Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-19, 06:35 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGH595wj-0&t=118s

Recently I gave my treadmill to my DS, so I have been trying to think of something else to add to my outdoor walking. I remembered that I still had my Powerbelt from years ago. I dusted it off, and did an outdoor walk with it, and WOW! I forgot how great this thing is. It really adds a lot to the walk. Turns it into a total body walk, which I love! I was curious if they still sell it, but I can't find it anywhere. I remember that Denise Austin used to endorse it, and I bought mine from Walkers Warehouse, but it appears that they are no longer in business, or I just couldn't find them online...anyway, it really is a great product. Well made, and very effective. Might want to pull yours out, if you still have one

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:54 AM  
Lannette

I do remember it but never had one. I haven’t thought about walker’s warehouse let alone tried to visit for a years. Enjoy!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:10 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I do remember it but never had one. I haven’t thought about walker’s warehouse let alone tried to visit for a years. Enjoy!
Thanks Lannette!
Old 11-25-19, 08:34 AM  
Gams

I still have mine and use it all the time. It IS very well made. I think it’s one of my best fitness purchases ever.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I can definitely see how it would make a walk into a great workout but I know I personally wouldn't use it for outdoor walks. I walk through my town usually and pass too many people. I know it shouldn't matter but I would feel too uncomfortable. Glad it's working out so well for you.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 08:51 AM  
alisoncooks

I had one! I never took it outside and I no longer have it -- but it's a neat gadget.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 09:44 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I used to be self conscious about using it outdoors, and would rarely do so. Now, I don't care anymore I am just so glad that I kept mine. I have a tendency to get rid of things that I don't think I will need anymore, only to regret it later

Sherry
Old 11-25-19, 09:45 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I still have mine and use it all the time. It IS very well made. I think it’s one of my best fitness purchases ever.
The rubber is starting to wear off of my handles somewhat, but that is not suprising. I have had it for at least 10 years or so. Other than that, it is in very good condition.
Old 11-25-19, 10:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

I have never seen one of those !
Good for you finding a way to shake things up:-)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 10:38 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

a very, very generous VFer gave me hers, plus 3 of the VHS videos that came with it. however, i use it outdoors, and it looks very sleek when you have it on and is well made.

i've also worn my HRM while using the powerbelt and it does cause your HR to increase believe it or not.

i have also used my stretch band wrapped twice around my waist. it has a similar effect, but the powerbelt provides more resistance and stays put on your waist.

you can still purchase it - i believe Chris Freytag was the last spokesperson for it.
https://www.amazon.com/Powerbelt-Wal.../dp/B008R3GBF0

speaking of geeky looking gadgets, the walk poles were something i stopped myself from buying. i hear good things about how strenuous it makes an ordinary walk. someday perhaps.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerbelt walking system