Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-12, 07:00 PM  
Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
This assessment sounds about right to me. I've only done QF #1 so far modified without shoes, but even then, I certainly didn't find it to be a "beginner" workout--I think even at her easiest, Kelly is beyond the beginner level (I thought that about Start Here as well). I did QF #2 on Friday, and I can't believe that some people here found that to be too easy! I could see finding the drills boring if that's not your thing--personally, impact isn't really my thing, which is probably why it whooped my butt.

I feel kind of bad for Kelly on this workout. Although I don't visit her forum all that often, I remember when she was soliciting opinions on doing a new cardio workout. She kept saying that she really didn't want to do straight floor cardio as that wasn't really her favorite thing; she talked about doing an interval workout or even kickboxing. But so many forum members said "no--we don't have enough 'pure' cardio available!" So, the result is a "pure" cardio workout (with TIFTing, as those workouts tend to have), which is probably not Kelly's forte--and then people are kind of surprised (when really, the cardio is very similar to what she offered in her 30 MTF Weights). I'm confused!
Yeah, I found workout 1 fun and harder than a beginner workout. Workout 2 I found very challenging. I thought myself a cardio wuss because I was reading it was too easy. I think Kelly did a great job with both DVDs especially Cardio Quick Fix because I am a cardio hater but need it for my body type.

I agree with your post!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-12, 08:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jennifer, I agree that Kelly did a good job with this workout! Even though it's not her usual thing, I definitely thought she did it well, as always.

Mary, thanks for agreeing with me! I just think that some of us are very experienced exercisers and can lose sight of what "beginner" means. I always think of my mom--she is overweight and usually doesn't exercise (although she has done a bit of Leslie in the past), and she could not keep up with Kelly, even following Noelle in Workout #1!

Speaking of which, I did the first workout again today and really enjoyed it. I definitely found that it got my HR up and kept it up, although of course the whole workout is a bit on the short side (I clocked about 25 total minutes in my target HR zone). I can see using this a lot when I don't want to think about my cardio.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-12, 10:57 PM  
juberann

On the bright side, CQF is getting awesome reviews on CollageVideo And I can't help but wonder if Kelly gave us a little sneak peek at what's she's going to do next at the end of Plateau Buster workout #2. Wasn't going to mention it because I don't want to start anything but I am wondering if we will be seeing a new style from Kelly in the future?
Old 09-18-12, 07:23 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ahh, I forgot that there's a surprise at the end of PB...I am doing #2 tonight, so I guess I will get to find out what it is then!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-18-12, 07:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
On the bright side, CQF is getting awesome reviews on CollageVideo And I can't help but wonder if Kelly gave us a little sneak peek at what's she's going to do next at the end of Plateau Buster workout #2. Wasn't going to mention it because I don't want to start anything but I am wondering if we will be seeing a new style from Kelly in the future?
Oh that's intriguing. I guess some people want to be surprised, but I don't have Plateau Buster yet but would love to know what Kelly's surprise is. I did workout 2 from Start Here last week and LOVED it! I used heavier weights and got a really good workout. I did a few workouts from YBB and loved that too. I plan on getting Plateau Buster and the only reason I won't get CQF is because I detest straight cardio workouts. But if anyone could get me interested, it would be KCM.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 09:18 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

The surprise is really fun! I wish it would have lasted longer and the girls could have done a bonus workout we could have used, though. Am I giving too much away? Don't want to spoil it for others.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 09:33 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

summer breeze, I'm also one who normally doesn't like cardio. I've pretty much given up on more complex step cardio, altogether.

What is nice about this floor cardio is it's easy to learn. No fancy dance steps, and very straight forward. Kelly is always very motivating, and I don't want to struggle trying to learn new routines. She really did listen to her fans who didn't want anything too complex. I really appreciate that. With that comes some TIFTing, but that's ok with me.

What's funny is, I won't normally pull out a cardio workout. It's like eating my veggies, compared to strength workouts for me. But, I do like what I've done so far with both CQF and PB. It's great in CQF we have both floor cardio (workout one) and drill type exercises (workout two) but the fun will probably be in how these can be mixed and matched with the premixes.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 09:44 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
What is nice about this floor cardio is it's easy to learn. No fancy dance steps, and very straight forward. Kelly is always very motivating, and I don't want to struggle trying to learn new routines. She really did listen to her fans who didn't want anything too complex. I really appreciate that. With that comes some TIFTing, but that's ok with me.
Pam, I agree with this completely! I make myself do "pure" cardio once per week (usually on Mondays to get it over with ). I do enjoy kickboxing, but if I am not feeling up for that, sometimes I just want something relatively mindless that will still get my HR up and may be a little fun, too; Kelly definitely fits the bill.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
cardio quick fix, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, music off option