from Power Yoga online. I picked a Rudy practice called Triple Twists. Really REALLY felts great! Just a nice slow warmup and then a bunch of delicious twists. My back always feel so good after a twisting class!!

Back later. You all are amazing and inspire me!!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 05:42 PM  
sherry7899

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Old 02-26-20, 02:31 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aloha yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~ETV: Gail’s Express Waist Toning
~Walkabout Waikiki
~Sound healing restorative yoga class - I love going to yoga classes when I travel. This was lovely & gentle with a long savasana with singing bowls and bells. It was so relaxing and the sound bath vibration from the bowls & bells was incredible.

Sherry - I hope you had a wonderful day!

Kate - I love twisty practices!

Pat - Your practices sound lovely, right up my alley!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 02-26-20, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Lunch Walk;
~ Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox
~ Sarah Beth 20 Minute Bedtime Yoga for Lower Back Pain & Sciatica

I absolutely sucked at the kickboxing. I once had a Janis Saffel DVD - Strike Zone???? If I recall correctly that one had a good kickboxing tutorial. I focused on the KB moves using a dumbbell, and gingerly modified the kickboxing so as not to throw my back out. I'll check Youtube for Janis or another tutorial video.

I've got to get back to Transcript Land. It one of the worst recordings I've ever had and frustrating me to no end.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 08:44 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, Les Mills has a kickboxing series on you tube. They increase in length each day:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gid7mT-1YnY&t=4s