Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-12, 10:24 AM  
MM-Om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
No, I like Cardio Quick Fix better, too.
Me three. I think I will be pre-ordering CQF

I find her workouts that combine cardio with weights not good on my back and looking at the clip I see many questionable moves.
Old 07-20-12, 10:40 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
No, you are definitely not alone! I haven't been able to click with her workouts and wound up trading all the ones I had collected. At one time I think I had 6-7 of them...I went on a mad collecting spree buying/trading for them convinced I should like her workouts but found I never did them. I do like her personality though and the concept of the 30 MTF workouts.

I didn't care for the Cardio quickfix clip...BUT I have high hopes for this Plateau Buster one! I really liked what I saw in the clip. This may be the one KCM workout I click with! Maybe .
LOL Spoken like a true vidiot I won't be ordering though I actually liked the second clip somewhat. But I have learned that I just DON'T USE HER WORKOUTS. I should like her -- she's creative and no-nonsense and 30MTF is great but I have never done any of her workouts more than once. And I get dread at the thought of reaching for them. So I'm done trying until I can do at least one of the KCM DVDs I already own for 5 times. That's my rule and I'm sticking with it
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:58 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
LOL Spoken like a true vidiot I won't be ordering though I actually liked the second clip somewhat. But I have learned that I just DON'T USE HER WORKOUTS. I should like her -- she's creative and no-nonsense and 30MTF is great but I have never done any of her workouts more than once. And I get dread at the thought of reaching for them. So I'm done trying until I can do at least one of the KCM DVDs I already own for 5 times. That's my rule and I'm sticking with it
Ha! I did the same thing! I wonder why that is? I still can't put my finger on exactly why I felt that way...
Old 07-20-12, 12:36 PM  
katmom

So glad I pre-ordered both of these. I admit I did not connect with some of Kelly's earlier, longer DVD's. The first of hers that I connected with was The Shape of Things to Come and NYC Body Sculpting.

I am in the fifth week of her 2012 rotation that she published earlier this year. I initially started the rotation as I needed shorter workouts while caring for a sick cat. He has since passed, but I decided to complete the rotation to allow myself some recovery time.
Old 07-20-12, 01:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
Me three. I think I will be pre-ordering CQF

I find her workouts that combine cardio with weights not good on my back and looking at the clip I see many questionable moves.
Yes, me too. I'm not crazy about plie squatting with dumbbells held in front and curling them, it pulls on my back. I'll have to modify that.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 02:18 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
No, I like Cardio Quick Fix better, too.
Me too, and I hate hi-lo cardio! But that's the thing--I had doing cardio, and I know I have to do it, so I am always struggling to find workouts when it's time to do my cardio. (I do like kickboxing, thank goodness!) The clips from this DVD looked fun, and I could imagine doing it even when I didn't really feel like exercising.

I liked the looks of Plateau Buster as well, just not quite as much. (And I totally agree with Pat about that plie move with the biceps curl--but at least it's not a row this time like she does in Muscle Definition. )

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 07:02 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes, me too. I'm not crazy about plie squatting with dumbbells held in front and curling them, it pulls on my back. I'll have to modify that.
Yes, I will be following the modifier on that one for sure.

I really like Kelly and am glad I ordered these. I have had almost all the workouts in the 30 MTF series, but have unloaded a few. I liked them all but some I liked more than others. I have said this before though, with all the options she has on her DVDs you only really need a few of them anyway!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, plateau buster