Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-12, 02:47 PM  
bethellen

KCM strength training

Ok - here is where I'm at: Love The Firm (all of them, classics, bss, pinks) - work out 5 days/week - been doing this for a long time. Weekdays I like 30-40 minutes and weekends 40-60 minutes.

I started with the Firm, left and went to Cathe, now back with the Firm. I dabbled with Jari too. I have some Leslie too that I love.
I love that the Firm workouts are defined times and defined types. I get so overwhelmed with all of Cathe's premixes and the lengthy workouts. I like Jari - but there don't seem to be enough in the 30-40 time range.

Here is the problem - stupid plantar fascitis - so no impact. I've been using just my sculpting Firms and avoiding all Firms that are cardio, hare, or tortoise.

I'm struggling to maintain variety with just my Firms.
I'm toying with trying KCM 30mtf series. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Oh....and I tend to be the type to do all of one instructor for a while (other than throwing in some Leslie).

Thanks,
Beth
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 02:50 PM  
CarlaShanti

You will enjoy 30 MTF!! My history is nearly identical--started with Firm, moved on to Cathe, then Jari, brief dalliance with Amy Bento (fizzled out), then I discovered KCM. She is my favourite.

Just watch the clips and choose the level of impact you feel you want. She has a wide variety of workouts from high impact to zero impact.

One good cardio workout for you would be TLC (Train Like a Contender). Have you had a look at that one?
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 03:40 PM  
MJ525

I sprained my ankle awhile back and while it was still "tender" Your Best Body workout 1 was great for me and the premix for workout 1 + cardio was great also.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 04:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I would also suggest Your Best Body, as it's one of her more recent workouts. You can see if you like her style, and this one is really great with more of a strength training focus.

There are many good KCM workouts. TLC is another of my favorites for cardio, boxing, and athletic drills.

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 04:15 PM  
juberann

I am a HUGE KCM fan her workouts I do 90% of the time. Kelly always has her wonderful modifier doing low impact mods of the high impact stuff so no worries there. Her strength training workouts are challaging, fun and creative. Kelly always has amazing premix options on her 30 MTF workouts so you can choose longer workouts when you have the time.
With my work schedule, Kelly's workouts are my saving grace, she works you hard for 30 minutes and you're done TLC is low impact and the most fun cardio workout that I own (and that is saying alot, trust me). Definitely give her workouts a try, there are nice long clips both on Kelly's site and at totalfitnessdvds. I have all the workouts in the 30 MTF series and,honestly, love them all, I am not joking, I could not pick a favorite. They are all different, Kelly always keeps it fresh and new.
Much success in dealing with your plantar fascitis (no fun) and know there are workouts out there that you can do, have fun with and no be in pain
Old 06-27-12, 07:06 PM  
KathAL79

One thing to note about some of the 30-Minutes [sic] to Fitness series is that not all are exactly 30 minutes. Some are pretty close, within a few minutes, but Your Best Body, for example, has 41 and 42 min. workouts and Muscle Definition has 34 and 41 mi. workouts (not that some of the premixes might not be closer to 30 min. or whatever your target workout time is). Definitely check the time charts at Collage beforehand (link to Collage's KCM page).

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer