Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-07-20, 02:27 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - is there a badge for the most badges? Haha! You are a runner! And a world class cyclist and rower. Glad you are feeling better.
Helen - good point that you don't get to see the teens outgrow the ugly phase. Just know that they are better having had you for a teacher!
Pam - nice to know that you don't like Sun Salutations either!

11/5 - dog walk on my own.
15 min. Beginner Rebounding with Laura London.
35 min. JS's Total Body Sculpt from Boost Metabolism Build Muscle.
11/6 - 1 hour hike in the park.
Dog walk w/ hubby.
JS's Cardio Flow.

I picked a Jessica Smith rotation on Thursday, then realized on Friday that it was mostly strength training, so I found another one that started with the same workout. It alternates strength & cardio days. I will try to stick to it with some other workouts/hikes thrown in. Our weather has been outstanding lately, so I hope to get more hikes in while I can.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 01:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Weird sleeping schedule

I'm awake, so I figured I'd post.

11/7/2020: Rowing 20 minutes (the Hydrow app) a steady state of 22 SPM. Felt fine, kept up fine, enjoyed it. (a lot!) I do think I've found the app for me. Puts the spark back in rowing for me. Lovin' it. I then did (after work): Becs Gentry's 45 minute 60s run ** on the treadmill, followed by a 5 minute Post Run Stretch

I was worried I wouldn't get my 4 running sessions in this week for my training for my 10k. I'm fairly certain my runs will drop to 3 a week when the power zone rides ramp up to 8 a week! But, I did get them in. Monday was my long run (my usual plan, but again - that will be changing also with pz starting up. plan, plan, plan). and then I did a recovery run, a regular run and then today's run.

WHICH btw ... Lili: You gotta try this one when the weather turns and you're stuck inside. It was 45 minutes of PURE FUN ... She calls it her "Buffet" run, so you are allowed to choose whatever speeds you want. Doesn't even care if it's a walk. A little incline. But the music was great. (if you like 60s music). The class was 45 min 60s Run from Sat. 11/7/2020 at 8:30 a.m. Try it -- you'll like it.

That's it for now. I hope they post the start of the PZ challenge soon. I'd like to get a class or five in before the start of the week! tee hee.

Make it a great day!
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 01:55 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
Helen - good point that you don't get to see the teens outgrow the ugly phase.
Some turn their behaviour around that we see, as High School here is 6 years (7th grade to seniors); but I'm sure that some take longer to get their act together that we don't see happen.

CLEDA
So much of 60s music is great - the Doors, Mumas & The Pupas, The Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, The Righteous Bros., The Beatles...
That'd certainly be a fun ride!

PAM
If I'm having a good day, I blast (apart from $%#@*!! knee) but consistency is my downfall - you have that one down solid!

Sun., 8th Nov.
20min of KCM - Step Boxing, but WAY TOO FAST, so switched to
57min, Kimberly Spreen - Kick Box Boot Camp
ETA 70min, dog walk

Sunday afternoon - that time of day when the sun is still out, but cooling off (5:45pm & daylight savings) - so it's Alice time!

Mon., 9th Nov.
60min dog walk listening to Podrunner's Serenity, and it sure was! Lovely piece of tranquil music for an hour, without being 'trance/meditation' style.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 07:57 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/7 - dog walk
WS3 Upper Body
20 Min. Pop Walk w/ Jess King
5 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Jess Sims
11/8 - gardening and dog walk
1 Mile w/ Nick at Home from Leslie's site.
30 Min. Power Zone Ride w/ Christine (thanks for the link listing PZ rides, Cleda!)
20 min. rebounding
10 Min. Total Body Stretch w/ Adrian Williams

Old 11-09-20, 10:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Doing my usual gentle movement, still sorting out my hip issue. I remain an ongoing work in progress.....
Taking a break for a while, TTYL!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 11:23 PM  
Helen

Perfect30 HAS ARRIVED!! Was here when I came home.
Home early as went to doctor about knee & shoulder.

Knee:
Liked the brace I've been using during workouts - has side support metal bits.
Gave me a referral for an MRI but don't bother UNLESS there's still something going on in a month's time. MCL can take ~3 months to heal, hence the wait. Meniscus unlikely to heal as it's cartilage. If I can't do a twisty-Christi in another month, go that route - and if it IS meniscus, that'll probably mean surgery. He warned me that an MRI is expensive: $250.

Shoulder:
Unlikely to improve from now on. Range of movement (for my age.....) is better than most. Surgery might fix the impingement issue, but the ensuing scar tissue may end up with me in the same place anyway - positions that hurt. Basically, this one is a "suck it up, you're better off than most your age".

Now... have work to do & have to get the breakdowns into my database, which means also previewing the workouts.

PAM
"an ongoing work in progress....." hope your long-run isn't 'suck it up' as well, or that it gets better enough so that's an ok outcome.

LILI
Nice couple of days there ! especially Sunday.

HI CLEDA!!

KAY - what's happening?

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-10-20, 03:59 AM  
Helen

Tue., 10th Nov.
45min, Kristen Kagan - Step This Way - Section 1 Mix + Abs, 6"
lots of jumping, moderately complex choreo, and only ONE TINY LITTLE TWINGE. I'm VERY pleased!!! I'll be doing twisty-Christi again soon!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-10-20, 05:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

No time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Doing my usual gentle movement, still sorting out my hip issue. I remain an ongoing work in progress.....
Taking a break for a while, TTYL!
But you're still staying here, right????

Helen: Eeek on the medical issues. Keep moving. It's good for us.

Lili: I'm glad you find the buddy site useful. I'm now using it for the breakdown and descriptions (mostly music) of the Hydrow workouts. Very useful!

I will be back later tonight (I hope) to fill you in on the last (will be) 3 days. I just have to hit the bike as time's a wasting!

Make it a great day.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 11-10-20, 10:02 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I guess that's good news? Although, I would hope for something more positve. I don't want to feel good for my age, I just want to feel GOOD! (Says the woman with chronic knee pain!) I hope everything works itself out in good time. I think we all want instant healing and it just doesn't work that way.
Cleda - It's much easier to pick a workout when you have some idea of what to expect. Some days I need slow and steady, some days I can kick it up a notch!

11/9 - Leaf raking, this is a workout!
WS3 Lower Body
20 minutes of rebounding

Old 11-11-20, 05:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Wait what??? no new posts??

Guilty as charged! How can I expect everyone else to be posting when I'm not? Good grief! I am here to catch up as time is a wastin' and getting away from me. The more time goes on and I don't post? The more I don't post. (Kinda like if I skip a day of exercise. Wait! that hasn't happened this year. But you know what I mean!)

Just checking in!

Lili: I agree! I've used the app a lot and now that I'm using it for the Hydrow workouts, even more so. I tend to look for music on that one. I cannot believe how the Hydrow app has put the spark back in my rowing. I am really REALLY enjoying it! (Maybe more now than I had been?) Go figure! (just anxiously waiting for Peloton to come out with a rower!) Leaf raking is definitely a workout!

Helen: Sounds like you're managing the knee quite well. I hope it continues to get better. "Twisty-Christie"! I love it. (but not her workouts. Too much twisty for me. I always modified!) The 60s did have great music. It was all so short though. When Becs says she's going to play 14 songs throughout the run it's mind boggling. But it was great!

Waves to Pam, Kay and anyone else I may have missed. and if you're lurking? Please join! It always invigorates us to have new people in the check in. New things to look at, possibly try, workouts we aren't familiar with. ... /end of salespitch. I mean it though!

Have I really not checked in since Saturday???
(I better "get clicking" as my mom would say!)

Me, me and all me:

11/8/2020: Power Zone Christine ride* (60 mins.), Rowing 30 mins. (a Breathe - aka technique video), Adrian's Leg weight workout (30 ins.) 10 min. CDE stretch, 10 minute Cool down ride with Emma, Sundays with Love (with Nancy) virtue: Patience!

11/9/2020: Tread: 60 minute Marathon Prep with Matt, 10 minute cool down run, 45 minute power zone ride with Matt, 5 minute cool down ride, Post ride stretch, 10 minute CDE stretch, P.M: 10 minute Row

11/10/2020: Power Zone Endurance ride with Matt (45 minutes), Power Zone ride with Olivia (endurance - 30 mins.) Post ride stretch with Matt and row for 10 minutes.

*Sunday I had no intention of doing the 60 minute ride with CDE, but as I was drinking my coffee, one of the gals from our group was saying it was her 3000th ride and asked if we would join her in celebration. since I'm a good little lemming, off I went.

I figured like last challenge, the pz rides wouldn't post till later in the day. But it figures, I no sooner finished my workout and about an hour later the rides dropped. I was in no way shape or form ready to ride again. Soooo I waited until Monday. I think it's in the first 2 weeks or so that we really get our jump start on the rides (before they get too difficult). I think in the beginning, it's more of a "time" thing. So, I'm trying to get ahead before the weekend. We'll see. So far? So good.

Again, the rowing is taking off. I decided I will do my 18 sessions again this month. I have 12 to go. And 20 days left to workout this month, so I think it's a very doable goal. (short sessions - aka 10 minutes COUNT).

So there you have it. Have to go exercise before work.
Make it a great day.
Cleda