Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-12, 08:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I just did Cardio QF workout 1 plus bonus. LOVED it! Good music and time flew by. Bonus section is a killer. I'm glad I got these.
Old 09-05-12, 08:22 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Sherry I got 'start here', your best body, weigths and one that doesn't use weight just body weight..
Old 09-05-12, 08:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried Cardio Quick Fix workout one as well last night, and I loved it too! All except the music. That's me, I know people want the urbanica stuff these days but blecch. The high pitched chipmunk singing in the beginning was hard to handle. I also found the music almost drowned out Kelly. But I really enjoyed the moves too much to let the music overshadow it - athletic, not too fancy, and I didn't mind the TIFTing because it was well done and broken into two distinct segments.

Now that bonus! I it!!!!! Much better music, I prefer the soft jazzy stuff.

ETA: I agree with Sherry also, the backgrounders could have used better placement.

I didn't really notice the modifier much either - I'm so used to Lauren being there, she had such a presence. I'm sure I'll adjust.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 09:59 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

what happened to Lauren? I just started with these but I already know and like Lauren the modifier! my best bud LOL!
Old 09-05-12, 10:24 AM  
juberann

Susanna~ Lauren wasn't in these because she is pursuing other projects. Noelle is her replacement. I miss her too but feel Noelle did a great job of stepping in as Kelly's modifier.
Kelly hasn't said whether Lauren will or will not be back for future releases
Old 09-05-12, 10:26 AM  
sherry7899

Susanna,

Lauren is doing a different type of workout. She is teaching Les Mills classes, actually If I weren't so chicken about taking live classes, maybe someday I'd go the hour distance to that gym and take a class....(this will never likely happen-those classes would kill me!)

Pat, I think there is a "music off" option, but I"m not sure how to go about finding my own music that would match up to the movement.

I really bonded with Lauren, too. Since I need to modify so much, I'm always following her.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 10:34 AM  
juberann

I didn't realize Lauren was teaching Les Mills classes, Sherry. Lauren is so awesome.......I do hope to see her back with Kelly in the next round of workouts. I hope she keeps Noelle, too
Old 09-05-12, 10:38 AM  
sherry7899

I hope so too, Judy! There is no tactful way to ask Kelly that, so....

I do like Noelle as well-I just really miss Lauren being there.

Sherry

Susanna-if you like boxing, definitely get TLC and Circuit Burn next

Old 09-05-12, 10:45 AM  
caligurl

well........... i did workout one this morning planning on it being my cardio prior to my body beast workout of the day.... what it ended up being was a good extended warm up..... cardio: not so much.... i couldn't get my heartrate up at all..... and calories burned.... sadly that was quite low....

unfortunately i felt it was overly repetitive and way too easy i got so bored doing the same exercise over and over as she added on to the segment..... i tried to up the intensity (jumped every move i could) but still not a good cardio workout for me, at all....

however i LOVED the bonus! that was fun and a good little add-on!

i'll give workout 2 a try on friday (i'll try both plateau busters tomorrow since it's cardio day and i don't do the body beast cardio workout anymore)....

i'm bummed cuz i like kelly and i can usually find a good use for even her other workouts that aren't as intense... IMO this is one of kelly's easiest workouts to date (and definitely not even at intermediate level)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 10:47 AM  
sherry7899

Caligurl, I think the second workout on the cardio dvd is supposed to be more intense, so hopefully you will like that one more.

Sherry

Tags
cardio quick fix, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, music off option