Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-15, 09:46 AM  
bubbles76

What To Do After STS?

Okay, I start my last month of STS on Monday. Well, technically Tuesday, as I've designated Monday as my yoga day. Have to enter the week right, you know? Low stress, ha! This is my favorite phase, heavy lifting.

So far, my results with STS have been pretty good. I am able to lift a bit heavier, even though I didn't do the 1-Rep Max test or was able to do the incremental lifting (no Cathe weight gloves). My arms and legs are aesthetically pleasing, and my butt looks fantastic

I'm wondering, where do I go from here? I was planning to take at least a month to do some fun workouts. Not that I don't find STS fun, just fun in a different way. I was going to blend some Gilad, Gin Miller, and Ilaria just to shake things up while I decide what to focus on for the next few months. Maybe something more endurance focused, that won't sacrifice my strength gains.

What do you suggest? I've got some of everything, and quite a few systems. I don't have Delta Fit or Body Beast, or Cathe's two latest, and I'm not looking to buy anything new, but please make suggestions! I want to amp up my cardio endurance without losing strength.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 10:06 AM  
Tugger31

I know you don't have any of Cathe's newest, but I do think Ripped With HiiT would be a great follow up to STS. You still get heavy lifting and the HiiT workouts kick up the cardio a notch.

Do you have any of Michelle Dozois workouts? Or Bob Harper?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 11:09 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Rest!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 11:37 AM  
Sharaz

Congratulations Bubbles

I believe something similar like the rotation I am doing a the present time will be good. 3 total body, 2 HIIT cardio and 1 steady state cardio. The HIIT cardio helps to maintain muscle mass. If you were doing more HIIT than steady with STS then having 2 steady and 1 HIiT is good for muscle confusion. The 3 day of cardio is an extra one, so if you work out 5 days a week, then only do 2 cardios.

Make sure to have at least one medium rep range total body workout scheduled weekly. For me these are Pyramids and STS total body. These workouts are the most important in your rotation where you will aim to push harder and go beyond. These will help to maintain your current strength levels. Total body lifting workouts has less volume, so you have time to recover and hit it every other day. I believe this rotation helps cut fat, increase endurance and maintain hard gained muscle. Is fit perfectly after heavy lifting splits by decreasing volume and increasing frequenly. The body adapt quickly, so each time you change things up and new challenge begins. I love challenges

I also pay attention to my protein intake during endurance type rotations. I maintained my muscle mass and avoided looking scrawny while in recovery from surgery with proper nutrition and by upping my protein intake. i think that's why I could bounce back smoothly. Well, I also was hitting it hard before surgery because wanted to be in outstanding shape
Old 07-12-15, 11:44 AM  
Sharaz

I want to add that I am currently using Cathe total body workouts, but I bet there are other workouts as good as hers. I read the FIRM tread and looked at clips since I have no experience with these workouts. I like the pace of their workouts very much. No rush and great cuing. I am way to late to the party LOL
Old 07-12-15, 12:15 PM  
deineira

Do you have XTrain? That would be a good complement. You can maintain strength and cardio gains with these series. I think the 90 day rotation is a little long as there aren't as many workouts, but Cathe has said a few times this is a good follow up series.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 01:18 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Congratulations Bubbles

I believe something similar like the rotation I am doing a the present time will be good. 3 total body, 2 HIIT cardio and 1 steady state cardio. The HIIT cardio helps to maintain muscle mass. If you were doing more HIIT than steady with STS then having 2 steady and 1 HIiT is good for muscle confusion. The 3 day of cardio is an extra one, so if you work out 5 days a week, then only do 2 cardios.

Make sure to have at least one medium rep range total body workout scheduled weekly. For me these are Pyramids and STS total body. These workouts are the most important in your rotation where you will aim to push harder and go beyond. These will help to maintain your current strength levels. Total body lifting workouts has less volume, so you have time to recover and hit it every other day. I believe this rotation helps cut fat, increase endurance and maintain hard gained muscle. Is fit perfectly after heavy lifting splits by decreasing volume and increasing frequenly. The body adapt quickly, so each time you change things up and new challenge begins. I love challenges

I also pay attention to my protein intake during endurance type rotations. I maintained my muscle mass and avoided looking scrawny while in recovery from surgery with proper nutrition and by upping my protein intake. i think that's why I could bounce back smoothly. Well, I also was hitting it hard before surgery because wanted to be in outstanding shape
Love this rotation. I'm going to try it. Right now I'm revisiting the Firm and did Tough Tape today. Killer workout!!! I plan on doing total body 3 days a week and I think I'll do 2 Firms and 1 Cathe. Pyramid Combo or MuscleMax or STS Total Body. And follow your guidelines on cardio. I'll do 1 PiYo/Yoga workout too. Thanks so much for your suggestions

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 04:19 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
Love this rotation. I'm going to try it. Right now I'm revisiting the Firm and did Tough Tape today. Killer workout!!! I plan on doing total body 3 days a week and I think I'll do 2 Firms and 1 Cathe. Pyramid Combo or MuscleMax or STS Total Body. And follow your guidelines on cardio. I'll do 1 PiYo/Yoga workout too. Thanks so much for your suggestions
Sounds like a good plan

I hope you obtain good results from the rotation. I read your FIRM tread and I am glad you are enjoying them. FIRM fit right in the schedule and then you hit it hard with one from Cathe
Old 07-12-15, 05:38 PM  
T2B

Shiraz- great advice. I may follow your suggestion sometime down the road.

Bubbles - I was going to recommend RWH or another XTRAIN rotation. Xtrain 90 day is my most favorite rotation of all time. RWH kicked my butt, hard.

The RWH weight routines are great and different enough from any of Cathe's previous systems that they are worth having. Great premixes as well.

I plan to start STS after I finish my current rotation.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 10:43 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Do you have Drop 2 Sizes? That might be a good choice, or maybe other NROL style workouts.

Tags
sts, what to do after sts