Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-20, 04:59 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia
I don't think I have ever been able to do splits.

Check-In: Pahla B's 2000 STEPS with WALK + RUN Intervals and Pahla B's 15 Minute (2000 Steps) Indoor WALK + RUN | Getting the MOST BENEFIT from Your Modified Workout

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 06:53 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Fitness Blender: Booty Sculpting Lower Body Strength Training, plus a lot of activity. I will have at least 11k steps today.

I slipped and fell on a slippery part of our hardwood floor today as I was getting ready for the showing. The floor does a short slope right outside our sunroom. I was carrying a glass-enclosed candle and a glass vase. The candle broke and cut my hand a bit. I landed on my hip, and that was ok (I guess hips come in handy sometimes), but my lower back is aching. Hope that goes away.

Cynthia, I used to be able to do splits too. Cassie from Blogilates has some short workouts to move you into splits and I started doing them but didn't persevere. Maybe I will at some point!

I felt our house looked nice for the showing. I bought a few decor items to give a nice, fresh, new year feeling. I also got a pretty plug-in diffuser from Whole Foods along with a diffuser oil that gives a spa-like, calming scent.

Cheryl
Old 01-09-20, 09:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Ouch. I hope you recover quickly from that slip & fall, Cheryl. Also hoping your house sells soon.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 09:33 PM  
Diana3271

Seabliss I bet your house looks and smells wonderful. I'm sorry you fell and cut yourself. I tweaked my hip earlier today, bending over. Gotta love it, NOT! LOL

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-10-20, 08:23 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-10-20, 06:08 PM  
seabliss

Feeling better today! Glad the back pain went away. Today I did Jessica's Full Upper Body Workout and her Turkey Trot mile as well as 1.5 miles outdoors.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl
Old 01-10-20, 08:24 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, glad you're feeling better. A slip & fall is one way to get a bone strength scan LOL.

Check-in: DVD/recovery day: barre3 pre-natal. I will probably do this again, but with the sound off. I lost count of how many times she says "pregnancy." Otherwise it's quite good. Once I got used to looking at her, 6 months pg w/ twins. I have seen improvement in my balance from doing barre3; I think it's b/c they are slow-moving. And it has carried over to the studio, with dynamic movements and weights..

Saw my chiro today. I thought this condition was really weird but when I described it, she said she has seen & treated it before and that it was caused by neck misalignment. I've been waking up with my right hand's fingers curled & one finger had to be straightened manually using my left hand. The right side of my neck was out of whack. I'll be interested to see how my fingers are tomorrow morning.

I had my first lesson with the soprano that I admire. She is really a good teacher, also encouraging and supportive. I've learned a lot already. My goal is to be able to sing I Know that my Redeemer Liveth on Easter; she thinks I'll be able to do that this year.
Old 01-10-20, 10:22 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia That's awesome about the singing lessons. I hope the adjustment helps.

I mentioned before about DH feeling bad. This morning he woke feeling even worse. I took him to the Urgent Care place after work today. They diagnosed him with a sinus infection. He's got an antibiotic. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon. Because it's an infection, he was hurting all over. His joints were very painful. I never knew it would bother your joints like that.

I had a lot going on and with having to take DH to the Urgent Care I didn't get a workout in.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-20, 09:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-20, 04:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Pure Empower at the studio. Lots of balance action with weights. Balance still needs lots of work but there sure has been improvement. Now I stand where I can touch the barre if I need to; formerly would hold the barre no matter what.

No more weird finger curling. My chiro is the best.

Diana, I hope your DH is feeling better.

Hi to Linda, Cheryl, and Lynn.

I miss tytbody Cheryl.