Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-20, 08:40 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - There's always something to be thankful for. 11/22

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 08:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I tried for a Thanksgiving theme this week - it won't be like all other Thanksgivings this year, but we still need to be thankful for what we have. We had a little bit of snow last night - about an inch - it should melt today, so not planning on shoveling. Still planning on taking Gus for a walk. I've taken up all of the indoor Christmas decorations, but they are still sitting in boxes on my dining table - might go do that today. I got more decluttering done yesterday, so I think those folders are pretty much done. Also did four loads of laundry yesterday getting my bed linens and blankets clean and my week's worth of clothing. Tomorrow is our trash day, so I'll have some very full bags!

Paula, I'm not usually out after dark - it's been weird to drive out there after dark. Last time I did I did see the lights that have been set up in the State Fair grounds for a Christmas drive-through - very pretty, but I don't have a full enough car to send through at $45/car. I'm glad I'm retired and have the daylight hours to get around! Congrats on your new wreath! Yours sounds a bit larger than mine - I'm hoping the lights work on mine! The Covid restrictions and suggestions to only have one shopper don't really influence me much - I just hope that I'll still be able to walk Gus at the parks.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita

ETA: This is the 5th day in a row that I'm seeing bald eagles on my walks with Gus - different parks each day! Weird, yet cool!
Old 11-22-20, 08:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I dropped out for a couple of days. The past two days have been more relaxed, but I have still done a fair amount. We're hosting Thanksgiving, so we are trying to clean and declutter. We try to keep up with the cleaning, but having people over (these days, only my parents) are a reason to do it right. Anyway, I cleaned the appliances in the kitchen, started cleaning the floors, did a load of laundry, and unloaded the dishwasher.

Today, we picked up Chinese food and took it over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. It was a pleasant afternoon.

Tomorrow, I have two tutoring sessions including a new person who wants to learn PowerPoint.

Anita - Good job with the decluttering. I always enjoy taking out a bunch of trash after getting a lot done. Thanks for getting us started. As the theme says, there's always something to be thankful for.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 09:37 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 16 - Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery day for us today. We got home early enough that I spent the afternoon prepping veggies and made an egg casserole that should be dinner for two nights.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Yes, there is always something to be thankful for. Four loads of laundry in one day - you are ambious. Glad you don't have to shovel. I should be the only shopper but DH insists on coming with me, and I know he can't do it without me so we're ignoring that recommendation. However, where I live the COVID numbers are very low and people are good about masking and distancing so I guess the danger is low, at least I hope so.

Laura, glad you had a relaxed couple of days. I'm also glad you are continuing to have steady customers for tutoring. You are so lucky to be able to see your parents. The worst part of quarentine is loss of time with family and friends.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting together with another friend for an outside park walk way on the East side of the state. It should be a good time. Otherwise, planning on a grocery run. I still haven't decorated my tree yet, but have put up other Christmas decorations in my house - nothing outside yet. I'm trying to wait after Thanksgiving to put those up.

Laura, good job on the cleaning - I don't have much to clean except for DOG HAIR everywhere! I'm glad to get the decluttering done - some stuff I could probably declutter from the kitchen (haven't used a food processor in like 10 years), but I keep it because I have the shelf space. I gotta admit I haven't used a toaster in years, but now am using it to make BLTs and egg and cheese sandwiches, so who knows if that food processor will come back into play. A move for me is probably in about six years or so after I turn 65 and lose Gus, but I want to make it easier for a move. You are soooooo very lucky to have Thanksgiving under one roof with your parents!

Paula, what's in your egg casserole? I should do something like that to use up some potatoes and eggs and veggies I have. It's hard to tell where the Covid virus is around here - several people have had to drop out of WRC duty because a family member would get it and several restaurants closed early because a staff member got it - I just try to keep safe with the mask when with people inside.

Anita
Old 11-23-20, 08:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's body shaping day 17 followed by Yoga with Kassandra Day 23 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

A very lazy day, didn't do much of anything.

Anita, Hope you had a nice walk with your friend. I have things in my kitchen that I haven't used in years - like a Hinkel knife craving set - that I haven't used in years but am keeping "jut because". The craving set was a gift from DH back when I used to cook and eat meat. Good knives are expensive and I can't seem to get rid of it even though I'm not using it - even to cut veggies. My egg casserole is eggs, milk (almond milk) and flour. I put it in a pie crust with veggies. This time I added mushrooms, spinach, and diced ortega chilies. So it's like a quiche but not as rich 'cuz I don't use cream.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. I had a new tutoring person this morning. She will start a new job next Monday and wants to do a PowerPoint presentation to show them what she is thinking and what she is capable of. The only problem with the plan is that she has never used PowerPoint. This afternoon, I took DH to his PT appointment and walked while there. When I came home, I had another tutoring session. This evening, I have cooked for DH and clean up some in the kitchen and family room.

Paula - Your egg casserole sounds good. There are things in the kitchen that I don't want to get rid of because of the "you never know principle". I can understand it being hard to get rid of expensive knives.

Anita - Yeah, I really am fortunate to be able to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. How was the walk?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-24-20, 09:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on giving Gus a walk in the rain and snow today. Also thinking about decorating my indoor Christmas tree - everything is sitting to on my dining room table for several days already. Outside my neighbors finally raked their leaves - seriously, these guys don't do much yard work... The leaves all blow onto my driveway, front yard, and into my low entrance to my basement.... Otherwise nothing much formally planned.

Yesterday's walk went well - we just walked the roads near her and did about five miles. I enjoyed my time with my friend out in the countryside - we used to work together. Gus had fun trying to eat road kill he found . The sunshine was nice - we didn't trust the parks not to be supporting deer hunters yesterday. We both stopped by a nice store out there and I picked up some good sock slippers . Also picked up lots of groceries when I got back into town!

Paula, I've got a fancy carving knife also, but don't use it - I use a cheap one my mom picked up from a bank deal in her day - that one works wonderfully! I'm surprised the almond milk works in your egg casserole - it doesn't bind like milk proteins do. I think your flour with the eggs is providing the binding in your casserole.

Laura, Yay on a new student! The walk went well! The roads were really quiet out there so Gus did his usual wandering on both sides of the street (I still had a leash on him). I think he was tired afterwards!

I miss hearing from Beth and Dede...

Anita
Old 11-24-20, 03:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I got a lot done around the house - changing sheets on the bed, opening a pile of packages, vacuuming, cleaning up the kitchen, etc. This afternoon, I had a great tutoring session. This woman is going to start a new job on Monday and wants to present to them on her ideas. Her PowerPoint file looks great, and it was pretty easy for her to get it that way. She was happy. This evening, I need to get more cleaning and straightening done.

Anita - The locations sounds ideal for Gus to have a good time. It is nice to find quiet roads. It might be kind of nice to have something done before the day after Thanksgiving. If you have everything out, it might be a good chance to get it done.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-25-20, 08:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus today, watering orchids, and putzing around - might start on the inside Christmas tree. Yesterday a friend sent me a food present - smoked salmon - oh my gosh how delicious ! I'll be having some of that for the next three days! Makes for a good Thanksgiving meal for my tastes !

Laura, sounds like one of my days with all the house tasks you did! I'm still a bit debating about the ornaments and whether I should do it before Thanksgiving or not - heck, maybe Thanksgiving day will work for that as everything will be closed.

Paula? Wondering if she had that weird 500 notice not allowing a post....

Anita