Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-04-20, 01:26 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did Yogibethc VIP Bound Angle and also Spacious Spine on YouTube.

Cheryl, surgery is Nov. 30.

I'll be gone for a few days.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 08:16 PM  
seabliss

I just walked today. DH and I did some work setting up the writing room. It's got our bookcases, a comfy chair, and a keyboard and amp set up, along with nice pictures on the walls (and all our office-y stuff. It's where I can close the door and write songs or write for my day job, or anyone can go in there and close the door to write songs or read. It still needs some work (books unpacked), but it's a good room!

Cheryl
Old 11-04-20, 08:36 PM  
lynnf

Today I finished the 12th and last class of the Iyengar youtube series I've been doing. I felt like I accomplished something. I will definitely practice this one a few more times. This teacher is really good and I have learned a lot from her. She teaches shoulder stand really well and although I've done it before I really improved my technique with the way she built it up in this series. For a "beginner" class, she had you hold plough a long time at the end.

Cheryl, it's great to have a nice work space at home. I hear a lot of new jobs now are going to come out of the home. It seems like the idea of going into work may be going out of fashion. People seem to be getting into the idea of working at home. I think the whole thing has its pluses and minuses. But definitely it saves time!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 09:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I practiced singing today with our pianist. Had to return some pants and order the correct size. I ordered regular length but they sent short. Hopefully I will get the right thing this time. Ate diner out and then off to church. No workout to report. Geesh, way too much to do.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 11:37 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, thanks for keeping us posted on your surgery date. Maybe the new date, after Thanksgiving, will be less hectic.

Cheryl, your music & writing room sounds wonderful.

Lynn, so good to have an online series that's meaningful for you.

Diana, sounds like you might have to learn to say no occasionally.

I took yesterday off. DD had the day off work and we went grocery shopping. She's starting to resent that b/c she has enough grocery store at work (where it's too expensive for my budget). She's been trying to interest me in getting groceries delivered. I put my foot right down on that. In normal times, I expect her to do a lot of the housework and take the bus to work. I've been letting her housework slide and I've been driving her to work so she can avoid bus germs and get more sleep; the bus takes a lot longer than a car. I told her that she has to contribute to the household by shopping for me.

Had a nice ocean path walk in Sand City today.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 09:52 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia I wish it was as easy as saying no to others, but that's not what's taking up so much time right now. Normally, my checks (income) comes in the mail at least a week before it's due. For November, I didn't receive those two checks or the cable bill. I contacted everyone to get things taken care of and to start the process of getting direct payment set up. The problem was the postal service. Everything showed up the day the stop payments were done. We are still in the process of having business stuff taken care of also. People are working from home and I am having to do things 2 or 3 times to get things done. Some of DH's Drs are setting up appointments for him without even consulting us or even letting us know when the appointments are. I am having to go back and get things straightened up. They used to call and set the appointment up with you. Now they are just doing things without even contacting us. Things are no longer done properly and in order. Everything is a lot more work. I am still having to do some monthly bookkeeping. Hopefully after the end of the year and the business is closed I won't have to do that extra work.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-05-20, 07:41 PM  
seabliss

I did a shorter full body strength today from Bodyfit by Amy - about 23 minutes, and DH and I walked 2.5 miles.

Linda, thanks for letting us know when your surgery is!

Cynthia, your DD is lucky to have you for a mom.

Lynn, I've been working from home since 2003. So everyone's catching up! It does have its plusses and minuses. But for me being my own boss and making my own hours (and not having the drive time) are big positives.

I appreciate this place and you all especially when I don't want to go on social media or watch news or anything like that. I love that it is safe here from all the drama.

Have a good weekend!

Cheryl
Old 11-05-20, 08:22 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. Finally reached my mom today. She wants to "get out of here" but apparently she is still not walking so well so she still needs more rehab. Her dementia seems worse and I could not get her to understand that her favorite aide at home has not quit. I don't know how she got it in her head that the woman had left permanently when she just went away for her days off as usual. I think my mom can't hear me so well, so that doesn't help either.

Cynthia, I can understand why your DD doesn't like grocery shopping, but you definitely have to put your foot down sometimes even with adult kids. I had to remind my DS about proper thank-you etiquette the other day after he, inadvertently, when rushed, was somewhat rude, and now he calls me and thanks me at the end of the call, which is quite amusing.

Cheryl, obviously you were way ahead of the times. And yes, we all need to stay away from the drama. That's why I'm upping my yoga. Plan some relaxing yoga later tonight.

Diana, I know that it can be so much harder to get things done with everyone working at home.

Linda, have you been doing a lot of yoga lately?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 09:33 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-05-20, 09:47 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Yes, all of us -- group hug for support and no drama! I know a lot of people who have given up Facebook. I adjust my account so others' news doesn't fill my page. I can go to their page. And although I have opinions and beliefs, I decided from the start that my page would be positive and happy but not news-related.

Today I went to the Monterey library. It's open in a modified way. You can pick up books that you've ordered online at the window where the front door used to be, and return books in the drop box. You scan your card at the window. I parked several blocks away and got my walk done that way. Somehow the walk also took me to the French pastry shop next to the post office. I got an individual cake to go. I was going to have half and save the rest for DD but it was too good and I ate the whole thing. It was small.

Did day 3 LBD.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote