Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-08-13, 08:23 PM  
isebelleg44

Dream Body Opinions & Questions etc

I thought I would start a new thread, since so many of us took advantage of the sale this past weekend. I received mine today and am tempted to try one tomorrow. Not sure if I will since I have my workouts planned for the rest of the week, but we shall see.

Please share your thoughts on this set!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 08:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you very much for starting this thread. I'll be very curious to read the comments from those that took advantage of this sale.
Old 05-08-13, 08:50 PM  
Poodlepants

Just some really quick thoughts.

I have done Bikini Boot Camp and perhaps I am not the best person to write about it, since I am in PT for a torn trap. (I can do anything but overhead weighted work and downward facing dog.) It does move, but there is no special award for keeping up with them. Form is more important than speed. I did not preview and I usually do, so I felt a little behind at times. I like to be prepared. I did not hold the 2# weights, because I did not know what to expect and because of my shoulder. I feel like I will get better in time.

I like that you are not repped to death. (This is why I can't do Tonique even though I love Sylvia.) I really liked the toning segment at the end--again, you're not doing 673 reps. The cardio component is typical kick boxing moves, but it kept me engaged.

You will not like this if you don't like non-stop talking in Denise Austin-type voices. The music is very quiet and used for back ground, it doesn't drive the workout. I do wish the warm up/cool down were a touch longer.

Like I said, it moves, but you don't have to move at lightning speed. Make it your own.
Poodlepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 07:41 AM  
isebelleg44

Bump

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 07:42 AM  
Rhonda

I pulled out Tabata and Toning as it was the shortest.

I enjoyed it and not sure how they get up and down so quickly. I as a rep or two behind but that is OK, gives me something to build up to.

My shoulders were burning so I would just put my arms down to give my shoulders a break as we were working legs.

Can't wait to try the other workouts.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 08:24 AM  
altinker

I am not an advanced exerciser, but I aspire to be. I have the original dream body workout, and I got through about 12 minutes of that. I didn't like the bubbles, and I wasn't sure I was doing the form right.

I tried the first dvd last night, but I haven't been working out consistently. They move a little fast for me, so I wasn't sure I was doing the set up right and getting the form right. I stopped about 10 minutes into it.

I think I'll have to work up to these.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 08:49 AM  
momofcha

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I pulled out P57 today for the first time since getting this set - granted, it was only the 30 min express one - but it was, dare I say it, easy for me? The one remarkable change I have noticed with using this set is my legs. I have always been prone to what I term 'speed skater thighs' in that they are strong, but thick. Not a lot of definition. I my legs right now. So much that at 43 years old I bought myself a pair of 5" inseam shorts! I will be wearing them proudly.

For those of you in the facebook group - I posted my pic there.

I'm glad so many of you caved on this great price, I am this set and what it's doing for my legs and my mind - I feel great!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 09:15 AM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
The one remarkable change I have noticed with using this set is my legs. I have always been prone to what I term 'speed skater thighs' in that they are strong, but thick. Not a lot of definition. I my legs right now. So much that at 43 years old I bought myself a pair of 5" inseam shorts! I will be wearing them proudly.

For those of you in the facebook group - I posted my pic there.

I'm glad so many of you caved on this great price, I am this set and what it's doing for my legs and my mind - I feel great!
shammy I know what you mean...I'm not necessarily adverse to the look but I thought this set may work my muscles differently, more of the smaller supporting muscle to provide a more well rounded kind of strength. Your pic is great...Rockin those shorts
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 09:24 AM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlepants View Post
I have done Bikini Boot Camp and perhaps I am not the best person to write about it, since I am in PT for a torn trap. (I can do anything but overhead weighted work and downward facing dog.) It does move, but there is no special award for keeping up with them. Form is more important than speed. I did not preview and I usually do, so I felt a little behind at times. I like to be prepared. I did not hold the 2# weights, because I did not know what to expect and because of my shoulder. I feel like I will get better in time.

I like that you are not repped to death. (This is why I can't do Tonique even though I love Sylvia.) I really liked the toning segment at the end--again, you're not doing 673 reps. The cardio component is typical kick boxing moves, but it kept me engaged.

You will not like this if you don't like non-stop talking in Denise Austin-type voices. The music is very quiet and used for back ground, it doesn't drive the workout. I do wish the warm up/cool down were a touch longer.

Like I said, it moves, but you don't have to move at lightning speed. Make it your own.
+1 on the Denise Austin comment!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 09:47 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
+1 on the Denise Austin comment!
The leader of the Bikini Bootcamp DVD even sounds like Denise Austin

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters