Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-14, 11:52 PM  
juberann

Cathe's STS Total Body=LOVE.......

Yep, I am way late to this party but a friend of mine loaned me Cathe's STS Total Body DVD as I was excited to do it since I now own a barbell WOW.....instant LOVE!!!!! Total body, incredible variety and even though she moved a little fast I was able to keep up. The DVD had bad scratches on it and froze toward the end so I wasn't able to do the last 15 minutes or so but it was enough that I went and ordered a copy from Mary.
The more I do Cathe's workouts, I more I love her
The STS series is SPENDY but IF I was to buy one cycle with the goal of leaning out and gaining strength and no bulk, which should I choose? Also, is the Tower necessary... I don't have one and have no plans to acquire one (which would be difficult since I believe they are no longer available). TIA, all

Oh and I seen a Bonus Leg workout in the STS series somewhere, can't recall where (I think it was YouTube). What cycle is that workout on? I want it!!
Old 07-13-14, 05:29 AM  
Tugger31

If I were to get one Mesocycle, I'd definitely get Mesocycle 2! I thought Meso 1 had too many pushups for my liking and Meso 3 bulked me up a bit. Meso 2 is also easier than Meso 1 to break up in sections if you're short on time. I don't own the tower. I do have a rack to hold my barbell, but I only used it with Meso 3 b/c my barbell was loaded to heavy at that point. I don't remember which Meso had pullups (I'm thinking Meso 1) I subbed in back rows for those. Cathe used the tower for those exercises.

I didnt stress much about figuring out my One Rep Max for STS, I just picked a weight that felt challenging and wrote it down. The next week I'd try to increase my weight for whatever exercise I could.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:20 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

While I don't use Cathe much anymore, I will admit that I have been moderately interested in this workout for a couple of years. It appears to be simple straight forward lifting which is what I prefer. None of those pulse or low ends, which Cathe is famous for.

Maybe I need to watch out for a sale. I will keep this one on my radar.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:27 AM  
suzannaerin

STS goes on her "deal of the day" every so often. FWIW, I didn't enjoy Meso 1 at all. Mesos 2 and 3 are great, though.

I'll probably do them again in the winter, when the weather precludes walking the dogs at sunrise so I have more time to work out!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:35 AM  
poohpeggy

I lost the most weight and inches using Meso 1. I always do push ups on my knees because of wrists issues. Definitely watch for Cathe to put it on sale.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:42 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Can you easily sub dumbells for this one? I have a barbell but it's stuffed way in the closet. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it actually.

I am looking at her High Reps now too...good lord! I still have a couple of her workouts but don't use them much, I never thought that I would be interested in acquiring more of her workouts.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:43 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I believe Cathe's STS is on sale today for around 110. Check out Deal of the day on Bargain Watch for the link.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 07:47 AM  
Sultana

STS Bundle on sale Deal of day today $110. Use 20 percent off code and I think it would be about $88.
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 09:04 AM  
Zenara25

STS 1 at the end of the 4 leg workouts is where the bonus leg routines are. They are 9-13min long.

It's a great set. I didn't do the one rep max beforehand. I've done STS 2 times now and I like to do it during the winter. Love the 4 Plyo Leg workouts in Meso 3. They remind me of my favorite Cathe workout Cardio Leg Blast.

Here's my Spreadsheet of the STS workouts. I did this to save paper. Cathe's worksheets only let you record one time through. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgym3jxpku...Worksheets.xls

Pro's:
I gained lots of strength

Con's:
I bulk a little after Meso 3. (So afterwards I do Circuits/Dreambody/Les Mills Pump type workouts and lean right out within a month. Also considering next time during Meso 3 repeating Meso 2 or 1 again for upper body instead)
Some workouts are over an hour.
Workout always take longer because I'm pausing to set up my weights etc.
Takes time to plan out what weights/equipment I'm going to use for each workout.
At the end my workout room looks extremely messy.

Even with all the Con's I still plan to do STS again this coming winter
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 09:42 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

No advice on which Meso to get (I bailed after two weeks of an STS rotation) but adding my love for STS Total Body. It might be my favorite Cathe total body workout.

Tags
sts, sts total body