Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-20, 06:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Cathe - Perfect 30 - Upper Body - 30 minutes

I really liked this one. It was very do-able for me, using weights that were challenging for me. Cathe was lifting very heavy weights - 35's at one point! Not a lot of sets or reps - most of the sets were 12 reps or less. If you want a solid weight workout that you can add to your rotation, just so you'll get some strength in there every week, this might be a good choice.

My DS is running low-grade fever and not feeling very well, so we wore masks in the house last night. I am hoping he is better today. I hate having to treat every sniffle as if it's a major crisis. We had 740 new cases yesterday (without any mass testing event) - so things are bad here. Hospitals are jam-packed - 3 ICU beds left in the entire area. Yet the City doesn't look (and isn't) closed down at all. And actually our city officials have no power to do anything about it. The Governor holds all the power.

Dana - Yes, the freezing issue! It is soooo annoying. I don't often have it when I'm streaming YouTube, but it often happens on the things that I have to pay for. And I pay bundles for my internet... but my provider is crappy.

Donna - Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a nice day! I'm laughing at your yin and yang workouts!

Waves to Brenda, Cheri, and Linda! Has anyone heard from Christine lately?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Pahla's scheduled workout for today on her mini challenge was a seated stretch. I didn't feel like I need a recovery day yet, and I am also going to be sitting for much of the day, so I wanted a bit more variety.

So, today was:

Jessica Valent - Full Body Weigh Lifting Workout -this was a new workout added to the membership site for November. I am willing to bet she puts a shorter version out on You Tube at some point. Anyway, it was a straightforward routine, probably more on the endurance/functional side than heavy lifting. Jessica used 10's for the workout and I used 5's. I could probably use 8's next time for at least some of the workout.

Trifecta Pilates - Feel Good Pilates flow - this one has some glitches - bloopers in the beginning that weren't edited out and freezing issues at the end? it was short about 10 min.

Trifecta Pilates - Deep Hip Stretches - just what the title says!

I think in doing Pahla's workouts I need to be mindful of adding extra stretching and also be careful not to over do it. B/c her workouts don't wipe me out, I tend to think they are not enough so I start adding on and I think that can work against me. So, when doing her stuff I think the add ons I do need to be stretching and maybe some outdoor walks.

Thanks for the b'day wishes - it was nice to have the day off even though I didn't go anywhere. I got caught up on some things around the house, so that is good.

Carol - I hope your DS is feeling better - hopefully turns out to be something minor, but it is hard not to worry about the worst these days.

Hope everyone has a good day - and let's hope for peace today....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 08:50 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I have chatted with Christine and she is doing pt exercises and is doing ok. I did encourage her to come post. I think her pt exercises are post worthy! Anyway loved having her in the conversation I hope your son feels better quickly!

Dana I like your DVD centric plan. I hope you enjoy it.

Brenda hope you and yours are all still doing well!

Donna I'm praying for peace today Have you treated yourself with anything for your birthday?

Today was Element Pilates for beginners total body chapter plus S90 chest, sh, tri. The pilates worked well to warm me up for the S90 workout and it was a tough one.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 08:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Cathe - ICE - Low Impact Sweat, workout #1 - 28 minutes

I subbed this one for the Perfect 30 High Impact Hiit - I will never ever do that workout. This one wasn't too bad - I did sweat like crazy.

Things are continuing to deteriorate CoVid-wise here. 500+ new cases today, plus more exposures, etc. at school. It feels a bit like the little dutch boy who tried to plug up the dam with his fingers!

I pray for peace in the next few days too. Who ever would have thought that violence was the expected reaction from an election? In some banana republic, yes, but America??

Carol
Old 11-04-20, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - 2 Mile Power Walk for Women Over 50 - pretty much what I have come to expect from Pahla's power walks - which is not a bad thing, LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Hamstring Stretches

Yesterday I got out for two outdoor walks - it was good to get outside - with working from home it is really easy to not get up and leave the house....

Carol - how is your DS feeling? And, yes, who would have thought our elections would come to this - although - as of now - it seems things are peaceful yet undecided...

Linda - glad Christine is ok - would love her to post her PT exercises here!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 11-04-20, 09:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

No workouts. My dh and I were watching election returns until 3am and I'm exhausted now. I have to go to the office this morning so I probably won't get any workouts in today. Waves to all!
Old 11-04-20, 09:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

So far Cathe Perfect Flow Yoga Strength & Flexibility...
Not much sleep here... sending hugs and waving high to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 09:59 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Cathe - Perfect 30 - Lower Body - 30 minutes

Another good one, and very do-able for me. Not lifting Cathe's weights though - lordy, that woman is strong. I modified a few of the exercises, but not many, and I didn't feel wiped out once I was done.

I didn't bother to stay up and watch election stuff. I didn't figure we would really know anything anyway. It was a normal bedtime for us.

We had another 549 new cases today and our hospitalization rate continues to climb. The City leadership has no plan - and the Governor has tied their hands so any restrictions they try to impose would be unenforceable, although he is surging medical teams and resources here - but we are running out of beds, and it's only getting worse every day. Other than some mask wearing, I don't see any change in behaviors. I saw shots from a watch party last night - lots of people, in a relatively small space, alcohol flowing freely, people moving from table to table visiting and hugging - and almost no masks in sight. What is wrong with these people? We had a five year old die today from CoVid. His mom took him to the doctor twice and they wouldn't test him - don't know why she didn't go to the free drive through testing place - he started having trouble breathing and she took him to the urgent care, they tested him and he was positive - and he died 3 hours later. Insanity. Sorry for the info dump. It's exhausting.

Donna - DS is seemingly better. Sinus? Who knows. I sure am missing my walking after work since the time change! It gets dark early here and it's hard to squeeze a walk in now.

Dana and Linda - Hope you took it easy today!

Carol
Old 11-05-20, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my Golden, so that is good.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Midlife Metabolism Boost - which was essentially a short circuit of cardio and weights.

Jessica Valent - Physical Therapy for SI Joint Pain - nothing unusual in this one - the normal exercises you see in PT type videos - but still valuable! The focus of this workout was to stabilize the SI joint - so a good amount of glute and hip work - which seems to be the remedy for so much that goes wrong w/ our backs these days.

Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Flexibility.

I plan to take a walk again today - I'm going mid/late afternoon since after work it is getting too dark.

Carol - Oh my, that is just tragic about the five year old and ridiculous and frustrating to see the behavior of everyone else. I'm glad your DS is feeling better, though. And, yes, I think it will be several days before we have a declared winner and then the legal battles....

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 11-06-20, 06:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Thursday was a planned rest day for me.

DS still feels a little under the weather - mostly just a headache and some congestion, which they tell me happens with CoVid (and with sinus). I am thinking it's sinus trouble, especially after our winter/summer weather last week and this. He's thinking about getting tested just to be on the safe side.

Donna - Nice job! I like that cardio and weights circuit workout of Pahla's.

Linda - Thanks for the update on Christine.

Happy Friday! Waves to all! "Only" 414 new cases yesterday.

Carol